Thread: How do you "divide up" your bakery?

Rhino Keeper

Question How do you "divide up" your bakery?

Given how hard it's to have only items from one theme (particularly non-seasonal ones) in a bakery it's often necessary to "divide up" the space for different sections/ themes. How is this done in your bakery?

I have a 20x23 bakery and often find myself struggling with this so I typically use water (or sometimes, cloud) or a street but that makes my bakery quite empty... Are there better (or more efficient) ways?

Banned
    You could buy dividers and place them around certain areas. This way you would have divided you bakery into different parts so you can have different themes in each section. And to avoid making the bakery empty, you could have a gap between a line of dividers...this way the customers can move around. Hope that helps

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvLifeLike View Post
    You could buy dividers and place them around certain areas. This way you would have divided you bakery into different parts so you can have different themes in each section. And to avoid making the bakery empty, you could have a gap between a line of dividers...this way the customers can move around. Hope that helps
    I know but it doesn't look very nice...

Fashion Designer
    You can do it different ways in different sections of your bakery. I have a garden section in mine so to divide that from my kitchen area I use the blarney counter. It just looks like a stone wall. Mine are full of red velvet cake though. In another section I have the barista counter and display cases dividing my kitchen and eating area.

I also have another bakery. In this on I use paths to divide them. It looks quite nice.

In the past I've also used the wood columns with the white trellis in between. In the winter the trellis is easily replaced with the snowy fence. Then in Halloween I replaced that with the pumpkin dividers. I think that's what they are called.

A few ideas for you anyway.

Edit: you're very welcome to take a look if you'd like to. My smaller bakery's ID is sopranosfan. I recently did a few expansions so it's only 2 or 3 from full size.

Just leave a message when you're finished so I can have a quick look at your before I decline the request. :-)
    Last edited by geordieprogman; 04-22-16 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Extra info plus changed brick to stone
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by geordieprogman View Post
    You can do it different ways in different sections of your bakery. I have a garden section in mine so to divide that from my kitchen area I use the blarney counter. It just looks like a brick wall. Mine are full of red velvet cake though. In another section I have the barista counter and display cases dividing my kitchen and eating area.

I also have another bakery. In this on I use paths to divide them. It looks quite nice.

In the past I've also used the wood columns with the white trellis in between. In the winter the trellis is easily replaced with the snowy fence. Then in Halloween I replaced that with the pumpkin dividers. I think that's what they are called.

A few ideas for you anyway.

Edit: you're very welcome to take a look if you'd like to. My smaller bakery's ID is sopranosfan. I recently did a few expansions so it's only 2 or 3 from full size.

Just leave a message when you're finished so I can have a quick look at your before I decline the request. :-)
    Thanks I've taken a look at your smaller one - your path is a lot "cleaner" than mine!
    I like how your garden section looks too... It actually feels like they're all from one theme.

Thank you so much for your comments!

Fashion Designer
    Thanks very much. You should check out my main bakery as well. I like blarney counters for the garden. They really go well. I have a stone built wall at the end of my garden at home so thought I'd do it the same lol. Oh the blarney counters are like a stone wall. I just noticed that I'd wrote that they looked like a brick wall.
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

I tend to do one seasonal at a time with mine. I don't have summer, fall, winter, and fall all in one.

I do create a village with real time season that I'm going thru. Right now I have sleepless city by city park with city cafe style then follow by spa/yoga class off the boardwalk onto the beach with a small island and a national park. I use a lot of plants and trees to divide up areas. If you want to see how my bakery flows here is my id buzzthealienbee. Post on my wall that you came by

Quote Originally Posted by luincristiel View Post
    Given how hard it's to have only items from one theme (particularly non-seasonal ones) in a bakery it's often necessary to "divide up" the space for different sections/ themes. How is this done in your bakery?

I have a 20x23 bakery and often find myself struggling with this so I typically use water (or sometimes, cloud) or a street but that makes my bakery quite empty... Are there better (or more efficient) ways?
    I like dividing the sections in my bakery with different colored floor tiles, but different thing work for different people