Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it my imagination or is something up with maps?

Rhino Keeper
    Guys...there is another aspect that you might have totally overlooked. The requested items are plot-specific. We had a lengthy discussion about this about a year ago. Very busy right now, so just copying from that thread. Hope this helps...
    Quote Originally Posted by jagarjag View Post
    Ur requests r place/item specific. I can't explain it without example. Say you have 50 maps in hand and need 60 for the expansion. When u want to send out requests u have to click on a specific land area. Say you have x, y and z as possible expansion plot. You send ur requests to all ur nbrs from x. Now u needed only 10 maps for the expansion. If u expand x as soon as u have recieved those 10 maps, then the rest of the maps goes lost. Ur nbrs will still be getting ur requests but the maps will not come to ur storage..they just goes up in air...but if u sent reqs from X but after getting the missing 10 maps expand Y or Z, then ur maps will be gathering in ur storage.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    Jagarjag - NOW I get what you mean - let me rephrase to see if I am understanding correctly.

You are proposing that if you request from a particular plot, get the needed (say) 5 or 6 maps you are waiting on, meaning there are still 14 or 15 to come for that day and that specific request, if you expand as soon as those 5 or 6 are received from the same plot you requested from, you never get those other 14 or 15 maps from that request.

If, on the other hand, you request from a different plot than you expand from, the other 15 or 16 maps will be received while the expansion is in progress.

Have I understood correctly? VERY interesting! As I said somewhere earlier, I just request from wherever and then later expand more often than not from a completely different plot (sometimes change my mine five times LOL) so I would probably never have noticed this at all.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by BiteMe111 View Post
    How many days has it been since you last sent a Bottled Moon request and to how many friends did you send it? This is totally a shot in the dark, but maybe the game is still sending your BM requests and that's why map requests aren't coming through?
    I send daily, but most of time i get 1 or 2 back, and that 1 would always be Stormie
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Executive Chef
    Since I stopped asking Stormie, always ask from a plot I am NOT going to expand from and got to the point expansions take 3 days, I get 20 a day for three days, plus more on the fourth day if I don't immediately expand. I usually have over 70 by the time I do the next expansion, including maps from my map dragons (4 a day).

I do have great neighbours.

Nightclub Owner
    Lucky you, cause I dont lol
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Executive Chef
    I just checked now. I have 65 maps on hand and there is 10 hours to go on my current expansion in progress.

Rhino Keeper
    [QUOTE=DeeDe99;1317037]Since I stopped asking Stormie, always ask from a plot I am NOT going to expand from and got to the point expansions take 3 days, I get 20 a day for three days, plus more on the fourth day if I don't immediately expand. I usually have over 70 by the time I do the next expansion, including maps from my map dragons (4 a day).
    /QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this. I have been expanding from the "asking" plot so I am losing all the maps sent to the plot after I start the expansion. Now I know NOT to actually expand from the asking plot.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by retseho View Post

Thanks for posting this. I have been expanding from the "asking" plot so I am losing all the maps sent to the plot after I start the expansion. Now I know NOT to actually expand from the asking plot.
    Retseho, are you iOS? What I generally do is this. Tonight my expansion finished by which time I had already 70 maps on hand for the next expansion. I started a new expansion, leaving a balance of 10 maps in store. As I now have an expansion in progress, I can't now ask for more on the main island. I whip up to the Arctic Isles, where 16 are needed for an expansion and as I now only have 10 I can ask for more. So I do. So now, while my expansion on the main island is in progress for the next 3 days more maps are coming in.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    Retseho, are you iOS? What I generally do is this. Tonight my expansion finished by which time I had already 70 maps on hand for the next expansion. I started a new expansion, leaving a balance of 10 maps in store. As I now have an expansion in progress, I can't now ask for more on the main island. I whip up to the Arctic Isles, where 16 are needed for an expansion and as I now only have 10 I can ask for more. So I do. So now, while my expansion on the main island is in progress for the next 3 days more maps are coming in.
    I am using Android OS. Avoiding expanding
    from the asking plot will help quite a bit in clearing the forest faster.

Rhino Keeper
    Interesting. I respond to all map requests, but have been getting fewer and fewer requests lately. Maybe people aren't getting the maps I think I'm sending.
    I don't have many neighbours, even though I am at lvl 150. I guess I should get rid of the ones who don't seem to play.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by 9krm View Post
    Interesting. I respond to all map requests, but have been getting fewer and fewer requests lately. Maybe people aren't getting the maps I think I'm sending.
    I don't have many neighbours, even though I am at lvl 150. I guess I should get rid of the ones who don't seem to play.
    That's what I did
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast