Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Help] Best food to cook to earn most income for bakery?

Red face Best food to cook to earn most income for bakery?

I found out that the customer's choice of item to buy is completely random and that TL has programed to "give back" some food items in order to slow down the game, which tends to make trying to figure the consumption rate less of a factor. You can not predict the consumption rate for any product given the way the program works. Once you have reached a level where production exceeds consumption it doesn't matter how long it takes to produce product. I have over 30,000 plates of each item I have ready to sell. I have more than enough items to sell while I prepare even the items with the longest prep times.

What you can do is prepare only the items that either give you the most number of coins or XP points, which ever you are trying to achieve. Produce them in large enough quantities to keep the customers buying only those items and still give you time to prepare them. Don't bother with other products if you don't need them.

Quote Originally Posted by logon2k View Post
    I found out that the customer's choice of item to buy is completely random and that TL has programed to "give back" some food items in order to slow down the game, which tends to make trying to figure the consumption rate less of a factor. You can not predict the consumption rate for any product given the way the program works. Once you have reached a level where production exceeds consumption it doesn't matter how long it takes to produce product. I have over 30,000 plates of each item I have ready to sell. I have more than enough items to sell while I prepare even the items with the longest prep times.
    Yeah, talked about it here: https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...ll=1#post53914

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpix View Post
    I created a spreadsheet in Google Docs a couple of months ago that helps to illustrate the points I listed above. The left-side of the spreadsheet shows the typical information you'd be able to tabulate directly from the game itself. The right-side, which shows "Servings (Top Row) and Takings per day by number of appliances" is an attempt to show the maximum number of servings you'd be able to sell per day based on the number of appliances you had as well as the profit (selling price less cost) you'd potentially be able to make.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...kc&pli=1#gid=8

I have been working on one as well, have Farm, Bakery and Restaurant on here. Not as fancy as yours, but works for me! Hope it's helpful.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...0TEZDT3c&hl=en

These comments and calculations have helped me enormously in trying to figure out what is so appealing to me about this game . . . There are dimensions of this game which are not initially apparent!

Farm Supplier
    Could we "revive" this thread to reflect the new changes TL has made to quantities? In BS the new serving amounts don't seem to make much sense.

Farm Supplier
    This thread depresses me, being that it is no longer valid. I started playing this game in December (I think) and now, I'm about to quit. I was so trying to work towards some of the newly disappeared items, all for nothing. And its laughable, the new tools released, only to be able to cook one food product.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by nia0079 View Post
    This thread depresses me, being that it is no longer valid. I started playing this game in December (I think) and now, I'm about to quit. I was so trying to work towards some of the newly disappeared items, all for nothing. And its laughable, the new tools released, only to be able to cook one food product.

I'm sorry! I would never want to depress anyone that has suffered through this week with TL, lol. I feel your pain.

Is this still valid? (from first pg)

The consumption limit is 45 servings per minute equaling 2,700 per hour and 64,800 per day (it used to be 50 per minute)

I have a spreadsheet based upon the new servings/4 coins each, but was missing this part and didn't know if it's still valid.

What's becoming apparent is that everyone would be earning the same amount per day no matter of the food selection chosen, assuming your rating is at 100 (have max customers visiting) and you have food available.

Rhino Keeper
    Then besides being cute - what is the purpose of expensive food?

Quote Originally Posted by logon2k View Post
    We are all free to cook whatever we like. The originator of this thread was asking which items would provide them with the greatest number of coins or ROI.

Most of the items you decide to cook are the best for the amount of time it takes to cook.
    red velvet cake takes the same amount of time as sugar cookies and valentine cookies, but the red velvet cake makes more coins in the same amount of cooking time. Earl Grey Tea takes the same amount of time as Love potion, but pays out more. I don't know how long each item takes to sell, they may be the same and they may be different. Given what I do know, I would cook red velvet cake and not the other two and I would make Earl Grey Tea and not Love Potion, but that may not be your strategy.
    Hey guys. I've been playing Bakery Story for quite some time. So I'm just going to say this. If you were to cook, say, Chocolate Cherry Trifle, it says you will earn 8500 coins but if you are cooking this on 11 other appliances, wouldn't you subtract 8500- ( cost of dish ) and then multiplied that times ( number of appliances ) and then multiply THAT number times... 7? Bit confused.

- somamom

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast