Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huge Pop Up Ads

Nightclub Owner

Huge Pop Up Ads

Is anyone else getting very annoying and very GIANT pop up ads for other S8 games? It's only in my BS and it started yesterday. I don't know how to do a screen shot, but for example one is for Dragon Story and it says 'your dragons need to be fed' or something and has two buttons. One very small one says 'play later' and a much bigger one says 'play now'. If I hit later, the window closes but the game icon stays on the left bottom of the screen (directly above the menu button). If I hit play now, it takes me to the DS app. It's really weird and annoying
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Rhino Keeper
    I've been getting them too and they are definitely annoying...TL had popups a few years ago too and they were hugely unpopular. I really hope they will be removed soon; I've been playing this game for many years, and I'm getting closer to just closing up my bakery for good.

Executive Chef
    they are kind of hitting us over the head with it these days. i thought the billboard outside our place was bad enough.

Fashion Designer
    I've been getting them all day on my main bakery. They just pop up all the time even when going around tipping neighbours. When you log on you get the big icon, close it and then, like you say it still leaves a small icon on the left of the screen. To get rid of that have to click on it, which brings up the large message again, then click on it to close. Just about every time I leave bakery story and do something else, when I go back I get them again! I'm sick of it. I'm a paying customer of storm8!

My second bakery doesn't get them at all. I've never spent real money on this one.
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

Rhino Keeper
    I've been getting them incessantly too!

Has this in-your-face nonsense EVER paid off for this arrogant game company?

Nightclub Owner
    What I find really strange is that they're popping up with no incentives to play the games that I don't already have. We used to get gems for installing and playing new games. I got one for Monopoly Bingo which I don't have installed but am not going to download & play an app without some kind of reward. Getting one for Dragon Story or Castle Story is also lost on me because I already have and play those games.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Executive Chef
    I got same pop ups, wouldn't mind if it was just once a day. But I get a pop up every time I long into the game. Here's some of the screengrabs from today.

Rhino Keeper
    I've been getting these for the past few days & wondered if it was due to me buying a new iPad but from what I see here others are getting it too. Why S8? Some of these games haven't been played since 2013, I've even tried selling all the items on the game yet apparently my dragons need feeding, how I sold them all!

I hated the big billboard but at least if you force closed the app & went back in the billboard would be gone & stay gone. These massive ads pop up when visiting neighbours & just now when I was taking food off the cooker.

Please remove these ads IF we want to play these games we install them & play but flashing massive ads up for them isn't going to make me play them, it's more likely to make me consider closing my bakery & restaurant as frankly been level 99 for about 2 years, have mastered just about every cooker to the max & we get offered more crates than cookers or new recipes & it's getting boring now & not surprised lots of my neighbours are closing their bakeries down because they're bored. The level 99 cap needs removing & please can we have some new recipes for the old cookers.

Rhino Keeper
    I would only get hit with them usually when I first entered the game....no big deal. Then this morning I get like 3 or 4 in a row everytime I did something different. This is way to excessive. If I wanted to play the games I would. Stop shoving it in my face.

Executive Chef
    Same for me. One day can pop up many times. I don't really like it to pop up daily.
    Enjoy Baking! 🍰

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast