Thread: Out of Sync with Server. Lose tons of money and food few times a day

Angry Out of Sync with Server. Lose tons of money and food few times a day

Game version 1.5.5.9 (no updates available)
    Android Sony Xperia z3

I've seen multiple threads with this issue from 2010 and 2011, yet none of those gave an answer. So please, Storm8, I was having fun with the game but this issue makes me want to quit every time and I will do so sooner rather than later if it continues.
    The issue happens on both Restaurant Story and Bakery Story, but my examples are from Restaurant Story.

Every once in a while, usually a few times a day, there will be a message that pops up "Out of Sync with Servers" and the game resets itself to a previous point in time.

2 of the times this happened I had just recently gotten myself a collection item, the rarer ones, and complted one of the money collections. the one with 15k coins and 750 xp. So I lost ALL of that when it reset and other times I lost hours and hours of food plus any money I had made.

The message pops up either when collecting food, or doing something else.

Other times I just get a "Processing" message and it lasts, sometimes for literally 30 min before I get tired of waiting, realize the game glitched and I close all apps through a task manager or some other way, or restart my phone and when I come back, the game restarts and has reset itself to a point in time a few hours before. I lose all the time, money, everything. If I purchased gems, gone. Luckily, I have only made one small gem purchase, so I didn't lose much.

This issue happens when doing things. Twice already it happened while trying to expand the restaurant territory. One of those times I lost 40k coins!!! Plus gems and hours of food and time wasted!

And please, don't say to restart my phone or to reinstall the app. Tried and it doesn't help.

I quit. Game just set me back a whole day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

thanks for no help whatsoever, storm8

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. Most of the time a restart and a reinstall does fix the majority of issues. It is Sunday night for S8 now, so you will not receive any help until their working week begins.

You might want to add some device details so that a response can be given, (eg, IPad/Android etc and the version of the game you have.)

This is a post I have for Castle players, but the principle is the same across other games. Perhaps you could try this as well. Link to Troubleshooting Wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. Most of the time a restart and a reinstall does fix the majority of issues. It is Sunday night for S8 now, so you will not receive any help until their working week begins.

You might want to add some device details so that a response can be given, (eg, IPad/Android etc and the version of the game you have.)

This is a post I have for Castle players, but the principle is the same across other games. Perhaps you could try this as well. Link to Troubleshooting Wifi.
    Thanks for replying
    I did add both the game version and my device model at the very beginning of my first post in this thread, right when I first posted it. As well as instances when it happens. I read the sicky before posting and tried to to what it said.

The reason I say I quit is because I can see from the forums that this is an ongoing problem people have had since it seems like 2010. And if it still hasn't been fixed, it's highly unlikely that they will fix it when they come in to work on Monday morning.
    Oh, and I have the same problem when playing both with wifi and with mobile internet.

I understand... and the more updates that come out, the more memory you need and the older your device gets the harder it gets to play. Have you tried clearing out old cookies and uploaded your photos somewhere? Some players have had much better access when their device has more room. I'll flag this thread for you as well with S8 so it doesn't get missed. Maybe it hasn't been fixed as there is no fix. I really don't know. Let's wait and see...

Hmm, well I only got my phone a month ago and it's not full. The photos are on my sd card and I don't have many of them yet. I clean cache out once every 2 or 3 days usually and I have plenty of space on my phone, of 11gb total, about 7 or 8 are available internal memory. Sd still has 30gb.
    The phone is a late 2014 model, so it's not really considered old, I don't think. Android 5.1

Anyway,I do hope they fix this as I was enjoying the game, but I'm not going to keep my hopes up for it. It's a lot of time wasted only to be set back either a few hours a few times a day or a whole day at a time.

thanks again for responding.

Hi, this is the response from S8 for you... I also asked whether this could be a device or ISP issue.

Doesn't seem ISP issue but it may be a device issue. Are you playing on Restaurant Story: Hot Rod? If so, can you try playing on regular Restaurant Story to see if that will help lessen the sync errors?

Let us know if this makes any difference.

For a while I did play on Hot Rod, in the beginning. But then one of the times I reinstalled the game I downloaded just the regular version and didn't redownload Hot Rod again. And the issues were exactly the same in the original version.

I did try playing again, but again, I just lost a few hours of work, all my food that had been cooking was spoiled and the food that had been on the counter, probably about 15k in profit would have been made, was gone and I didn't get the money.

So, that did not seem to help at all, sadly.

I'll pass this on for you...

S8 have asked that you to reach out to support. Feel free to send me your ticket number by PM and I'll add it to my report for you.