Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wall comments - help a newbie, please

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagger517 View Post
    I'm not battling yet (only Level 22, plus I'm on Android so will I even be able to battle at all?)
    Yes, you'll be able to battle soon. You need to be level 30 and then your Battle Arena will appear. And at level 32 you'll be able to join the tournaments
    Active Dragon Story player.
    ID: hiabarara

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagger517 View Post
    I'm not battling yet (only Level 22, plus I'm on Android so will I even be able to battle at all?) but I've had excellent luck with breeding and my social rating was at the top, so maybe they really are connected?

Examples: I thought I needed a Genie for this Tales, so I put Magic and Air together and boom, Genie on first try! And I when I had to breed Forest, I put him with Water (hoping for an Island) and got a Gemstone... which I had to sell cuz I can't afford the habitat But still, amazing breeding results!

... Wait, is S8 trying to suck me into this game by making it easy and rewarding at first? Those sneaky so-and-so's!
    Yes! LOL! They are! J/k - lol... well, they could be...

Some dragons are easier to breed (Common dragons like Genie), and others are easier to breed before you reach a certain level (more and more dragons become available to you as you level up in the game & all available dragons will be available to you when you reach level 40).

My advice - Try to breed a diamond right away. Had I known it would be easier to breed when I first started playing the game, I wouldn't have waited so long. I didn't think getting a diamond was a big deal when I first started playing, but I quickly found out that I was wrong. Of course by then it was too late, and I couldn't breed one to save my life. I did finally get one, but it was MUCH much later. Some of my neighbors at level 150 and up don't even have one!

In case you don't know - any four colors will do to get you a diamond. And I'm sorry to hear about your gemstone! I know many who got one early on like you did and had to sell, or wait for several weeks to save up enough for the habitat. Don't worry - you'll get one again one day.

Executive Chef
    Agree many times over with BlackenedDove. I got my Diamond at Level 28, been well worth it!

Executive Chef
    Agreed. I didn't bother with Diamond until I was lvl 120 or so, and I never bred a Diamond (bought my first one for real money, after that it's easy). A friend of mine got one while he was lvl 25 or so.

So start going for it as soon as you can. It's gonna be a great help, also while batteling, and worth the wait, while you save money for the habitat.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm puzzled: what's the big deal about a Diamond?

Executive Chef
    Diamond dragons are ultra rare. This means they are very good fighters in the arena, best fighters against Champion-types, along with Passion and 1 other. Against a lvl 20 Champion only those have a fighting chance, all others don't, or atleast, no more chance than a lvl 1 Fire dragon, even if they're lvl 15.

That's the main reason they are good.

Executive Chef
    Breeding two Diamonds together can also get you your first of many types, such as Dino, Zodiac and so on. So good for breeding too.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post
    Diamond dragons are ultra rare. This means they are very good fighters in the arena, best fighters against Champion-types, along with Passion and 1 other. Against a lvl 20 Champion only those have a fighting chance, all others don't, or atleast, no more chance than a lvl 1 Fire dragon, even if they're lvl 15.

That's the main reason they are good.
    Well, at least in theory. I bought my first Diamond (Prime Eternal) a couple weeks ago and he doesn't seem to be any better than my other dragons. The same goes for all my Champions. My simple Dragon Tales dragons (Maple and Banshee) win basically every tournament on their own. I'm not sure if the two levels make such a huge difference or if the whole winning chance is nonsense. (Of course there's also the theory that tournaments have different winning chances.)

So yeah, in theory Diamonds should be incredibly awesome fighters, but reality doesn't always agree with it
    Active Dragon Story player.
    ID: hiabarara

Executive Chef
    Hiabarara, Prime Eternal is a hybrid though, so you have to watch the black when it is weak.

I will add my Ms Diamond wasn't much of a fighter until I got her to 15. I was wondering what all the hype was about frankly. Now she's pretty awesome.

Nightclub Owner
    Just wanted to make one comment regarding inactive players: I never, ever read my wall so I guess I could be considered 'inactive' to some of my neighbors but nothing could be farther from the truth! I am in this game all day, everyday. I don't collect coins regularly either as I have about 92 million right now. I am very quick to respond to request though (maps, lotus flowers, etc) and I send gold to three neighbors daily.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast