Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Mystic Maps Requesting/Receiving

Executive Chef
    Jagarjag - NOW I get what you mean - let me rephrase to see if I am understanding correctly.

You are proposing that if you request from a particular plot, get the needed (say) 5 or 6 maps you are waiting on, meaning there are still 14 or 15 to come for that day and that specific request, if you expand as soon as those 5 or 6 are received from the same plot you requested from, you never get those other 14 or 15 maps from that request.

If, on the other hand, you request from a different plot than you expand from, the other 15 or 16 maps will be received while the expansion is in progress.

Have I understood correctly? VERY interesting! As I said somewhere earlier, I just request from wherever and then later expand more often than not from a completely different plot (sometimes change my mine five times LOL) so I would probably never have noticed this at all.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by belbar22 View Post
    I go to the ice isles and request from there and always get 60 over 3 days so along with cartographers maps I can expand as soon as my previous one is done. I sometimes request twice if map count is under 32.
    I'm thinking I am going to HAVE to go to the Isles. *sigh*

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    Jagarjag - NOW I get what you mean - let me rephrase to see if I am understanding correctly.

You are proposing that if you request from a particular plot, get the needed (say) 5 or 6 maps you are waiting on, meaning there are still 14 or 15 to come for that day and that specific request, if you expand as soon as those 5 or 6 are received from the same plot you requested from, you never get those other 14 or 15 maps from that request.

If, on the other hand, you request from a different plot than you expand from, the other 15 or 16 maps will be received while the expansion is in progress.

Have I understood correctly? VERY interesting! As I said somewhere earlier, I just request from wherever and then later expand more often than not from a completely different plot (sometimes change my mine five times LOL) so I would probably never have noticed this at all.
    Yesss...could'nt have put it clearer myself...that's what I had been trying to tell and I am pretty sure it is true. Glad u got it.

Executive Chef
    I'm thinking I am going to HAVE to go to the Isles. *sigh*
    I've come to the same conclusion.

Executive Chef
    For those that are following along, obviously Dragon Tales has been the focus lately, however I have managed to hatch an Ice Age dragon and opened up the Arctic Isles.

I can't say it helps a lot, really. Because once you have more than 8 maps you can't request from there either.

What I did manage to do was request from the Arctic Isles immediately after I started an expansion on the main island which used all my maps on hand. However, I did not get 20 maps over three days, same as always I got maps on days one and two only after the request. So when the expansion was finished I still needed to ask for more maps from the main island - and wait.

I haven't yet found a way to consistently be able to have maps on hand to start a fresh expansion as soon as one is finished. Obviously if I expanded more in the Arctic Isles so I would need more than 8 maps for the next expansion, it might be workable every now and then, but I am focused on my main island right now and really not ready to expand in the Arctic Isles.

I am wondering if those players who are sure they get maps for three days are also players who only need to evolve twice - if there was a change at some point like the evolution change that wasn't grandfathered.

Executive Chef
    Has anyone noticed we seem to be RECEIVING maps for more days since the last update (iOS)? I am getting maps over more days now than I was before. It seems to be there has been a change.

On a side note, the app is now crashing more again too when visiting high level neighbours - it was better for a short while, now bad again.

Banned
    Has anyone noticed we seem to be RECEIVING maps for more days since the last update (iOS)? I am getting maps over more days now than I was before. It seems to be there has been a change.

On a side note, the app is now crashing more again too when visiting high level neighbours - it was better for a short while, now bad again.
    Apparently we are able to receive 25 gifts per day so I take that includes maps, no one from support has commented on this.

OVer the years have sent numerous tickets to support re crashing. The response is, it is your device causing this to happen, lol. Last year a neighbour of mine bought the new iPhone 6 and her game is still constantly crashing and was also told it was her device causing this.

Executive Chef
    Random59, it isn't the number of maps so much as the number of days they are being received. I never used to get maps for more than two days after a request - now they are still coming in days later. Of course, I could be imagining things, but I pretty sure I'm not. Mind you, both changes could have been made at once - increase to 25 plus longer delivery time.

As for the crashing, I determined quite some time ago there is a graphics handling issue on at least some devices - mine included (iPad Air 2). It handles parks up to around level 100, any level over that, it crashes after one or two visits. For a few weeks prior to the release of the current version, there was a definite improvement, but it is back to crashing again. However I also updated the OS, so where the cause lies is indeterminant! LOL

Banned
    Random59, it isn't the number of maps so much as the number of days they are being received. I never used to get maps for more than two days after a request - now they are still coming in days later. Of course, I could be imagining things, but I pretty sure I'm not. Mind you, both changes could have been made at once - increase to 25 plus longer delivery time.

As for the crashing, I determined quite some time ago there is a graphics handling issue on at least some devices - mine included (iPad Air 2). It handles parks up to around level 100, any level over that, it crashes after one or two visits. For a few weeks prior to the release of the current version, there was a definite improvement, but it is back to crashing again. However I also updated the OS, so where the cause lies is indeterminant! LOL
    I don't know what they are doing but I had been getting maps 5 days later, maybe players aren't checking the map requests! I have also noticed that some of neighbours seem to request daily and other requests I receive are up to 5 days old!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345