Thread: Does anyone know if/when Android will get Artic Isles?

Does anyone know if/when Android will get Artic Isles?

I'm sure this is a topic that gets brought up by many newer players when they come to the forums, and I'm sure the vets get tired of answering it, but I couldn't find any topic on it going back as far as 5 pages, so figured I'd be easier to just go ahead and post and hopefully not tick anyone off.

Just wondering if Storm8 has any plans on ever bringing the Artic Isles to Android, I've read up about it a fair amount, and it seems like it's a fairly amazing addition to the game, and honestly even if they brought it as a pay to play function, as long as it wasn't to much I'd probably be willing to do so to unlock it.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf99 View Post
    I'm sure this is a topic that gets brought up by many newer players when they come to the forums, and I'm sure the vets get tired of answering it, but I couldn't find any topic on it going back as far as 5 pages, so figured I'd be easier to just go ahead and post and hopefully not tick anyone off.

Just wondering if Storm8 has any plans on ever bringing the Artic Isles to Android, I've read up about it a fair amount, and it seems like it's a fairly amazing addition to the game, and honestly even if they brought it as a pay to play function, as long as it wasn't to much I'd probably be willing to do so to unlock it.
    I have no idea when it will come to android. What I do know is that it is very expensive. I recommend everyone wait until they have lots of coins before starting Arctic Isles. Even then, you'll work the coins down pretty quickly if you aren't a high level player collecting from your habitats regularly.
    Dragon Story level 200 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Fantasy Forest Story level 200
    622 unique dragons hatched . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 342 unique animals hatched
    428 dragons at level 10 or higher . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 154 animals at level 15

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf99 View Post

I believe it's a possibility since we've recently received the ability to travel to IOS users' islands. But no one knows when this may happen.

Fashion Designer
    Idk if they will get it, (for those who want it - I hope they do!) but I will say it is over-hyped IMO so they aren't missing much. It costs a fortune to do anything (level dragons, habitats, etc.) and it feels very limiting in what you can do (slow to hatch eggs & it's a pain in the butt). Plus mine is FULL of bugs (can't see egg designs anymore, something wrong with the flame-crafting part, etc.) I haven't reported them because I feel that it's a waste of time to even do so as they aren't adding any new dragons there, so they probably wouldn't see fixing those bugs as high-priority. Plus you can't use arctic dragons to battle. YET - you can still face them in arena, which I do quite often & they are extremely tough opponents. I got stuck on a Cave dragon for the end of this last Dragon Tale for nearly 2 days & didn't finish because of him. Oh well.

This is just my opinion though. I really wanted to like the Arctic Isles because I've seen many players who have all the dragons & have released the final dragon (which is super cool to see flying around), but to me it just isn't worth all the hassle anymore.

Now I only go there and breed stuff when I'm extremelybored & usually only during boosted breeding. Not that it's helped me to get any new dragons.

Rhino Keeper
    Agreed with Blackeneddove.
    I used to play on IOS and the Artic Isle was a novelty that wore off really quickly due to the expensive costs and hopeless breeding. And I avoid to go there but sometimes you'll accidentally 'click' on the icon which brings you to the Artic Isle wasting alot of time.
    So now that I'm playing on Android, I very happy that the Artic Isle is NOT here!

Rhino Keeper
    Personally do not want Artic Isle for Android. Keep it away like the plague.

Rhino Keeper
    I was so excited when I first got my iPad, my first iOS device, to see this new world I had never even known existed so I went there immediately. However I very soon realized that it was a complete waste of time and coins!! You can breed some cool dragons maybe I sure couldn't BUT the habitats cost coins but the dragons don't make coins they make oil that you need for hatching new dragons BUT the silo holds very little oil or crafted flames. You can upgrade the silo of course but for gold AND you can't battle with them! So in my opinion believe you aren't missing anything. I never go to it anymore except when I accidentally hit the little flying ship. Just my opinion

Fashion Designer
    I have got nine dragons hatched so now a matter of getting them fed. If they do more work which I hope they do someday, I will be really glad that I went to the trouble of doing t his. My main objective at this point has simply been for levelling. Yes it has been expensive but I could afford the habitats no problem and you are only allowed two of each anyhow. The most expensive part for. E is the feeding and since I'm still only a millionaire pesos, when I have less than 30 million I just do not feed the arctics. I have four left to finish the goal although would like to do them all but that is the **** part of me.

For some reason I've hit the finish button there twice by accident and have never fallen into that trap on the main island.

Diamonds: Helios, Angel (11), Crusader, Quetzel, Prime Eternal, Achilles, Prism, Gold, Mercury - all level 10. Glimmer (9), Astromancer (7), Blk Diamond (7), Crown Jewel (9), and Unicorn (13)
    Diamond, Infinity, and Valiant at level 15

4 Prime Dragons, Eternal (10), Chroma (10), Arcane (10), Power (8), Dark Prime Chrono (10)
    Champions: total of 22 all at 9 or Epic, Glasswing at 13, three at fifteen
    All 18 Arctics epic

No longer accepting DragonStory Neighbors, sorry