Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please post your experiences with tourney loss streaks and breeding for Dragon Tales

Nightclub Owner
    I haven't lost much in the tournaments

But I have been breeding nothing but commons for around 2 years now

I sure miss the 2 months when I completed my diamond collection, that's 8 Diamond type dragons in 2 months
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Executive Chef
    There are other possibilities other than the game code.

It is theoretically possible coms, device hardware, operating systems (less that optimal compatibility perhaps) and DS version could all, in isolation or combination, cause issues. The issues being raised on this thread are not experienced by all players - it is reasonable to suggest if it were game code alone then more players would be affected.

I will say I have repeatedly found when I am on a losing streak on the iPad in a tournament that going and fighting the next battle on my Android phone invariably breaks my losing streak. It is simply one of my standard battle tactics now. I've not tried that with breeding, just the Arena.

As far as breeding goes, I've essentially given up trying to breed limited dragons and I now view DS as a game where dragons are NOT (or very rarely) acquired through breeding, but via events. I fulfill my breeding aspirations in other games.

Banned
    Lost 20 times to Inquisitor. Then lost 4 times to the next dragon (Spell 19) with 55% win chance. This is as an "end game" player with multiple best chance dragons against virtually any other dragon.

What's funny on the breeding for comparison is that I've been trying for the Rapunzel (purple/yellow) for the last several days and have got nothing but Genie commons. If I were to try a purple/blue breed right now Id get Coral a large majority of the time. There is 100% manipulation of some sort going on whether its intended or not. Issues with OS/device/connection would manifest themselves in other ways. They had to put in a connection check before many player actions due to people *****ing, so connection issues would result in a connection error screen from that try/catch. You have a valid connection and a valid server response from an attack in arena, there is nothing device/connection/OS related that's going to change that result. It's something code or data related.

It would be interesting to see the data if you started tracking it for when you switch to the Android phone on losing streaks. Maybe your player profile is altered in some way while using the Android phone resulting in "easier" battles.

Executive Chef
    I will report what I have come across the last year's tourneys, and this most recent tales, for the sake of info all being in a central location. <3

This past year, I have been getting stuck on 1 or 2 champs for at least a full day, sometimes more. This time, it was the inquisitor, I was stuck on him an entire day, and I am able most of the time to log in every hour to battle. Finally got past him, I cannot even remember which dragon I used because I was picking randoms at that point. This has indeed happened every tourney, except the chimera one. I don't think that one had a champ. I have a level 15 diamond and beast, right now those are my only 2 maxed dragons due to feeding issues, lol.

This tales, I bred 3 night dragons and a wizard before I was able to breed a coral. I started early on the breeding, before the tales started. I got those 4 with common blue/purple because I thought that was the safest route, but finally got it with diamond and beast I think. other tales, though, I don't normally have issues breeding the required dragons.

Banned
    Currently on another 4-loss streak for Duchess. Probably no way I can finish this tournament now without Ultimating Stalwart, which is a level 20 champ.

That's 30 attacks (with just about exclusively dragons having the best possible chance to win) on Inquisitor, Spell and Duchess. I was on Inquisitor for 2 days.

Edit: Still losing on Duchess. Absolutely ridiculous. Going into battle 7 on 55% win chances. The stance from the company that nothing is different during DT/tournaments has got to change.
    Last edited by chuckyt888; 07-24-16 at 08:43 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Niire View Post
    I will report what I have come across the last year's tourneys, and this most recent tales, for the sake of info all being in a central location. <3

This past year, I have been getting stuck on 1 or 2 champs for at least a full day, sometimes more. This time, it was the inquisitor, I was stuck on him an entire day, and I am able most of the time to log in every hour to battle. Finally got past him, I cannot even remember which dragon I used because I was picking randoms at that point. This has indeed happened every tourney, except the chimera one. I don't think that one had a champ. I have a level 15 diamond and beast, right now those are my only 2 maxed dragons due to feeding issues, lol.

This tales, I bred 3 night dragons and a wizard before I was able to breed a coral. I started early on the breeding, before the tales started. I got those 4 with common blue/purple because I thought that was the safest route, but finally got it with diamond and beast I think. other tales, though, I don't normally have issues breeding the required dragons.
    Speaking of the tales, when I see the list of required tasks on page 1, often times it already discourages me due to my bad experience in the past with some of the hard to complete tasks

And when the final prize isn't anything interesting, like the recent one that has types that I don't like, I simply give up on them, I don't even try to complete it at all

So I would say overall Tales has been a bad experience for me, since it requires so many tasks to be completed in such a short period of time, and some of which seems pretty much impossible for me to complete since I cannot play every single hour every day, especially during weekdays when I have work
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    I'm not trying to get on TL's bad side but the posts in this thread are right and it's taking the fun out of the game. The last tournament was really horrible as I was stuck on Inquisitor and Valiant for over a day and I'm on Android. Breeding is bad too as I can go weeks breeding nothing but Corals, Genies, Athletics (which are supposed to be "rare" but love my island) and the three worst time wasters in Magic, Island and Virtue (also supposed to be "rare"). The last time I bred something useful was Crusader last month. Something's wrong there. Also, what happened to World Events? Everyone is complaining about the Leaderboards and rightfully so. They favor iOS users because of the Arctic Isles not being available for Android and the rich who pour money into the game to get a leg up. At least with World Event everything was fair and everyone had a level playing field. I understand the company has to make money but there's other ways of doing it. As I say, I don't want to sound insulting but when you get a lot of users complaining, it's not a good thing. Please bring the fun back.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by starship412 View Post
    I'm not trying to get on TL's bad side but the posts in this thread are right and it's taking the fun out of the game. The last tournament was really horrible as I was stuck on Inquisitor and Valiant for over a day and I'm on Android. Breeding is bad too as I can go weeks breeding nothing but Corals, Genies, Athletics (which are supposed to be "rare" but love my island) and the three worst time wasters in Magic, Island and Virtue (also supposed to be "rare"). The last time I bred something useful was Crusader last month. Something's wrong there. Also, what happened to World Events? Everyone is complaining about the Leaderboards and rightfully so. They favor iOS users because of the Arctic Isles not being available for Android and the rich who pour money into the game to get a leg up. At least with World Event everything was fair and everyone had a level playing field. I understand the company has to make money but there's other ways of doing it. As I say, I don't want to sound insulting but when you get a lot of users complaining, it's not a good thing. Please bring the fun back.
    Agreed

Adding onto that, I don't find Tales event fun at all, just a lot of work to be done in the short period of time given.

World Events, on the other hand, gives a lighter feeling in how we're all contributing to a final community prize, however, the recent one set the points for the final individual prize way too high and many players missed the prize from not having enough points, myself included

Overall, I really wish the game changes many of the things people have been complaining about for years, I've made similar suggestions 2 years ago, but none were taken into account

All of this complaining, however, merely created argument between players on the forum, which really does nothing good, as the game is still not as enjoyable as it once was in the earlier years
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Rhino Keeper
    Agreed re: tales. I haven't bothered to even start the last few tales and I've never tried to finish one. They are too much work and not very fun...not exactly what I am looking for in a game.

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    I agree with the tales too. The only ones I even tried to put effort in was the ones with the Royal Family and Arcane Age. The last two tales including this one had unappealing dragons. A suggestion - lessen the food requirements and involve dragons other than blue, yellow, white and purple dragons. Black, pink, mythic, cosmic and rainbow would be far more interesting or reintroduce soccer and heart or maybe introduce a new color altogether.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast