Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who would be a game developer?

Executive Chef
    I did fiddle about with FFS for a while, Niire, but I just really enjoy DS and that's about it for me. I've been TRYING to like Castle Story, but the whole energy thing turns me off. Different games suit different people, there is no doubt. I never won a tournament in FFS - but then I also was only fiddling, DS I play seriously, spreadsheets and everything! Keeps the brain active. I thought the last Tales, with three levels of difficulty, was a good enhancement.

Someone once suggested having choices for the Tournaments, so you could chose a hard, medium or easy path and the ultimate prize would be commensurate with the level of difficulty and once the player chose a path they couldn't change in that tournament. I like the concept and it could probably be applied to the Tales as well really. Then those who have work commitments etc could opt for a lower level of difficulty even if they were level 180 or whatever and still participate.

I think many of us (raising my hand as I am one of these people) feel compelled to do everything on offer: the Tournaments, the Tales, the World Events - when probably we should choose: "I'll do this Tournament, but not the next Tales" sort of thing. He he he - I'll probably keep trying to do it all - I want the dragons! LOL

Congrats on your Knitten Kitten - I have no idea what it is, but I know the feeling - like when I FINALLY got Infinity!

Executive Chef
    I am currently using a spreadsheet someone else did, but I am the same way about DS! I love it, it's my fave Storm8 game, and I try to do everything too. I love the idea of harder stuff, but I am afraid if they did that with tourneys, they'd end up putting the dragon prize on the hardest one only, which, while I've been able to complete all of them since the fire giant one, I'd be afraid of not being able to complete the hardest ones if they did that. Hopefully that made sense. >< The way they did the last tales was a really great way to do them, and I hope they continue to do that though.

LOL, I play Castle Story too. It's hard with the energy thing at lower levels, but when you max it out leveling up, it seems quite a bit easier. You can log on once in awhile, do stuff quickly, then exit. I like keeping my brain occupied too, I think that's why I don't mind swapping about.

PS...Knitten Kitten is this adorable little white kitten wearing a sweater, but the whole animal looks knitted. Been trying since it came out for it, lol! Her name shall be katsu...my sister has a deaf cat that's pure white named that (not that a name for the real kitty matters since she can't hear! i am terrible I know...)

Executive Chef
    You have a point re the prize dragon, but there are many possibilities. The hard path could be dragon plus gold or food (a goodly amount of food) or the dragons could be different, say super rare for the lower levels and an Ultra for the hardest pathway. I don't know, but the experts in game design should be able to come up with something! Hard path gets the prize plus can choose an expired dragon to the value of ?? Gold is a possibilty that carries minimal additional cost for the company.

Bed time for me. Great conversation! Night!

Executive Chef
    Night! Sleep well! And ya, thanks for the convo!

Executive Chef
    The thing is, when you put yourself out there with your thoughts about almost everything all the time and say how you feel all the time and then quote everyone's frustrations it does come across NOT funny. To me. I found it opposite of funny & bordering insulting. When folks post things they don't expect to have such a post mocking their words.
    I'm not attacking anyone. Just how I feel.
    I just think maybe letting all have their feelings without comments and insets and quotes would make me enjoy this place more and feel safe to post without stress, as I once did. Again just me.
    That's all I have to say, I won't be responding to anything negative.

Cheers,
    Jen

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jjblueyes View Post
    The thing is, when you put yourself out there with your thoughts about almost everything all the time and say how you feel all the time and then quote everyone's frustrations it does come across NOT funny. To me. I found it opposite of funny & bordering insulting. When folks post things they don't expect to have such a post mocking their words.
    I'm not attacking anyone. Just how I feel.
    I just think maybe letting all have their feelings without comments and insets and quotes would make me enjoy this place more and feel safe to post without stress, as I once did. Again just me.
    That's all I have to say, I won't be responding to anything negative.

Cheers,
    Jen
    I agree with you Jen, IMHO.
    Last edited by VermillionPT2; 01-26-16 at 09:48 AM.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Closed due to undue discontent. Please familiarize with the forum rules and policies. We have provided information below on how to report disputes with other forum members.

Disputes With Others:
    If you object to any content posted by another user, and/or would like to report another user of violations of the forum rules, please do one of the following:

Send a Private Message to a Community Manager
    Send a Private Message to a Player Moderator
    Post in the Forum Disputes section

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12