Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Onyx or Tiger's Eye

Executive Chef
    Yeah, I just crafted a Tiger's Eye too after I got two large black gems. I wasn't planning on going for Onyx at all but as you all say it's good for the arena, guess I'll go for it. Will take a while to get the large black gems again though.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by saghaven View Post
    Yeah, I just crafted a Tiger's Eye too after I got two large black gems. I wasn't planning on going for Onyx at all but as you all say it's good for the arena, guess I'll go for it. Will take a while to get the large black gems again though.
    Saghaven, you battle don't you? The Groom could provide a large onyx.... or two, depending on how long he hangs around.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    Saghaven, you battle don't you? The Groom could provide a large onyx.... or two, depending on how long he hangs around.
    4 weeks. supposed you battled lot ! XD
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Nightclub Owner
    While trying (desperately but unsuccessfully) for Daydreamer I got about 4 Midnight fails and 1 Night fail. I used Aether & Night and Beast & Glitter. That's how I was able to get several Black fails to trade
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    I do battle actually. I've got some things I could trade that would get me large black gems. Just thinking of what I'm willing to give up. I could give up a champ or two (I've got 13 of them).

Nightclub Owner
    IDK saghaven, I wouldn't ever trade a Champ unless I had a duplicate. But that's just me
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Executive Chef
    I do battle actually. I've got some things I could trade that would get me large black gems. Just thinking of what I'm willing to give up. I could give up a champ or two (I've got 13 of them).
    i wouldn't never trade my champions unless it is a duplicate.
    in the past, we had champ in craft house. may be there would be again. then you can battle for 2 and trade 1. that's how i got my large black gem. but you can battle now for 2 groom Dragons : since it is super rare black-white, you got 1 large black gem.
    you can also got super rare hybrid black from the mine : i crafted 2 magma (super rare black-red)
    there is also breeding option : i got 1 raven (super rare black) from spin wheel and it bred me another raven (that i trade quickly )
    with a little patience, you have many options to get large black gems
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Executive Chef
    I'm kinda with the others on this - I wouldn't trade a Champ either. Despite the fact I DO wonder how many do I actually need! With the black-splitting bug not yet fixed, they aren't much good for breeding and how many Champions does one island need? I don't know - darn difficult decision.

Fashion Designer
    Onyx gems will come if you wait, just be patient. Don't trade a dragon you may regret down the line. While it's true we only really need a couple f champs, I believe that most of them have collected them fir the sheer collection value. I completed my final black gems with a cursed rose trade and started playing less than a heatproof ago. My first event was the Sweet Birthday event. I have all the gemstones except Quartz and I could get it if I were to trade off one of my super rares or if I were really patient and evolved all the virtues I bred! However, I am just waiting to greed a duplicate kit sine or another twilight or whatnot. It's not That important as much as I want to have it. The same goes with the other gemstones, they come in time but no need to rush them! I have already given my opinion on order of importance with the blacks, but for the record will state it again. I would go Jade, Onyx, Tigers Eye or possibly Onyx first. It depends on if you have back Pearl, if not you will need onyx a lot of the time. The recent tournament there was a case where jade worked but Black Pearl was likely better being a super Rare. I imagine Jade and Onyx were on par. I don't think Tigers Eye was usable due to the yellow element. In truth, I have only ever found one use for mine and that was against pink/reds so it's mainly a decorative dragon!

Diamonds: Helios, Angel (11), Crusader, Quetzel, Prime Eternal, Achilles, Prism, Gold, Mercury - all level 10. Glimmer (9), Astromancer (7), Blk Diamond (7), Crown Jewel (9), and Unicorn (13)
    Diamond, Infinity, and Valiant at level 15

4 Prime Dragons, Eternal (10), Chroma (10), Arcane (10), Power (8), Dark Prime Chrono (10)
    Champions: total of 22 all at 9 or Epic, Glasswing at 13, three at fifteen
    All 18 Arctics epic

No longer accepting DragonStory Neighbors, sorry

Executive Chef
    Amerirish, I went Onyx. Crafting now. What did you decide?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast