Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to be successful with the monthly goals...

Executive Chef
    What I do is have 9 of each appliances so it's even. I dislike the 1 hour and 3 hour recipes as these always tend to spoil. I finish the goals within a week after being released

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LalaSmooth View Post
    What I do is have 9 of each appliances so it's even. I dislike the 1 hour and 3 hour recipes as these always tend to spoil. I finish the goals within a week after being released
    and as the OQ didn't think she could manage to build 4 or 6 appliances, your method's probably not going to be an option for her. actually, you're reinforcing the notion that the rest of us have been trying to tell her not to worry about.
    Last edited by twospoons; 02-05-16 at 12:48 PM.

I buy only what is required of the goal - no more, no less. I still finish all my goals with at least a week to spare. I see no need in wasting the extra coins on buying the extra machines. For what? Just to finish faster? You spend more on the extra machines than you would on the actual goal. If you are able to log in when the food is finished, or reasonably after, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to finish the goal with the minimum amount of machines. IMO

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by LalaSmooth View Post
    That's a lot if you're a new player who doesn't have the money to buy all those appliances. If she doesn't have really good neighbours who answer her requests and sends her parts as gifts then those extra appliances will just sit in boxes for a while taking up space and not earning money. I still say build first then buy.

I also hate the shorter timed recipes and this was one of the reasons I ended up quitting both rs and bs. I found I couldn't complete the goals because I could never come back in time to serve the one hour and two hour recipes I don't mind the 3hrs or more recipes because I at least have 6hours or more to come back in game.

Rhino Keeper
    I always buy two of each of the goal ovens, and I haven't been unable to finish the goals in quite some time, not since I've finally gotten a group of neighbors who respond to parts requests in a timely manner, and who gift the goal parts. Having responsive neighbors is key. (You can add me if you'd like.)

I think one thing to consider is how long you wish to spend on the goals. Not to knock LalaSmooth's method, because everyone should do what they enjoy, but taking a week to finish a goal would cause me to be increasingly uninterested in playing the game for the remainder of the month. Having bought two of each oven, I just finished my RS goal today and my BS goal a few days ago. So if you want to spread the goal out, or don't mind spreading the goal out, tons of ovens aren't necessary and may even be the opposite of what you want to do.

I probably would have finished my RS goal earlier, too, if I hadn't gotten mixed up and thought I'd finished that one when I finished the one for BS. But I want to point out I also had a little extra free time this month and was able to check the game more often than I normally can. I don't typically finish goals so early.

I agree that the shorter times are bothersome. If you can't check the game during the day, it lessens the time you can actually spend working on the goals.

Executive Chef
    My bad sorry I didn't fully read the question. The first appliance usually has the 1 to 3 hour recipes and that is so annoying! Goals start around 7.30pm GMT time and they forever spoil!

Executive Chef
    Finishing these goalls really DOES depend heavily on neighbors being responsive/having enough neighbors to help and to help them in return. I do tend to buy 2-3 of each appliance, both to speed things up a bit, but also to have them after it's done.
    I've been there on lower levels without money, it's really hard...but as long as you have a network, it makes things SO much easier.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 02-07-16 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Removed add me comments - use add me forum

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I appreciate ALL your comments AND your time. I have just started & am taking it slowly. I am lucky to have very responsive neighbors, helpful friends like you, read EVERYTHING I can, and most importantly- be a good neighbor to all.

Thank you so much! sadieroo24

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12