Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday Sales are coming soon!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by belarica View Post
    Congratulations 200 gold for a champion is a good deal!
    @belarica, thanks! I know, right?

Executive Chef
    So disappointed with the no go cyber Monday GPD sales.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Executive Chef
    Warning: Anyone who hates rants please skip my post and move on to the next one.

It stinks. Anyone reading the threads going all the way back to last year should know that there's a boat load of players who missed out on the sale last cyber Monday and were planning on saving the entire year and getting in on the action this time around. It stinks enough how they up the cost of things from year to year and the bottom line seems to be driving ALL, instead of happy customers being the focus... but this was surprising. The company made a lot of sales last year and made customers happy.

I wouldn't have been able to place a gpd this year.....I have 3 full gold habitats and I'm up against the wall with room but many people would've been thrilled and I have 3 full habitats of them, many do not. Technically I could've made it work but I'm at a place in this game where I have tough choices. Landlock myself for one dragon on a spot that could hold 3/4 or get to play a little bit longer. I wish I had more wiggle room but I don't. I had to stop trying for the breedable sale dragons because I was having good luck and no place to put my spoils! I started having to sell commons and make room wherever I could. Which isn't a lot.
    Frustrating.
    As someone stated just a page or 2 back, communication is a huge issue. If someone had let people know that cyber Monday wasn't going to happen at all I think we would have sad folks but people would have been prepared and not as angry as some are. Not blaming mods- they can only tell us what they know. I do think at least answering the questions many have with "I don't know" would help with the frustration.
    I'm saddened to see this game I've loved for sooo long continue down this road of alienating the very ones who make it possible for the game to thrive.
    It's been a long time coming but it's been changing for years and it's not for the better. I myself would have got more habitat upgrades had they stayed the same price as we got a few years ago. Everything was 150 gold. When you have folks who can't play that's an awesome thing to do. I had no problem paying that and I spent a lot at the time doing it. When that price was raised last year I didn't buy a one. I had to get a few this year just to continue playing but had they done the 150 again I would've gone hog wild I'm sure.
    This is beyond needing to make a profit or having to pass on a price increase due to higher production prices, this is and has been about squeezing as much as they can. I know it's backfing with me and many others. I was a big gold spender. I happily supported the game and would have continued. The game I once played was completely worth supporting and earned my business.
    I won't play the bingo, I won't buy your gold and I won't play the way I once did.
    Someone needs to design an ostrich with his head buried in the sand dragon and name it TL/S8.

Yes it's a 4 page blabber post. I apologize.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by zaaracake View Post
    There will be. There always has been in the past. Plus S8 are being extra nice this year...definitely so in Bakery Story.
    Apparently, no cyber monday sale. That sucks.

Fashion Designer
    My little Paisley Dragon just hatched! Thank you, Storm 8! I love my wee old fashioned dragon!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jjblueyes View Post
    Warning: Anyone who hates rants please skip my post and move on to the next one.

It stinks. Anyone reading the threads going all the way back to last year should know that there's a boat load of players who missed out on the sale last cyber Monday and were planning on saving the entire year and getting in on the action this time around. It stinks enough how they up the cost of things from year to year and the bottom line seems to be driving ALL, instead of happy customers being the focus... but this was surprising. The company made a lot of sales last year and made customers happy.

I wouldn't have been able to place a gpd this year.....I have 3 full gold habitats and I'm up against the wall with room but many people would've been thrilled and I have 3 full habitats of them, many do not. Technically I could've made it work but I'm at a place in this game where I have tough choices. Landlock myself for one dragon on a spot that could hold 3/4 or get to play a little bit longer. I wish I had more wiggle room but I don't. I had to stop trying for the breedable sale dragons because I was having good luck and no place to put my spoils! I started having to sell commons and make room wherever I could. Which isn't a lot.
    Frustrating.
    As someone stated just a page or 2 back, communication is a huge issue. If someone had let people know that cyber Monday wasn't going to happen at all I think we would have sad folks but people would have been prepared and not as angry as some are. Not blaming mods- they can only tell us what they know. I do think at least answering the questions many have with "I don't know" would help with the frustration.
    I'm saddened to see this game I've loved for sooo long continue down this road of alienating the very ones who make it possible for the game to thrive.
    It's been a long time coming but it's been changing for years and it's not for the better. I myself would have got more habitat upgrades had they stayed the same price as we got a few years ago. Everything was 150 gold. When you have folks who can't play that's an awesome thing to do. I had no problem paying that and I spent a lot at the time doing it. When that price was raised last year I didn't buy a one. I had to get a few this year just to continue playing but had they done the 150 again I would've gone hog wild I'm sure.
    This is beyond needing to make a profit or having to pass on a price increase due to higher production prices, this is and has been about squeezing as much as they can. I know it's backfing with me and many others. I was a big gold spender. I happily supported the game and would have continued. The game I once played was completely worth supporting and earned my business.
    I won't play the bingo, I won't buy your gold and I won't play the way I once did.
    Someone needs to design an ostrich with his head buried in the sand dragon and name it TL/S8.

Yes it's a 4 page blabber post. I apologize.
    I agree 100%! It is revolting! No GPDs sale for new players, no land for old players, it is revolting! I have 2 islands and I started playing this game in January this year and I have waited 11 months to buy GPDs on Cyber Monday, as I know that they were on sale on the previous 4 years on Cyber Monday, I am very very heartbroken and upset!

Rhino Keeper
    I have been buying gold for many months for the GPDs sale on Cyber Monday and I have saved around 6,000 gold pieces in each of my islands, months of planning and all of that for nothing!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by FieldsLikeB View Post
    My little Paisley Dragon just hatched! Thank you, Storm 8! I love my wee old fashioned dragon!
    congrats, I bred 4 island dragons and some other dragons when trying for Paisley... no Paisley for me
    From June 2013
    Id : meoconlunar - lv200
    10/10 Prime Dragons
    28/28 Diamond Dragons
    14/14 Treasure Dragons
    Dragon Count : 1064
    Newest Breedable Dragon: Inuit Dragon

Rhino Keeper
    @dragonphoenix6, glenngenius...I totally feel ya! I'm nowhere near 6000 gold (woohoo for you dragonphoenix6) but I had about 1000 gold saved to buy two @400 or at least one @600, leaving something over for habi spend...but...
    But there's still Christmas...
    After all, it's Xmas...we sure can hope for a bumper GPD sale. It's all we got.

Executive Chef
    I only invested in the 4 seasons habitats. Figured they'd be the most useful, especially with space at a premium. With Quasar on sale until Friday I still have time to try to breed it. I debated just buying Circuit since my trying to breed it got me a Unicorn (yay!) but I don't want to blow all my gold because it'll be just like S8 for players to spend it all on this sale and then turn around and put the GPD on sale for Christmas.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast