Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Need-More-Habitats-CURRENT-MAX 220-(Part III)

Executive Chef
    [QUOTE=DeeDe99;1190824]Freshfunin2008, I'm not "siding" with S8 here, but being an IT person I am acutely aware of the technical issues than can arise. Perhaps it was never intended that players would attempt to collect and display every single dragon, I don't know what the original design behind the game was. Maybe they thought people would tire of "old" dragons and hmmmmmm dispose of them over time. Who knows!

We've actually been told, which is what has been referenced here, that we will always be able to display all our dragons. Not duplicates but one of each dragon will always be able to be on display. Players have challenged this over the years and that's about the time we get the upgrades needed. It's been intended and promised that we should be able to display our dragons. For me, I can't even play. I can't hardly believe this situation, where I've spent the money I've spent and put the time I've put into it to now feel I'm punished for it. Clearly this isn't your fault, just explaining a few years worth of fun.
    -Level 200- ISO- Playing since early 2012- Proud sahm to 3 young men, my eldest is in his first year of video game design school in Seattle, my youngest, my twins, are starting High School this year!- Where does the time go? -We have 2 dogs & one wild and crazy fun hedgehog- "Ms Pickles"- Loving life in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!-

"We need land not useless decor and trophies that I wouldn't waste an inch of my island space on!"

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jjblueyes View Post

We've actually been told, which is what has been referenced here, that we will always be able to display all our dragons. Not duplicates but one of each dragon will always be able to be on display. Players have challenged this over the years and that's about the time we get the upgrades needed. It's been intended and promised that we should be able to display our dragons. For me, I can't even play. I can't hardly believe this situation, where I've spent the money I've spent and put the time I've put into it to now feel I'm punished for it. Clearly this isn't your fault, just explaining a few years worth of fun.
    History is always a useful perspective,jjblueyes. Thank you for explaining the past promises. Curious, I'm finding it. Did they make these promises without asking the dev team, I wonder. Something is just odd.

I hear you on the investment aspect - precisely why I keep asking for a product roadmap! Business app developers have to provide them, why not games developers? I don't want to find the game retired in 6 months in favour of Dragon Story 2 with no migration path. I understand new technologies coming up and replacing older platforms, but usually there is a migration path for existing customers. I'm not getting that vibe so far.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    History is always a useful perspective,jjblueyes. Thank you for explaining the past promises. Curious, I'm finding it. Did they make these promises without asking the dev team, I wonder. Something is just odd.

I hear you on the investment aspect - precisely why I keep asking for a product roadmap! Business app developers have to provide them, why not games developers? I don't want to find the game retired in 6 months in favour of Dragon Story 2 with no migration path. I understand new technologies coming up and replacing older platforms, but usually there is a migration path for existing customers. I'm not getting that vibe so far.
    That I can't tell you for certain, however I know that when people started first complaining of room we started getting these responses saying that if we placed our dragons correctly and not with duplicates, we should be able to put out all our dragons, and that we will always be able to do so.
    Now on the surface that sounds great, it's untrue. I have 440 dragons. Unique dragons, not counting the handful of duplicates I've decided to keep. I think I should decided how I play, if I want a island full of magics, so be it. Why should any game company tell me how to play with its game? That annoys me frankly. I enjoy keeping a few extra diamond type dragons for battles. Sadly I've had to put them in the stable, the very expensive stable I might add. Very greedy tactics. I also have found having double of the main quest dragons invaluable. Right now we are using a quest for the event. Having 2 of that dragon makes sure I can breed & do any other event TL throws at me. I should be able to make these game play decisions without someone deciding if I do, I will at some point, be played into a corner. I could remove the very few duplicates I have it still wouldn't fix my issues. I digress. My apologies.
    With the amount of dragons I have, even with many upgraded habitats, again very, very expensive habitats, there's no way I can have them all out. Diamond habitats housing 1? It's gotten way out of control and I get the technical concerns. I honestly think it would be a pretty quick & easy fix if the game had a feature, free, to store both dragons & habitats. You decide what theme you want your island to be. If you want to have as much out as physical possible great, if you only want pink things out great. This has been asked for and suggested repeatedly.
    A response from someone, that somethings at least on the way would be amazing! Thanks for hearing my rant. I truly love this game or I wouldn't be here with my passion, & my forum friends are wonderful. Great supportive folks!
    Last edited by jjblueyes; 10-17-15 at 09:30 AM.
    -Level 200- ISO- Playing since early 2012- Proud sahm to 3 young men, my eldest is in his first year of video game design school in Seattle, my youngest, my twins, are starting High School this year!- Where does the time go? -We have 2 dogs & one wild and crazy fun hedgehog- "Ms Pickles"- Loving life in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!-

"We need land not useless decor and trophies that I wouldn't waste an inch of my island space on!"

Banned
    I'm not sure what the total number is of every dragon but I figured it out that you can display 530 different dragons while keeping the 15 individual diamond habitats, and using all 4 dragon habitats that you can, give or take a few extra dragons. For instance 2 Dino and 2 mythic can be added but I didn't count them. If diamond habitats are replaced with 4 dragon habitats then you can fit 557. I'm not sure on the total but it's probably around 600 different dragons by now, so we still can't display every dragon. If you only have 3 dragon habitats you may as well subtract 146 off those total numbers and that's what you can fit. Main account Jrod33, Jr account Jrod333

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod333 View Post
    I'm not sure what the total number is of every dragon but I figured it out that you can display 530 different dragons while keeping the 15 individual diamond habitats, and using all 4 dragon habitats that you can, give or take a few extra dragons. For instance 2 Dino and 2 mythic can be added but I didn't count them. If diamond habitats are replaced with 4 dragon habitats then you can fit 557. I'm not sure on the total but it's probably around 600 different dragons by now, so we still can't display every dragon. If you only have 3 dragon habitats you may as well subtract 146 off those total numbers and that's what you can fit. Main account Jrod33, Jr account Jrod333

I, personally, have 567/568 but I am trying for Prime Magic. Also have Spooky Tree dragon in storage and have yet to craft Sweet Tooth and Azurite, then there's the 3 community dragons to go, so I gues that makes it 574 dragons in total. Have a bunch in stables that I'm not able to display. Making diamond habitats hold more than 1 would go a long way towards helping, but having said that I AM maxed out on habitats and need the limit extended. Have invited mods/dev a to visit my island and explain where I'm going wrong as we were promised that all our dragons would be able to be displayed.

Executive Chef
    I don't know. I only know what I have going on at my place. I have dragons hiding everywhere. Stables, storage. I can't use the Dino or tropic habitats, I have a treasure dragon in a habitat so that feels like a waste of space. Many special release habitats have been 3 dragon ones that I purchased long ago. I've also paid 500 golds for that one extra spot per habitat, enough to feel I've done my part to help out. I'm not willing to spend that to add one dragon per place. I need a lot more help then a few dragons...I got jigsaw stuck in the spell shop, can't craft my mining dragon. It's all connected & it's not good for me. Event going on, every dragon will go straight to storage & that's it. Christmas is coming & I sure hope I have something to look forward to in the game & not more of this.
    Cheers, Jen

Banned
    So how many dragons can you actually display Awsumum? I can only display 557 but that's still not all, and even still we need more habitats then only holding the exact amount for and future dragons to come out.
    Last edited by Jrod333; 10-17-15 at 06:40 PM.

Executive Chef
    I suppose one question is: When is the game finished?

By that I mean, most games have an end-point, whether that be football, soccer, Monopoly, Scrabble, tennis......

At what point has the player won or lost in Dragon Story?

I can see myself buying one more habitat as they put me in my coffin! LOL

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod333 View Post
    So how many dragons can you actually display Awsumum? I can only display 557 but that's still not all, and even still we need more habitats then only holding the exact amount for and future dragons to come out.
    I have 29 dragons in stables, and unfortunately Spooky Tree dragon (from spin wheel) will be stuck in storage for the foreseeable future. Can house Sweet Tooth (have space in 1 of the fairytale habitats) and because I got the Haunted Trail, I can house all the community event dragons (assuming we can get them all)

So my maths not too crash hot, but I THINK I can house 533. Course I could be WAY off (not sure how you housed 557!!) That's with almost all habitats at 4 dragon capacity (except diamond - grrr, and specific habitats) everything else has been upgraded/purchased for 4 dragon habitats. But I STILL can't fit everyone in
    Last edited by awsumum; 10-17-15 at 07:46 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by awsumum View Post
    I have 29 dragons in stables, and unfortunately Spooky Tree dragon (from spin wheel) will be stuck in storage for the foreseeable future. Can house Sweet Tooth (have space in 1 of the fairytale habitats) and because I got the Haunted Trail, I can house all the community event dragons (assuming we can get them all)

So my maths not too crash hot, but I THINK I can house 533. That's with almost all habitats at 4 dragon capacity (except diamond - grrr, and specific habitats) everything else has been upgraded/purchased for 4 dragon habitats. But I STILL can't fit everyone in
    You are a rockstar. I just won't spend anymore on this game. You have all upgraded habitats and you still can't put all your dragons out. I will start spending my money when I'm feeling more secure in my ability to play my game at all. Congrats on your spooky tree! you'll get to use him at some point.
    Jen