Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Three annoying messages - I have a hypothesis

Executive Chef

Lightbulb Three annoying messages - I have a hypothesis

You know those three annoying messages we don't understand that we sometimes get?

The one when we give gold and it says we've already sent a gift to a neighbour today and we haven't

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-08-31-17-09-45_resized.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	26355

The one when we request maps and it says request sent but one of your neighbours didn't get it because you sent them a request earlier today

Name:	Request.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	26356

I think the first occurs when a late map request comes in and we accept that request then try to send gold later to the same person without realising we have already sent them a "gift".

I think the second error occurs when neighbours receive a late request from us and responds on the same day we send a new request - the system counts them as having received the old request that day, as in my other map testing thread where a neighbour got my request 22 hours later on the next DS day.

Just throwing these thoughts out there for consideration and perhaps as something to watch for. I can't prove it, but the hypothesis fits my experience.

The third one, shown below, received when trying to send gold to three neighbours at once from the Neighbour list screen, I have only a very theoretical explanation for, I just workaround it.

Name:	Screenshot_2015-08-31-17-09-26_resized.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	26357

To avoid this I only ever send gold from the News Feed screen at reset time which means I do it before any other action like responding to map requests - but I also think this may be tied in with maps as well, it just isn't clear to me. In the early days when I sent gold from the neighbour list, after I'd responded to map requests, I got this a lot.

The system probably is working correctly, but the messages on the user interface need enhancing so the situation is made clear to the users.
    Last edited by DeeDe99; 11-25-15 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Added clarity
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Rhino Keeper
    Messages about the apps on strom8 are really annoying also. But they are needed for one thing. To make sure enough people buy them. But I think already enough people bought them. But recent update have to be spread also.
    Storm 8!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 214sed View Post
    Messages about the apps on strom8 are really annoying also. But they are needed for one thing. To make sure enough people buy them. But I think already enough people bought them. But recent update have to be spread also.
    Do you mean pop-ups advertising other games? I don't get them, so I can't comment.

Rhino Keeper
    Solution: just buy the other Strom 8 games. Then, they wont come up at all. That's the end of your adds.
    Storm 8!

I cannot STAND the gold error message. I get paranoid that the gold that I send out isn't being received

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by feonalily View Post
    I cannot STAND the gold error message. I get paranoid that the gold that I send out isn't being received
    I can't either Feonalily. I had a very LONG dialogue with Support over it late August/early September. If it IS tied in with the maps, it explains why Support say it is working properly. I believe the message needs rewording to make clear the exact situation. As it is, it is confusing at the very least.

Rhino Keeper
    First and foremost, as someone with multiple accounts, I can help you rest easy and let you know that your gifts are sent properly as are your requests, even when that message shows up. Every account you clicked on will still get the gold you sent and the maps you request. I have tested this many times with more than 25 accounts(only 20 at a single time, of course).

Even if they have answered your old request(from the previous day), your new request for that day will still be processed and sit on the server in queue. They will get it the next day.(but for some reason, sometimes only after they have sent at least one gift. I have no explanation for that part. It doesn't matter if you've visited another neighbor or are loading it for the first time. You will have no requests and then you send a gift and the request shows up. I've noticed this behaviour across several S8/TL games)

I used to have this happen, and I found that if I click on 3 names, then exit the gift/request screen and go back in and select the lick normal I can avoid this entirely every time, personally...

Executive Chef
    If I tick off a neighbors name then untick it it still registers as one of three gifts so I can't send to three. What I do is exit the list and start again. Ooh hard to verbalise it.

Executive Chef
    Thanks for your input D_Raho, but I think I'm lost. I've read it twice and I still don't get it. No doubt makes perfect sense to you because you know where you are coming from, but I'm lost. Sorry.

Your last paragraph I got! I never tried exiting and going back in and clicking three again - what I did try was send two, exit and then go back in and send one - and that always worked and eliminated the third error above. But I don't use that screen to send gold at all any more, too frustrating/fiddly.

Rhino Keeper
    Nope! Sorry. I have no clue what I was trying to say or even talking about in the middle, there. I wrote up several responses to this topic over the course of 2-3 hours but kept getting distracted and called away for other things and starting over each time. The final post is an amalgamation of a few different posts smashed together and I have no idea what I was talking about.

Sorry to anyone else that tried to make sense of that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast