Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't connect

Banned
    It is back at the moment but I have had this happen 3 times today.

Quote Originally Posted by CinziaR94 View Post
    Me too! Just happened. I hope it's fixed soon or I'll never complete my Bakery Story 2, Restaurant 2 quests and all my clothes and food in other games will spoil!
    I'm back on...don't know what happened but all the games are working again and I didn't lose anything. I had internet just a problem with the games but ok now.. Thank u!

Executive Chef
    Elsa, if it helps, it was fine on data, but wi-fi was a problem. So I could play on the android phone, but not the iPad.

Which Reminds me, I know you advised this wi-fi issue is the internet provider and that your end is fine, but I have to say I'm not convinced yet. If it was a provider issue, surely it would NOT be only S8 games affected? I don't know about anyone else, but when this happens it is ONLY S8 games affected.

My son-in-law is a senior techo with one of our internet providers and he has assured me they do nothing to prevent access. I have now had the problem with two different internet providers in Australia.

I do think it might be at your end, even if it is one of those hard to find problems we all hate! It also makes no sense, but then I am no comms guru.
    Last edited by DeeDe99; 04-08-16 at 11:02 PM.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    Elsa, if it helps, it was fine on data, but wi-fi was a problem. So I could play on the android phone, but not the iPad.

Which Reminds me, I know you advised this wi-fi issue is the internet provider and that your end is fine, but I have to say I'm not convinced yet. If it was a provider issue, surely it would NOT be only S8 games affected? I don't know about anyone else, but when this happens it is ONLY S8 games affected.

My son-in-law is a senior techo with one of our internet providers and he has assured me they do nothing to prevent access. I have now had the problem with two different internet providers in Australia.

I do think it might be at your end, even if it is one of those hard to find problems we all hate! It also makes no sense, but then I am no comms guru.
    We're still investigating the downtime from tonight, but to clarify it is a different issue than the one you're referencing where ISPs blocked games during certain time periods.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post

My phone was on 4g data, had already turned wifi off, the only sites that were down for me was Storm 8 games!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    We're still investigating the downtime from tonight, but to clarify it is a different issue than the one you're referencing where ISPs blocked games during certain time periods.
    OK thanks Elsa, but I can say the experience from the user end is exactly the same. Not sure if that information helps or hinders. Also, in my case where I used to have the same provider for both phone and internet, I now do not - so while I had NO problems today via phone, that is on a different provider than my internet - whereas Random59 has the same provider for both.

Today I effectively had no outage at all - as soon as the iPad went, I just moved to the phone - OK, maybe that took 3 or 4 minutes as I tried a couple of games a couple of times and checked a game from another company (it was fine) - but given I am home sick, the games are keeping me amused so I was actually playing when the iPad spat the dummy. I have no "intermittency" (yes, I made that word up) as others are reporting.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    My phone was on 4g data, had already turned wifi off, the only sites that were down for me was Storm 8 games!
    It's really weird, mate, that you and I had different experiences with this. I had zero issues on the phone. Well, we do agree only Storm8 games were the problem, but that is what happens to me quite often. But only wi-fi, never on 4G.

I really do absolutely hate comms stuff - drives me nuts! LOL

Farm Supplier
    Ok I've not been able to connect to Storm8 games all morning. I thought it was my wifi so I enabled data on just Dragon Story and turned off wifi on my phone and instantly I was able to get on the game. To be sure it wasn't my router I switched data back off and then did a speed test on my phone and my wifi is great. Disabled cellular data and reopened DS and it was fine again. Castle Story was still stuck on the Loading screen so I force closed it and when I opened it connected again fine. Not sure what happened. Maybe the apps got hung up on connecting?

My ISP is Suddenlink.

Executive Chef
    No problems here at all.

My phone does this every time there is a Dragon Tales event. I haven't been able to get on the last two days.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast