Thread: Crates

Rhino Keeper

Crates

I was wondering if anyone can fill me in on the crates. How do they work?

ETA: sorry the title was suppose to say crates.

edit(KP)- Edited Title!
    Last edited by kooky panda; 11-24-15 at 10:28 AM.

Executive Chef
    No worries

Crates are the story land version of gambling. You pay 24 gems to open one, and you get one of the possible prizes. Master box thread shows you the possibilities: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....aster-Box-List . That's the gamble--you don't know which of the prizes you'll get. If you open a single crate multiple times, you may get the same prize several times. And while some of the prizes are fabulous, some are tiny and are the kind of thing you'd never even spend 4 gems on, much less 24. And of course, you have a much better shot at winning one of the small 4th place prizes than the large 1st place prize. (1% chance at winning main prize, 10% for second, I forgot the rest)

So it's up to you what level of risk you can live with. Personally, I open boxes, but only the ones where I actually like 90% of the prizes will I buy multiple times. The ones where I like half the prizes I might try once or twice, but then I give up. If there's a box where the only thing you want is the main prize, I wouldn't risk it.

And frankly, I wouldn't try any this week. Black Friday often includes box prizes for individual sale, no gambling required, so wait and see what that sale has first, and if you don't like any of it, then your gems are still there to buy crates with.
    Last edited by twospoons; 11-24-15 at 06:31 AM.
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!