Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going to make you stop playing?

Executive Chef
    what can makes me stop at the moment is their REALLY annoying ads !
    i understand they need to put some for business but is it really needed to put it in the middle of battles ? when you are collecting crops ? when you are sending quest ?
    besides i play several s8 games so i saw them each time i open their games ! so they are getting on my nerves !
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Banned
    yeah those ads suck. I fear it will become a new way to have a gold trap. As it is the pop up at odd times and not just when you open the game. I can be playing for a while and moving around and that is when you can be a victim of a gold trap and then all of a sudden the ad pops up. Pretty lame.

Historically the 3 things that have caused me to quit other TL/S8 games for good have been:

1) losing too many gems/gold in a gem trap, and being overcome with frustration

2) an event which I put a lot of effort into, but which was impossibly hard for a full time worker

3) Lack of updates which caused the game to get boring

Hmm... At least DS has plenty of updates..

Fashion Designer
    Top frustrations are the gold traps, crashing and advertisements. I'm seriously getting sick of the last two every time I play. I generally like the events and new dragons but there's only so many annoyances I care to deal with before giving up

Rhino Keeper
    I did quit. For about two months or so. Missed the first world event (no pyramid dragon for me). My mom who plays also, asked me to just go in daily to send her gold... after I started doing that I got sucked back in hardcore mainly because of the updates. Sometimes it feels like the updates come too fast and heavy, but I enjoy it overall! Not sure what would make me full on quit currently... first time was mainly because it was boring me (think pre-events, I don't think they had battles then either, etc). Looking up the dates/times the first world event that I missed was in March and battles were way before, beta tested May 2013. But I didn't battle much before last Fall. So early last year I was playing a different app more than DS. But once the events kicked in, I got sucked in more than before.

Rhino Keeper
    NOTHING WILL MAKE ME QUIT.

signed,

Hardcore

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ericrypt View Post

signed,

Hardcore
    LOL - I must be a masochist because I can't imagine quitting either, despite the many frustrations in this game. I just wish we had room for more dragons; I have sooooo many eggs in storage and that really bothers me
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericrypt View Post

signed,

Hardcore
    hahaha AGREED!
    but what DOES frustrate me is :
    1- the impossibility of the recent tourneys, since i've been missing out on quite a few bosses despite my best efforts
    2- the impossibility of breeding the recent dragons; i used gold to speed up, used boosted breeding, still missing out on ALL the recent new ones, from past present to this deep freeze
    3- the impossibility of getting free gold to save up for a gold producing dragon, since theyre being stingy again
    4- like everyone else, the constant crashes and more than the crashes, the multitude of bombs and dynamite i loose because of it!

oh and mind you, the tales are tough, its just that its the only surefire way to get dragons, so i save food :P

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Wayne View Post
    what can makes me stop at the moment is their REALLY annoying ads !
    i understand they need to put some for business but is it really needed to put it in the middle of battles ? when you are collecting crops ? when you are sending quest ?
    besides i play several s8 games so i saw them each time i open their games ! so they are getting on my nerves !
    I must have a special app. I NEVER get ads. All I get are the game notifications when I sign in. And then only after the update and the second time (usually reminders). What are these ads about/for?

The fact there are no ads is one of the things I love about it.

To expensive (cash grab), to many fails in breeding, not being able to send more than 3 gold, no other options for getting gold, dragons and habits too expensive 2000 gold for a dragon is a total rip off. And harvesting food to costly for [] return.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 02-06-16 at 02:21 PM. Reason: inappropriate word

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast