Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Best Gold dragon to buy

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeChefDad View Post
    I bet they will give another terrace tomorrow, but lets see.
    I don't think that they will give another terrace. All the dragons remain 10, which fit to the limited 5 terraces.
    Perhaps, the terraces will cost less tomorrow, but we don't know for sure.
    According to the history of the game, they will give a new terrace, when they give a new Gold Dragon, the 11th one.

Fashion Designer
    Sterling Silver and Stainedglass will be roaming my island tomorrow, Treasure will have to wait for another day since it would wipe out the last of my gold and I'm ok with that. Choices

Since I will only buy gold when I have a gold sale I want to have enough gold if there is anything on sale @ Christmas that I need/want.

Fashion Designer
    I hope there is a gold sale so I can buy one tomorrow...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyaa7 View Post
    I hope there is a gold sale so I can buy one tomorrow...
    I hope you have a gold sale, it's odd how some get more sales than others. No rhyme or reason as far as I can tell why sales happen every week for some and almost never for others. I've spent money on multiple S8 games over the years and in some games everyone had the same sales, but DS not so much

Rhino Keeper
    Need advice guys.... I am lvl55 I have enough gold for my first dragon.... I can afford 2 more if I am willing to buy gold But the 8mill habitat is really not $$$ well spend...

It is too hard for me to get 8million in time... My income even if I dun plant anything, stop expansion, dun do battles maybe for straight 3 weeks or 1month I get around that figure... I am not even close to 2million or 1.5mill atm...

It is pretty stupid to buy gold to get 10million silver from market it cost me 1000gold even more expensive than the discount gold dragon... I could afford my first gold dragon or maybe spend gold to get 3total but that means I need additional 2k gold just for their habitat...

I have 2nest seriously I dun intend to get 3nest it is not fully utilise if I get the 3rd nest... If I store 1 nest with gold dragon it is like parking it for 1month lol

Any advice?? Tks in advance

Executive Chef
    Hi Devlinholics, no real advice from me on this one. I don't think I could have done it at level 55. Remember you don't have to have the habitat straight away, but having an egg sitting on your nest for a month would be difficult.

What I would do is this. I'd wait and see if the habitats are on sale as well. There is talk they went for 2 million last year, but may not be that low this year based on the price comparison of other items. One habitat would allow you to get two gold dragons. If you had 250 gold for 5 million coins (assuming the habitat is reduced to 5 million coins or less) then it would be worthwhile I think. The habitat only takes 2 dragons, not 3.

If the habitats aren't on sale, then maybe you have to wait until you are a little higher level and can accumulate the coins. It won't take long, you will get there quickly. Maybe by Christmas and there has also been talk of gold dragons on sale at CHristmas, so maybe you aim for that?

Executive Chef
    OK, I'm set. Now just waiting for the sale to happen.

Well, ALMOST set - I have a second Knight dragon about to need a nest, which was not my plan at all. Night Imp will hatch before I need nests, so I will have two nests free and will have to decide whether to speed up the Knight incubation if I want to third.

Despite being level 103, like Devlinholics above, I have a habitat problem though. I have 8,609,195 coins and if I buy two or three gold dragons I will need a second Treasure Terrace. If I have to pay 8 million coins, I will be BROKE! Expansions cost me an arm and a leg now, let alone those darn trees that cost 800,000 to clear after the expansion. Decisions, decisions.

I could just buy 1 dragon now and hope for more on sale at Christmas time, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

All I have to do is make a darn decision!!

Quote Originally Posted by hiabarara View Post
    Yes, 5 of those habitats is the maximum. And the reason for that is probably that they don't want you to get this gold too easily. With all 10 Gold dragons you could get 50 gold a day and apparently they don't like that
    Yes, but how much gold do you need to spend to get those 10 dragons to earn that 50 gold/day? Even if you get ALL 10 at 800 gold/each, that's 8000 gold. Just to break even, you would have to collect from all 5 habitats twice a day, since they max out at 5 gold/day, for 160 days.

You would think that S8 would want you to buy as many gold dragons as you want/can, which means unlimited gold habitats...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffm1179 View Post
    Yes, but how much gold do you need to spend to get those 10 dragons to earn that 50 gold/day? Even if you get ALL 10 at 800 gold/each, that's 8000 gold. Just to break even, you would have to collect from all 5 habitats twice a day, since they max out at 5 gold/day, for 160 days.

You would think that S8 would want you to buy as many gold dragons as you want/can, which means unlimited gold habitats...
    One thing I do not like is you cannot get the second gold dragon lol, I accept that we can only have 10x gold dragon... But seriously I would like all 10x forbidden breeding instead of 10x different gold dragons

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffm1179 View Post
    There has to be a limit because allowing players to have gold producing dragons cuts their future revenue stream from those players, yet the costs of providing the game to those same players continues unabated into the future. No business plans to go out of business.

I think the gold dragons are a nice "thank you" to long term players as they never have to buy gold again. 160 days is a pretty good break even really. After all, there is little else we buy in life, especially entertainment related, that pays for itself at all. Not that we can turn unused gold into real dollars, but it does mean we can utilise the features never paying another cent of real money.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast