Quote Originally Posted by DragonWished View Post
I think it's important for Android users to understand there are 2 app stores where you can get teamlava games. Depending on your device, one of these may be a default but you should be able to access both.

The first is amazon's appstore. The RS game there does NOT have different versions and does not get in-game popups for free gems or discounted items It is, however, always up to date, although a bit slower than the Google Play version.

The second source for Android apps is the Google Play store. This is where all the different versions of RS reside. The newer versions tend to be buried low in the search results so you might have to hunt for the latest and greatest. You have the choice of downloading and installing new versions as they become available OR you can wait for the free gems popup and do the download at that time.

Your gameboard actually resides on the teamlava/storm8 server and it doesn't matter which app version you use.

First off, I DO use the Google Play Store to download the updates, and NOT the Amazon app (In fact I've never even used the Amazon app for anything).

Second off, as I've stated above several times in various posts, I DON'T download the new updates right away. I "wait" and I "wait" and I "wait" for the suppposed pop-up announcing the update and it NEVER comes. I usually give up around 2 weeks later and just search for it in the Play Store. This is the point you people keep missing.