Thread: Question about gold producing dragons

Question about gold producing dragons

I have several gold producing dragons. Now, assuming that the dragons produce one gold (at level 10) 5 times per day, that means a new gold every 4-5 hours. My question is this: if I collect my gold when the counter reads 3 gold but I'm collecting it 3 hours into it's "cycle" does the clock "reset" meaning I lost the 3 hours after it cycled up to 3 or does the timer continue and I only have to wait another hour or two before the next gold cycles in?

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    When you collect Gold, you'll need to wait for Gold to accumulate again to collect more. The Treasure Terrace isn't able to save fractions of Gold.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by justinbieber4444 View Post
    I have several gold producing dragons. Now, assuming that the dragons produce one gold (at level 10) 5 times per day, that means a new gold every 4-5 hours. My question is this: if I collect my gold when the counter reads 3 gold but I'm collecting it 3 hours into it's "cycle" does the clock "reset" meaning I lost the 3 hours after it cycled up to 3 or does the timer continue and I only have to wait another hour or two before the next gold cycles in?
    Elsa is right. That's why most raise their gold dragons to lvl 10 then collect once a day or some variation of that depending on how many dragons you have in each habitat.

Me myself I have 6 gold dragons so I collect 5 gold from one treasure terrace once every 12hrs plus one minute and 5 gold from the rest once every 24hrs plus one minute
    Last edited by stashlova; 11-16-15 at 02:16 PM.

Executive Chef
    Stashlova, I understand about the timer, but over time the plus one minute must send you into the middle of the night. What do you do then? I've been thinking of just biting the bullet one day and deliberately resetting the timers by collecting out of sequence when the time becomes and issue.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    Stashlova, I understand about the timer, but over time the plus one minute must send you into the middle of the night. What do you do then? I've been thinking of just biting the bullet one day and deliberately resetting the timers by collecting out of sequence when the time becomes and issue.
    Yes .... Occasionally I do that I reset even though I may lose some gold if it does not fit into day routine then it works normally as 24+ 1 min, hope that helps .
    Pern magic L200 dragons623+
    Champs, Valiant L15 Rainbow Sentinel L 15, Guilded knight, Spirit Warrior, Highlander L15, Inquisitor, Sharman, Guardian Angel L12 , Warrior King ,Warrior princess, Chariot, warrior Prince + others
    Diamond hybrids, Diamond, Valiant, Angel, Crusader, Helios , Quentzal , Gold, astromancer, Mercury , Infinity, Unicorn ,Prism, Dark Angel, Black diamond and others
    Gold producing 10 L10

Executive Chef
    Thanks Pernmagic. I figured a minute's creep each day is over an hour every two months, so it must become an issue.

Rhino Keeper
    I work overnights so this isn't really an issue for me. I do sometimes reset as pernmagic said.

Executive Chef
    When my collection time becomes unbearable at night because of the +1 minute thing, I'll just collect the moment I accumulate 4 gold (2 epic dragons/habitat, 12-hr collection cycle) instead of 5 which is 9 hours and 36 minutes after the last collection. That way I don't lose gold at all, and just continue as usual using the new collection time. Or if you only have 1 epic dragon per habitat, the 4th gold bar drops after 19 hours and 12 minutes from your last collection. You can collect then, and your new collection time the following day is now 4 hours and 48 minutes earlier than the last.
    Last edited by PepperWoo; 11-19-15 at 08:31 PM.