Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game progress losses - why and how

Rhino Keeper
    I've been playing on iPad mini 1 (A5 processor) and my wife on iPod (5th gen). In FFS I'm level 45 with over 4,000,000 XP and 74 habitats. We've both had terrible issues with crashes (usually during mining,arghh) and lagginess over the past 6 months. Both are updated to IOS 9.0.2 with memory cleared often. I have Charter Cable "60 mbps" service which gets flaky in evening so I will switch to my Verizon 4G LTE hotspot. Since I upgraded us both to the new iPad Mini 4 (A8X processor with motion coprocessor & more RAM) we are in BLISS! Everything runs fast and as smooth as butter. This iPad was built with multitasking in mind.I am able to run both Fantasy Story and Dragon Story at the same time and seamlessly switch between the two. I timed myself, and with both DS & FFS running, in DS I was able to collect tips from all 143 habitats in 56 seconds. I started playing originally on Samsung Galaxy Nexus (1ghz dual core processor & 1 GB ram) and DS was very laggy. On my new LG G4 (6 core processor & 3GB ram) DS also plays smoothly (though my phone gets warm). To enjoy these games at higher levels I recommend upgrading your device to similar levels.
    >>19sparkles96>>19sparkles96>>19sparkles96

Executive Chef
    Thank you for those device comparisons, 19sparkles96.

I had an experience the other day which is merely further evidence of my original post.

Out of normal practice for me, I did risk breeding while at work - i.e. not on my trusted super fast cable at home. I quite clearly lost internet connection and when I went back into DS the breed commencement had been lost, there were no dragons on the breeding den. The message had not been sent from my device to the server due to the loss of Comms at my end. Precisely why I don't usually do this stuff when out and about on a mobile.

There is no way S8 can be held responsible for that, to try to do so would be completely unrealistic. They have no control over the reliability of a telco half a world away.
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Executive Chef
    Jewelnan, it is probably not you messing up, but depending on how the data packets are "built" it would be technically possible for the Comms to drop between packets at a point where the coin reduction registers but not the food increment. Depending on your particular connection, it could also be possible for the Comms drop to happen at the same point each time if it is a data volume issue.

Sorry for the late reply: I'm a bit time bankrupt at the moment!
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post
    It's a combination.....

At Least not the full 100%. And a great part of the userside-faults, could be prevented by S8.
    Anaboe, I've been in the IT industry a very long time. While I agree the app isn't perfect (there are issues with the gold gifting, for example) I disagree that S8 could prevent user side communications issues. That is a technically unrealistic expectation.

Not to mention, players are constantly asking for more "stuff" like the additional land, then expect to be able to keep playing on the same devices - often already struggling with RAM and/or graphics resource requirements.

Technology has limitations and we need to be realistic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12