Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fashion Story Update 8/1/2016

Executive Chef

Fashion Story Update 8/1/2016

Update day.

Release Date: 8/2/16

Usher in the heat of this year’s summer with some retro swimwear guaranteed to sell out in your Boutique in Fashion Story!
    You won’t be cruisin’ for a bruisin’ with these new items:

• Surfs Up 1 wallpaper
    • Surfs Up decoration
    • Surf Queen decoration
    Last edited by IsisGarden; 08-02-16 at 01:55 PM.
    Sometimes, you just gotta shake your head, so you won't pop off at the mouth.

#sometimesifeellikeanupdatelesschild

Not adding neighbors at this time. All requests will be declined.
    ❤️Love ya, IsisGarden (Fashion Story Moderator)
    Ft Support Help: Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com

Executive Chef
    I was told that we should get summer updates soon.

Retro swimsuit in the catalog. 8 hrs, low cost, low yield, low profit, so-so xp. Very retro looking, though. I think it's a hoot. Isis, the sunglasses are for your collection. :-D

In the design area, there's a 2x2 mannequin wearing high heels and carrying a surfboard for an affordable 18 gems. Cute as anything we've ever been offered but the heels look ridiculous. The sandals from the catalog would have been much more appropriate.

There's also a 2x1 surfboard sitting on a horizontal stand for coins. I have no idea what to do with it. It appears disproportionate to the board the mannequin has and my first impression was that it was an ironing board.

2 wallpapers, one for gems and one for coins. Nicely done.

That was all I found.

New Resident
    I've been having some trouble earning coins. I've read the tricks, blogs, and forums, but I'm not making as much as I used to. Does anyone have any recommendations or tips??

Thank you,
    ID: Ammi_C or Diamonds5271

You might try stocking from the back of the catalog. That's where the high profit outfits are.

I do a mix of both the current week's outfit and the high profit outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammi_C View Post
    I've been having some trouble earning coins. I've read the tricks, blogs, and forums, but I'm not making as much as I used to. Does anyone have any recommendations or tips??

Thank you,
    ID: Ammi_C or Diamonds5271

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonWished View Post
    Retro swimsuit in the catalog. 8 hrs, low cost, low yield, low profit, so-so xp. Very retro looking, though. I think it's a hoot. Isis, the sunglasses are for your collection. :-D
    Yay! Sunglasses. Going to check them out now.

Executive Chef
    There's also a 2x1 surfboard sitting on a horizontal stand for coins. I have no idea what to do with it. It appears disproportionate to the board the mannequin has and my first impression was that it was an ironing board.
    It does look like an ironing board. Do you want me to mention or ask about it?

Although, it did remind me of a surfer cleaning or sanding her surf board, but I'm not sure that's what they meant with it.

If you don't mind, I think it's worth an inquiry. It wouldn't be that difficult to make the piece 2x2 and add a few accoutrements that give meaning or context.

Executive Chef
    If you don't mind, I think it's worth an inquiry. It wouldn't be that difficult to make the piece 2x2 and add a few accoutrements that give meaning or context.
    Okay, I'll ask.

Rhino Keeper
    Nice to finally get a beach/swimwear update. The retro theme is cute, though my biggest wish is for a pink or red bikini catalog. Hopefully in the next update Storm8?

I've noticed that the most recent mannequins, though cute, are just reworked versions of older mannequins. The Grill Queen is based on the July Baker, and this week's Surf Queen is based on the French mannequin. That is why she's wearing high heels instead of more appropriate sandals -- the French mannequin is wearing heels, and apparently it would be too much work to change her posture to reflect wearing sandals. Why not just create new mannequins for us Storm8?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast