Page 53 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 10/7 Update - Monster Mash Ball (TIMED/OPTIONAL) | EXPIRED

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by caron7 View Post
    I did not get beasts spawning from cottages either. I'm not sure what is going on with that. Werebeasts I can find aplenty, but ghosts and werewolves are absent! I have seen just 3 mummies but over 100 werebeasts.
    that is more than me! I only seen werebeast! nothing else , I played since beginning till now
    on lv 36

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackiesq View Post
    [...]I think it's better if S8 made this events so that doing 1 of the 2 was hard for lower levels, but easy for the L50's. Doing both hard for the L50's. Everyone can win something that way, but the game is still interesting for the high level players...
    Exellent idea!
    (from a long time L50)

Quote Originally Posted by violet779902 View Post
    Do you think we won't be able to upgrade the haunted house after the 6 days are up? Not even sure which one to focus on. Doesn't seem possible for me to fish prizes and house. Tough choice.
    Typically, no, only during the event. That's why most players have some partially built event buildings. Completing the castle gets you a new adventure building so that's a top priority for me and many others.

35 cursed stone away from a level 10 castle. Bought a ton of horses to get ready for collection tonight or tomorrow once I get my stones and complete the castle.

Can anyone share what the recent horseshoe drop rate is? Determining if I spend all my energy on horses (and the few castle checks) will make it possible to complete.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by caron7 View Post
    Prize crate for the werebeast worries was very helpful. Attachment 33980
    I think it's random but let's hope it big for everyone like that!!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by violet779902 View Post
    Do you think we won't be able to upgrade the haunted house after the 6 days are up? Not even sure which one to focus on. Doesn't seem possible for me to fish prizes and house. Tough choice.
    Yes you can but only using gems. I didn't manage to finish one event (before I started coming to the forum) so I stored the building and then after I saved up a lot of gems, I would take it out and level it up until I finally got it all the way levelled up and it works just like it is supposed to.

But you won't get the keep. That's a timed prize.
    Last edited by PrincessCelestian; 10-13-16 at 05:08 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by asikosan View Post
    There are just always so many complains that forum reminds me a Wailing wall. every time theres a quest, people start to complain right away.
    Even see the complain about the keep being 4x4 - i think its a perfect size for a Perfect prize! It's the best reward imho and it's beautiful drawn.
    We get the third building to do the adventures - isnt it awesome!? that means we ll get extra gems/resources every other day
    And its not for gems or $real money but just for completing the quest.
    I remember the time we had no single update for months ! So i'd rather do a time/energy consuming quest than sitting without one at all.
    The keep and individual prizes this time are very very much worth it to get them! Thanks, S8!
    I agree with you that I really like to have these events. And the forum really can be a wailing wall. I think there have been a few fundamental issues lately with the events though, and it's stacked up to people automatically being frustrated at the start of a seemingly "impossible without gems" event. There are some things I totally dig about this event. The prizes are awesome. They are way better than the prizes in the past. And I love having something to do because my storyline goals are so slim. However, there have been some events here lately that HAVE totally been mathematically impossible without gems such as aanpa and then just recently, the pirate request for 40 of something in one day. And without people pointing it out and complaining, no one would have finished without gems. I do agree it seems like a money grab. And I get that s8 is a business but I would spend money anyway without the blatant money grab. Usually I actually spend less with the blatant money grab because it seems like I have to spend a whole lot to achieve my goals. Here are the problems I think with this event that have made people so upset:
    1. The dire boars are annoying in the course of the game period. Now we are fighting other types of monsters too but the dire boar rate is astronomical. It needs to come down. Although I have to say, I haven't spawned one in days. Tap those small rock piles people!
    2. The releasing of two events at one time sucked. Especially two with different time limits.
    3. It's too intense of an event coming too close on the heels of the elven update. I was happily plugging away at that and wouldn't have gotten bored for weeks.
    4. It's too intense for the time given. I think there should be a few more days. Not to make it possible for everyone but to make it possible for a lot of people without being glued to the game 24/7 for the entire duration. We are leading up to some big holidays and if you have a day or two commitment where you can't always be on your phone, you should still be able to complete the event. S8, please keep this in mind going into the holidays.
    5. And lastly, I think coming out with another seemingly impossible without gems event after so many that HAVE been mathematically impossible without gems is a bad business move. People have become disenchanted with the game over the last few months feeling like they are being taken for a ride and I think this is just adding to it for many.

Anyway that's my two cents for why I think people are upset. Me personally? I don't think I can get every prize without spending gems. I think it was too hard for me to figure out a good strategy and I had several things that kept me away from my phone for some days during the event, like hurricane Matthew. But I am plugging along and think I can make it pretty far. And I have resigned myself to use the gems to get me the rest of the way.

Everyone loved the pirate event and while I didn't dislike it, I found it quite boring because it wasn't super challenging. But I can see how it would be good for players that are lower level or that still have a lot of story line goals to complete. I think that S8 has to walk a thin line of keeping players like me that are high level with few story line goals happy and challenged and still allowing for other players to achieve the optional goals as well. And I have to say that I don't think they have managed to find that balance yet.
    Last edited by PrincessCelestian; 10-13-16 at 05:19 AM.

Executive Chef
    Oh and I do really like the fact that we only have to check in every 2 hours if that's all we can. The aanpa event had my alarm going off every 10-15 minutes to tap something that that was annoying.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCelestian View Post
    I agree with you that I really like to have these events. And the forum really can be a wailing wall. I think there have been a few fundamental issues lately with the events though, and it's stacked up to people automatically being frustrated at the start of a seemingly "impossible without gems" event. There are some things I totally dig about this event. The prizes are awesome. They are way better than the prizes in the past. And I love having something to do because my storyline goals are so slim. However, there have been some events here lately that HAVE totally been mathematically impossible without gems such as aanpa and then just recently, the pirate request for 40 of something in one day. And without people pointing it out and complaining, no one would have finished without gems. I do agree it seems like a money grab. And I get that s8 is a business but I would spend money anyway without the blatant money grab. Usually I actually spend less with the blatant money grab because it seems like I have to spend a whole lot to achieve my goals. Here are the problems I think with this event that have made people so upset:
    1. The dire boars are annoying in the course of the game period. Now we are fighting other types of monsters too but the dire boar rate is astronomical. It needs to come down. Although I have to say, I haven't spawned one in days. Tap those small rock piles people!
    2. The releasing of two events at one time sucked. Especially two with different time limits.
    3. It's too intense of an event coming too close on the heels of the elven update. I was happily plugging away at that and wouldn't have gotten bored for weeks.
    4. It's too intense for the time given. I think there should be a few more days. Not to make it possible for everyone but to make it possible for a lot of people without being glued to the game 24/7 for the entire duration. We are leading up to some big holidays and if you have a day or two commitment where you can't always be on your phone, you should still be able to complete the event. S8, please keep this in mind going into the holidays.
    5. And lastly, I think coming out with another seemingly impossible without gems event after so many that HAVE been mathematically impossible without gems is a bad business move. People have become disenchanted with the game over the last few months feeling like they are being taken for a ride and I think this is just adding to it for many.

Anyway that's my two cents for why I think people are upset. Me personally? I don't think I can get every prize without spending gems. I think it was too hard for me to figure out a good strategy and I had several things that kept me away from my phone for some days during the event, like hurricane Matthew. But I am plugging along and think I can make it pretty far. And I have resigned myself to use the gems to get me the rest of the way.

Everyone loved the pirate event and while I didn't dislike it, I found it quite boring because it wasn't super challenging. But I can see how it would be good for players that are lower level or that still have a lot of story line goals to complete. I think that S8 has to walk a thin line of keeping players like me that are high level with few story line goals happy and challenged and still allowing for other players to achieve the optional goals as well. And I have to say that I don't think they have managed to find that balance yet.
    I totally agree!

Farm Supplier
    Is the Monster Munchies side goal worth it? I would have to use energy to get the roast chickens as I have about half of the total needed... Not sure how many stones and vines are given in the reward....