Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [iOS] Travel to the Arctic Isles using the Airship.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by bullwine View Post
    I am stuck on Arctic isles.
    Look to the left and you should see the Hot air Balloon. Click it then look at the bottom of your screen and you then should see a travel button- Click that.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    You mean AWESOME Android players. Just takes a bit more time, development process is longer.
    I mean no offense, lol...but I've been playing over a year, and us droiders have been out of luck for the isles that entire time...

I do understand stuff takes time. But constant releases for IoS plus not being included in some pretty old stuff tends to make us feel like red headed stepchildren who get locked in a closet with a doggie food and water bowl...okay I went a bit nuts there, but yah.

Banned
    You mean AWESOME Android players. Just takes a bit more time, development process is longer.
    Will we see this stuff in the year 2016?

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niire View Post
    I mean no offense, lol...but I've been playing over a year, and us droiders have been out of luck for the isles that entire time...

I do understand stuff takes time. But constant releases for IoS plus not being included in some pretty old stuff tends to make us feel like red headed stepchildren who get locked in a closet with a doggie food and water bowl...okay I went a bit nuts there, but yah.
    Ouch! We <3 Android, too. The Android ports have been quicker than before (examples, dragons that make resources, new event types), but they still take longer. Android requires a broader range of testing too since there are so many types with different hardware specs.

iOS only has 2 features (Ice Age, Album) that Android doesn't have: legacy features that haven't received updates in a long time, but most if not all new features so far are ported over.

Quote Originally Posted by Burrymillz View Post
    Will we see this stuff in the year 2016?
    My magic 8ball says *~very~* likely for breeding filter and 2.4.2 stuff. I can't say when exactly.

Farm Supplier
    Ouch! We <3 Android, too. The Android ports have been quicker than before (examples, dragons that make resources, new event types), but they still take longer. Android requires a broader range of testing too since there are so many types with different hardware specs.
    As a long time DS player using android, I was so happy last year when you guys got us most of the additional game features as ios players have had for so long. Even without the Arctic Isles & Album, it was enough to really make me happy (and I think most other androiders). I do not understand the differences in creating programs across different platforms, but I fully believe that it is true.

My big disappointment has been the continued inclusion of ios & android players in the same groups of the LB events. [[note: I don't necessarily care for the event all together, because of the pitting player vs. player; but I do understand it. I believe that it is a large revenue stream for your business, which is totally understandable to me.]] However, when combining players that have decided advantages over other players, that just feels like an enticement for the under-advantaged players to spend even more money, just to try to stay even. To all ios players: this is not a slight to you at all, If I were you I would use any advantage I could. But I feel like S8 should find a way to separate the players before continuing with these types of events.

When the time comes that the coding across platforms equals out, then super. But until then I am very happy playing the game that is available. I just wish that the real money I have spent with your company didn't seem so tainted once these events began.

Quote Originally Posted by BeSweet247 View Post
    As a long time DS player using android, I was so happy last year when you guys got us most of the additional game features as ios players have had for so long. Even without the Arctic Isles & Album, it was enough to really make me happy (and I think most other androiders). I do not understand the differences in creating programs across different platforms, but I fully believe that it is true.

My big disappointment has been the continued inclusion of ios & android players in the same groups of the LB events. [[note: I don't necessarily care for the event all together, because of the pitting player vs. player; but I do understand it. I believe that it is a large revenue stream for your business, which is totally understandable to me.]] However, when combining players that have decided advantages over other players, that just feels like an enticement for the under-advantaged players to spend even more money, just to try to stay even. To all ios players: this is not a slight to you at all, If I were you I would use any advantage I could. But I feel like S8 should find a way to separate the players before continuing with these types of events.

When the time comes that the coding across platforms equals out, then super. But until then I am very happy playing the game that is available. I just wish that the real money I have spent with your company didn't seem so tainted once these events began.
    Leaderboards do group Android and iOS separately. However, if you own multiple devices, it'll group you on the device you're matched on when you start the event. Once you're matched, groups are not changed for the duration of the event.

Executive Chef
    Yah, just the two things on this game. LOL, I am sorry, there is actually another game right now that has me a bit disgruntled, because it seems like 50% or more of it is IoS. And you all have added an immense amount of stuff for us. My feeling a bit...ahem...isolated does not stem from this game as much as the other, and several stuffs on a few other games as well. I just like to see equality. <3 I will, most likely, be getting an IPad soon, but I think I'd still get on the podium for equality overall.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 07-07-16 at 09:34 AM. Reason: removed private medical information

Farm Supplier
    Leaderboards do group Android and iOS separately. However, if you own multiple devices, it'll group you on the device you're matched on when you start the event. Once you're matched, groups are not changed for the duration of the event.
    That sounds nice. Guess the players are just smarter then, as I still have ios players with arctic isles in my group (& I have each time). Oh well. C'est la vie. I'm still enjoying trying to breed some new uniques and stockpiling apples & gold.

Fashion Designer

Artic isles

Hello,

i was wondering about the artic isles. The globe icon to go there no longer shows so i cannot go there to breed and evolve dragons. Is this a glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by azucita View Post
    Hello,

i was wondering about the artic isles. The globe icon to go there no longer shows so i cannot go there to breed and evolve dragons. Is this a glitch?
    You'll need to use the Airship that was shown during the tutorial to Travel now. This is an intended gameplay change.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast