Thread: Advice needed for building up food supply

Rhino Keeper

Advice needed for building up food supply

I'm trying to build up my food supply. I currently have about 60,000. I'm planting strategically to get the maximum I can every day and speed breed and evolve as much as I can so I can mine for food. I do pretty well, but I have a ton of level 4 and 7 dragons I want to feed, in addition to champs and diamonds I would like to raise to 15. How do people build up 200,000+ AND get their dragons fed? I get up to 150,000 or so and end up playing catch up with feeding and wipe it out! Between dragons I already need to feed and new ones who also need to be leveled up, I feel like I'm never going to get a solid supply built up!!

Speaking for myself I cannot do both at the same time. My strategy is to build up to 400k (or close to it) in anticipation of the next Dragon Tales. While I am doing that I do feed any baby dragons I get and decide to keep (no commons only rare or better) from breeding/crafting/winning up to level 3. Therefore I can evolve them and trade them for gems along the way. Once I get to that 400k mark or so, then I use whatever I go beyond that to feed whatever dragon I feel the need to.

That being said I have a ton of Level 3s and 6s waiting to be fed and/or evolved. The way the game is structured I don't see that getting any better until they provide us with better (read more) ways to get food and evolve. Once I get enough gems I'll stop my gem trading strategy and it may get better for me.

Executive Chef
    I plant Diamondates constantly, Rushrooms every now and then. My base line currently is 200,000 food, I don't let myself drop below that.

To get there, I just didn't feed anything for a while. To maintain it, I only feed one dragon at once. At the moment, I am taking Rainbow to epic, 12,500 a feed. So I only feed her once I have 212,500 food or more. One feed at a time if necessary. Sure, I'll feed babies and get them evolved, because I produce about 25,000 apples a day, so there is room for feeding here and there, but those hungry higher levels I plan out one dragon at a time.

I am trying to get my base stock up to 300,000 at the moment, so try to save half of what I produce each day and use the rest to feed. Rainbow has been fed once today. She may well have to wait until tomorrow for her next feed. It can take 6 days to get those hungry ones from level 9 to level 10. Took me forever to get Warrior Prince to level 15.

The trick, I believe, is resisting the temptation to try to raise everything at once. My first to 15 was Diamond, then Beast (a Tales requirement), then Warrior Prince, then Infinity, then Fire.

I find the use half, save half approach works for me. I consider mined food a bonus, so use that to feed whoever I happen to like at the time. Supreme was one I put everything else on hold for, just love that dragon!

Rhino Keeper
    I love the use half save half idea! I plant upgrapes or rushrooms during the day and set timers. I plant diamondates before bed. I have Warrior Queen to level 14 so I guess I should concentrate on her 1st, then work on Diamond, currently at 11. This is definitely a game of patience!

Executive Chef
    Patience is definitely a prerequisite! LOL

I did similar in the early days: I split my coin earnings three ways. One third to clear land/buy habitats, one third to grow food and saved the rest. That also took considerable patience - and patience is not one of my strongest characteristics! My game is ruled by spreadsheets!

Fashion Designer
    I plant upgrapes as much as I can and supply with rush roomsand diamondates for the night.
    as others I'm keeping 2-300.000 as a buffer for tales.
    now I'm working on rainbow sentinal who is a tough bugger. Only at lvl 12 now, but 21.840 a feed so there is a long way to lvl 15 still :-(
    We all need more productive farms if we should have a chance to keep up with the food requirements