Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic in the Arena

Executive Chef
    That is something else to consider, Blackeneddove, thank you for your contribution. It is the minor types (Champion, Rainbow, Stone etc) that do not have a first named colour that slip past, I think.
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Fashion Designer
    They don't really, just go back to what their orimary colors are champs are always black red, fairy take alesys yellow green, rainbow always yellow blue I forget the order but if you check you should be able to determine the sic hence the reason rainbows water magic, blue comes first

Diamonds: Helios, Angel (11), Crusader, Quetzel, Prime Eternal, Achilles, Prism, Gold, Mercury - all level 10. Glimmer (9), Astromancer (7), Blk Diamond (7), Crown Jewel (9), and Unicorn (13)
    Diamond, Infinity, and Valiant at level 15

4 Prime Dragons, Eternal (10), Chroma (10), Arcane (10), Power (8), Dark Prime Chrono (10)
    Champions: total of 22 all at 9 or Epic, Glasswing at 13, three at fifteen
    All 18 Arctics epic

No longer accepting DragonStory Neighbors, sorry

Executive Chef
    Sim, my focus is on where the colour of the magic is weak against the opponent. When I say it slips past, I mean it slips past unnoticed because the minor type can be strong against the opponent, but the component colour that is their magic can be weak against the same opponent.

Fashion Designer
    Right but the Magic color is what you are concerned with here and if the magic is weak and the minor color is string you are unlikely to use it anyhow as you probably have a better option. Ie, I always look for at least two good matches when trying to match up for a battle, if I can't find them I will likely go to a champion.

Diamonds: Helios, Angel (11), Crusader, Quetzel, Prime Eternal, Achilles, Prism, Gold, Mercury - all level 10. Glimmer (9), Astromancer (7), Blk Diamond (7), Crown Jewel (9), and Unicorn (13)
    Diamond, Infinity, and Valiant at level 15

4 Prime Dragons, Eternal (10), Chroma (10), Arcane (10), Power (8), Dark Prime Chrono (10)
    Champions: total of 22 all at 9 or Epic, Glasswing at 13, three at fifteen
    All 18 Arctics epic

No longer accepting DragonStory Neighbors, sorry

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    That is something else to consider, Blackeneddove, thank you for your contribution. It is the minor types (Champion, Rainbow, Stone etc) that do not have a first named colour that slip past, I think.
    Metal uses light magic. Noticed when I fought him in the arena. ;-)
    Sphinx uses air (yellow).

Didn't quite follow what you meant by "slip past" (I got super confused for some reason lol) but I hope this helps some.

Edit: Nevermind - I read it again & it made sense.
    Last edited by blackeneddove; 11-18-15 at 12:50 PM.

Executive Chef
    Blackeneddove, it wouldn't be the first time I've confused people! LOL

Strangely, I'm hardly using magic at all this tournament, just the opponents have been different or I am more conscious that I believe there is a different in the strike type so I am bashing more. Tournaments are not the time for testing theories, really, they are for winning!

Executive Chef
    While not yet back in investigation mode as Dragon Tales is in full swing, I have noticed something interesting today.

I came up against our old friend Darksteel. He of the Metal/Black hybrid variety.

Type has no effect with Metal. Green and white are the first two strong colours against Black and the first weak colour is Yellow.

On the basis of Green/white, I gave Jigsaw an outing. Bash wasn't particularly effective, but Yellow magic literally sent Darksteel flying.

EDIT Dec 10 - I have since worked out that while the icon is yellow, the magic is indeed white! Rest of post left as original.

Firstly, why does Jigsaw use Yellow magic when he is Green White? Neither of those colours split as far as I am aware even though in the real world one mixes blue and yellow to make green. Secondly, why would magic of the weak colour be a crit strike? Very curious.

Yellow magic also sent Duchess to the floor the other day, but that was less surprising and it was Parakeet, who I would expect to have either yellow or green magic.

I am drawing no conclusions, just putting it out there for consideration.
    Last edited by DeeDe99; 12-09-15 at 09:48 PM.

Executive Chef
    During the tournament I had a similar situation as described above with Triceratops (Dino type) and Maple. Yellow isn't given as strong (or weak) against Dino, yet Maple's yellow magic sent Triceratops flying.

Now, post-tournament, I've just had a repeat of the Darksteel situation described above. I've taken a screenshot, but having problems uploading it from the iPad, will try from the PC later. Yellow magic sent Darksteel flying. Again.

Edit: Here's the pic. This is after the yellow magic strike, before Jigsaw's third attack.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jigsaw.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	26710

The component colours of metal are white and blue and yellow is strong against blue. However, yellow is also weak against black, Darksteel's second type.

It is as if Jigsaw has three colours: White, green and yellow.

If I get Darksteel again, I'll try bash, bash and see the difference.

Afterthought: I haven't noticed as I don't use white dragons often: do they all use yellow magic, is there no "white" magic? Diamonds use Diamond magic - at least that's what I've always interpreted it as, as the symbol is unique to the Diamonds. There are some that use totally clear (as in can't be seen) magic - BlackenedDove, is that what you were referring to re light magic?

Simdiva - do you have any thoughts on Jigsaw having yellow magic?

Later Edit - I have since worked out that while the icon is yellow, the magic is indeed white! See post 26. Rest of post left as original.
    Last edited by DeeDe99; 12-09-15 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Added photo

Fashion Designer
    This is all very interesting, DeeDe99. Yes, I believe...well, from what I remember - as I don't use my Light dragon very often, but I think it also uses the same magic as the Diamonds do. Which you call "diamond" magic, but I called it "Light magic". "White" magic is probably a better term.

So, to clarify, from what I remember the magic for Metal, Light, and Diamond dragons all looks the same.
    **Full-time DS junkie since 2014, working to make her dragon dreams come true.**

Diamonds: Diamond, Infinity, Crusader, Gold, Quetzal & All Arctic Diamonds
    Champions: 13 total, 4 epic, 1 max level
    Player Level: 171
    *Newest bred dragons: Super (6.14.16) & Iris (6.11.16 - boosted)

Dragons are so fun!
    Dragons are so fun!
    Now it's time to hatch an egg
    and see what we have done...

Fashion Designer
    I will also add to the subject of the effectiveness of yellow magic, that my Camelot who is a Yellow/Red super rare always beats Gold-type dragons. Always. (Don't go messin' with my game now, TL!) And he wins using yellow magic. One or two magic attacks will always bring them down. I think there may have only been one time (during a tourney) where my Camelot didn't win out-right against a Gold-type.

That being said, the only "gold" type that he seems unable to beat is Sterling Silver. Which actually isn't gold. lol...Strange, huh? I usually have to pull out a different dragon for him, and I haven't came across him enough times to remember how I beat him.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast