Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wax Parchment - Why?

Wax Parchment - Why?

Hello! I just reached Level 40 and I have yet to figure out the answer to this, so I thought I would ask. I receive the gift of Wax Parchment from several of my neighbors everyday, and I haven't seen any use for it yet. I've been mostly declining them, but I'm wondering if it's something I will need when I get further in the game? Should I be stock piling them?

Thanks for your help!

Wax parchment has only been used to build the dim sum cart so far, no need to stock pile, I decline them as well. I think when neighbours click the "gift back" button it is automatically selected, not the gift which has been sent, I think it's just a glitch in the game. Hope this helps ��

Quote Originally Posted by meggymoo141 View Post
    Wax parchment has only been used to build the dim sum cart so far, no need to stock pile, I decline them as well. I think when neighbours click the "gift back" button it is automatically selected, not the gift which has been sent, I think it's just a glitch in the game. Hope this helps 😊
    Yesssss!! That helps a lot, thank you!!

Rhino Keeper
    If you're getting wax parchment from some of your neighbors everyday, you should let them know that there is a glitch with the gift back button on their copy of the game. Most likely, they just wanted to gift back the same item that you sent them and don't know that they're actually sending you wax parchment.

Same goes for the drip bowl. I think it also happens with logs, oven lights, brass latches, freezer shelves, glowing lanterns, and golden knobs - I don't know of any non-expired ovens that use these parts, yet I have quite a few of these in storage (I accepted everything back when I didn't know what's useful and what isn't) and still occasionally get them. But wax parchment and drip bowl are the most common items associated with this glitch.

Oh, that's a good idea! I never want to appear ungrateful for any gifts that I receive, but if it's unintentional, maybe it would be helpful to let them know.

Thank you!

New Resident
    I wouldn't mind the gift back glitch constantly sending oven elements!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by 01370137 View Post
    I wouldn't mind the gift back glitch constantly sending oven elements!
    I know right, I wish that too!

I wish they would fix that. I would prefer to gift back the same gift I received.

Fashion Designer
    "Gift back glitch"? I am on Android so maybe that's why I don't understand the term. Do you mean when I send them a gift, they accept and then choose a fuse to send me, their game sends wax parchment, etc.? I get wax parchment & drip bowls before I gift, so they technically are not gifting back.

Appreciate understanding this, because I was going to start sending wax parchment to those who send drip bowls and vice versa, cause it happens every day.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kat8rose View Post
    "Gift back glitch"? I am on Android so maybe that's why I don't understand the term. Do you mean when I send them a gift, they accept and then choose a fuse to send me, their game sends wax parchment, etc.? I get wax parchment & drip bowls before I gift, so they technically are not gifting back.

Appreciate understanding this, because I was going to start sending wax parchment to those who send drip bowls and vice versa, cause it happens every day.

Thanks
    Hmm. I'm on iOS, so I'm not sure if maybe it works differently, but here's what happens to us.

Let's say, someone sends me an Oven Element, which is awesome because I can always use that! If I tap Gift Back on that item, instead of selecting the Oven Element that I received, the game automatically selects Wax Parchment (and I guess sometimes drop bowls). I don't have an option to change it or select something else.

In order to send my neighbor an Oven Element - or whatever gift I want to send - I have to visit them and use the gift button from their bakery.

So, what happens is, people most likely hit the Gift Back button, thinking that they are sending back whatever you sent them, not realizing that they're actually sending Wax Parchment or Drip Bowls.

Hope that helps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast