Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breeding Roost vs Diamond Temple

Question Breeding Roost vs Diamond Temple

Hi,
    I'm fairly new to Dragon Story (level 32) and to these forums so I could use a little help! Could someone please explain the difference between The Breeding Roost and The Diamond Temple? All I can find is that the Diamond Temple is only for 7 days and that the Breeding Roost unlocks at level 40, but do they bother do the same thing? Is the Breeding Roost something that costs gold and you can use forever or does it cost gold each time you use it?
    Thanks for all help,
    ~Kat

Nightclub Owner
    Welcome to the game & the forum

The Breeding Roost is another breeding den that costs 100 gold to activate for 7 days. The Diamond Temple also costs 100 gold to activate for 7 days but what it does is increase your odds at breeding a Diamond or Diamond Hybrid.

Personally, I have the Breeding Roost and use it when there are limited dragons that I really want or if I get a very long time fail. I do not have the Diamond Temple and have read some players say they regret buying it because their results don't seem to be affected at all.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    Welcome to the game & the forum

The Breeding Roost is another breeding den that costs 100 gold to activate for 7 days. The Diamond Temple also costs 100 gold to activate for 7 days but what it does is increase your odds at breeding a Diamond or Diamond Hybrid.

Personally, I have the Breeding Roost and use it when there are limited dragons that I really want or if I get a very long time fail. I do not have the Diamond Temple and have read some players say they regret buying it because their results don't seem to be affected at all.
    Thanks! So what would happen if you get the Breeding Roost and then buy the Diamond Temple a few minutes later, would both the Breeding Roost and your regular breeding den have the increased odds at getting a diamond dragon?

And what about using the videos to reduce breeding time? I know a couple people that can watch videos each day to reduce breeding time, will this work with the Breeding Roost?

Nightclub Owner
    I think that the Roost & the Temple are completely separate so, sure you could use them at the same time. The Temple is the only way to 'influence' your breeding results so the Roost doesn't have any affect on what you get as a result of breeding.

As for the videos, sorry but I can't answer that (but it's a darn good question) because I don't have that feature even though I'm on ios

ETA: Just caught on to what you mean about the Temple affecting both of your breeding dens. I don't know because I don't have the Temple so maybe someone else can chime in
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post

As for the videos, sorry but I can't answer that (but it's a darn good question) because I don't have that feature even though I'm on ios

ETA: Just caught on to what you mean about the Temple affecting both of your breeding dens. I don't know because I don't have the Temple so maybe someone else can chime in
    The video shortens time for breeding roost, spa and farms and is very useful , I'm one if the lucky ones on iOS who has videos most days can't answer for diamond temple as I do not have one...... Enjoy yourself as you progress, it's fun
    Pern magic L200 dragons623+
    Champs, Valiant L15 Rainbow Sentinel L 15, Guilded knight, Spirit Warrior, Highlander L15, Inquisitor, Sharman, Guardian Angel L12 , Warrior King ,Warrior princess, Chariot, warrior Prince + others
    Diamond hybrids, Diamond, Valiant, Angel, Crusader, Helios , Quentzal , Gold, astromancer, Mercury , Infinity, Unicorn ,Prism, Dark Angel, Black diamond and others
    Gold producing 10 L10

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeridian View Post
    Thanks! So what would happen if you get the Breeding Roost and then buy the Diamond Temple a few minutes later, would both the Breeding Roost and your regular breeding den have the increased odds at getting a diamond dragon?

And what about using the videos to reduce breeding time? I know a couple people that can watch videos each day to reduce breeding time, will this work with the Breeding Roost?
    Hi! I don't have a breeding roost or a diamond temple, but I have quite a few neighbors who have both. I have noticed that many will activate the Diamond temple and then breed for diamond hybrids exclusively on both their Breeding Den and Breeding Roost. Many of them have multiple duplicates of hard to breed diamond hybrids and swear by their Diamond Temple as the cause for their success. I have also heard that the extra breeding roost comes in handy whenever S8 decided to do a free boosted breeding weekend.

If you have the gold and really want to, I say go for it! Just remember that once they are active they only last for 7 days. After that, you have to pay however much gold it says for each one to re-activate them again for an additional 7 days. This is the main reason I don't have either, I can't see myself using them very often because I'm usually gold-poor. Of course I may change my mind in the future (if I get bored of not having diamond hybrids lol), but I kinda doubt it.

They also take up room on the island that could be used for habitats. I don't believe they can be sold (someone else can chime in on this)

As for the videos, the ones on my island only gift me with 100 apples for each one I watch, so I stopped watching them. I wish I did get reduced breeding time! That would be nice.

Good luck with your decision and have fun with the game!

Edited: Gold amount due to DeeDe99's post below based on player experience with Diamond Temple.
    Last edited by blackeneddove; 01-13-16 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Edited "hearsay" info that I clearly know nothing about because of lack of experience :D
    **Full-time DS junkie since 2014, working to make her dragon dreams come true.**

Diamonds: Diamond, Infinity, Crusader, Gold, Quetzal & All Arctic Diamonds
    Champions: 13 total, 4 epic, 1 max level
    Player Level: 171
    *Newest bred dragons: Super (6.14.16) & Iris (6.11.16 - boosted)

Dragons are so fun!
    Dragons are so fun!
    Now it's time to hatch an egg
    and see what we have done...

Executive Chef
    Hi TheMeridian. I have the Diamond Temple and it costs me 300 gold to recharge for 7 days. I haven't recharged it yet, but I plan to when there is a bit of a lull in other activity.

I also wrote a post about using the Diamond Temple you may fine interesting - or not!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pernmagic View Post
    The video shortens time for breeding roost, spa and farms and is very useful , I'm one if the lucky ones on iOS who has videos most days can't answer for diamond temple as I do not have one...... Enjoy yourself as you progress, it's fun
    Very sorry misread about breeding roost I don't have one but videos work on the others nest spa farms etc my mistake
    Pern magic L200 dragons623+
    Champs, Valiant L15 Rainbow Sentinel L 15, Guilded knight, Spirit Warrior, Highlander L15, Inquisitor, Sharman, Guardian Angel L12 , Warrior King ,Warrior princess, Chariot, warrior Prince + others
    Diamond hybrids, Diamond, Valiant, Angel, Crusader, Helios , Quentzal , Gold, astromancer, Mercury , Infinity, Unicorn ,Prism, Dark Angel, Black diamond and others
    Gold producing 10 L10

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by blackeneddove View Post
    Hi! I don't have a breeding roost or a diamond temple, but I have quite a few neighbors who have both. I have noticed that many will activate the Diamond temple and then breed for diamond hybrids exclusively on both their Breeding Den and Breeding Roost. Many of them have multiple duplicates of hard to breed diamond hybrids and swear by their Diamond Temple as the cause for their success. I have also heard that the extra breeding roost comes in handy whenever S8 decided to do a free boosted breeding weekend.

If you have the gold and really want to, I say go for it! Just remember that once they are active they only last for 7 days. After that, you have to pay however much gold it says for each one to re-activate them again for an additional 7 days. This is the main reason I don't have either, I can't see myself using them very often because I'm usually gold-poor. Of course I may change my mind in the future (if I get bored of not having diamond hybrids lol), but I kinda doubt it.

They also take up room on the island that could be used for habitats. I don't believe they can be sold (someone else can chime in on this)

As for the videos, the ones on my island only gift me with 100 apples for each one I watch, so I stopped watching them. I wish I did get reduced breeding time! That would be nice.

Good luck with your decision and have fun with the game!

Edited: Gold amount due to DeeDe99's post below based on player experience with Diamond Temple.
    The videos if you click free gift say you can watch a video for 100 apples but if you click on your farms or breeding den or healing spa while you have videos available you will see -1 hour in the bottom right hand corner. You can then watch a video to minus an hour on which ever you choose. Be it breeding den, quest, healing spa or farm. Try it next time!

Executive Chef
    I just checked based on BlackenededDove's query re selling and I can sell the Diamond Temple. The Breeding Roost I don't know, as I don't have one to check.
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast