Page 65 of 103 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Thread: Breeding Combos and Questions ( Part III)

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks, guys. Had to speed up last two hours of some egg, as all my 3 nests were taken and I just had to see that Mercury egg. Yep, there it is.

Next fail is 7 hours, so either Seer or Clown. It's good to still be a newbie, as both of those are new to me so I'll be happy with either.

Farm Supplier
    I've only been playing DS for a week or so, so I'm still very much a newbie when it comes to breeding. I'm just putting dragons together to see what happens with no type of strategy yet...lol. One of my first hybrids that I'm happy with is the Sunblaze (I think she was sunflower x rose, but I can't remember) I got the Sunflower with the $1.99 starter pack.

I have another Rose on the nest...meh. I have fire x air in the den for 16 hours. From the research on Supreme Dynasty, it looks like maybe a Fireflower? It's just been the last day that I've learned I can somewhat predict what egg I'll get based on the breeding time, but I still don't know if I'm reading everything right. So much to learn!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by BiteMe111 View Post
    Next fail is 7 hours, so either Seer or Clown.
    Clown.

Executive Chef
    New for me....... Dino x Dino = pterodactyl ..... Egg on nest, might useful ?
    Another new .... Air xForest = Druid ...... Egg on nest Makes a change from the mists and other common etc.
    Last edited by pernmagic; 05-11-15 at 02:05 PM.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I've only been playing a few weeks, so I'm still figuring things out. My question is, is it possible to produce all the available dragons from breeding, or are there some you can only buy, and can't be produced from any breeding combination? And if so, is there a guide somewhere for which dragons must be bought not bred? I've been looking and looking, but can't find anything like that.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tyriasarkin View Post
    Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I've only been playing a few weeks, so I'm still figuring things out. My question is, is it possible to produce all the available dragons from breeding, or are there some you can only buy, and can't be produced from any breeding combination? And if so, is there a guide somewhere for which dragons must be bought not bred? I've been looking and looking, but can't find anything like that.
    If you go to the first post on this thread, you will see an egg chart. Chart shows the dragons currently breedable. Click on the chart and you will go to another web site. She has a link to a spreadsheet you can download (link wasn't working tonight) showing most, if not all, the dragons released. There is a whole catalogue of dragons that you can only acquire through world events, quests, tournaments, mining, etc. You can't buy them or breed them. Sometimes they are available again on the spin the wheels. And sometimes there are special time limited offers to buy an expired dragon. I'm sure there are more people out there that can give a more concise answer.
    Last edited by roguebee; 05-12-15 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roguebee View Post
    If you go to the first post on this thread, you will see an egg chart. Chart shows the dragons currently breedable. Click on the chart and you will go to another web site. She has a link to a spreadsheet you can download (link wasn't working tonight) showing most, if not all, the dragons released. There is a whole catalogue of dragons that you can only acquire through world events, quests, tournaments, mining, etc. You can't buy them or breed them. Sometimes they are available again on the spin the wheels. And sometimes there are special time limited offers to buy an expired dragon. I'm sure there are more people out there that can give a more concise answer.
    Thanks for the reply. But I should have clarified. I did look at the egg chart on the first page of this thread before posting. But what I wasn't clear on was what "breedable" on that chart meant. Does it mean those dragons can be bred with another dragon, or can be produced from breeding? I realize the special dragons - dragons gained from quests, limited time dragons, etc. can't be bought or bred. Mainly I was wondering about the various single-color dragons like White, Black, Pink, etc. Since they cost lots of gold to buy, I'd rather try to breed them, like how Magic (purple) can be produced by breeding Red with Blue. That's logical, but what two colors would you breed to produce White? That's why I was wondering if it was possible, since there isn't a logical color combination for that. Sorry for the stream-of-consciousness rambling. I'm probably over-thinking this anyway.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by tyriasarkin View Post
    Thanks for the reply. But I should have clarified. I did look at the egg chart on the first page of this thread before posting. But what I wasn't clear on was what "breedable" on that chart meant. Does it mean those dragons can be bred with another dragon, or can be produced from breeding? I realize the special dragons - dragons gained from quests, limited time dragons, etc. can't be bought or bred. Mainly I was wondering about the various single-color dragons like White, Black, Pink, etc. Since they cost lots of gold to buy, I'd rather try to breed them, like how Magic (purple) can be produced by breeding Red with Blue. That's logical, but what two colors would you breed to produce White? That's why I was wondering if it was possible, since there isn't a logical color combination for that. Sorry for the stream-of-consciousness rambling. I'm probably over-thinking this anyway.
    White can be bought with coins, not gold.
    Pink can be bred with red and white.
    Black can be bred with purple and blue.

Of course, this is not to say that when you breed white and red you will automatically get pink. You are more likely to have plenty of white and red dragon fails first. But it's one of the possible outcomes.

God! I don't know what to do. I have so many dragons I want and with the new releases and limited releases I am like what to do. Sometimes I wish I use the combo with many dragons I want and sometimes I want to use with not many but a few including the new releases.

Like now I want torchlight and humming but I am confuse
    Magic x Royal can give me torchlight and jester and if I think of Marshmallow and Goblin it can give me many I don't have.
    Last edited by PrincessCouture2014; 05-14-15 at 04:53 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCouture2014 View Post
    God! I don't know what to do. I have so many dragons I want and with the new releases and limited releases I am like what to do. Sometimes I wish I use the combo with many dragons I want and sometimes I want to use with not many but a few including the new releases.

Like now I want torchlight and humming but I am confuse
    Magic x Royal can give me torchlight and jester and if I think of Marshmallow and Goblin it can give me many I don't have.
    I'm a relative newbie, so I'm not sure how valuable my input can be, but I would breed for those separately. The reason being that Torchlight is a limited time release, you don't want to waste that precious time on 21 hours Poison fails. Genie may be irritating but at least it's only 8 hours.

Both the fact that it's "only" rare and the postings in this forum indicate that Torchlight is fairly easy to get. I got it on third try with Gold and Magic. Now I moved on to trying for Humming and of course the very first try is giving me Poison, yuck!

This said, I do try throw in a Diamond hybrid (so I used Gold when trying for Torchlight, instead of Air), cause there's always hope of something really really cool. My Mercury last week was a fail when trying for iirc Loch Ness (which I never got). But not another simple color, especially not in this particular case, based on the time limit and the possible fails.