Thread: Autumn Welcome Mat - warning, don't buy!

New Resident

Autumn Welcome Mat - warning, don't buy!

Shame, shame. I guess since the software counts these as floor decorations it won't allow people to walk over them. In other words, I just wasted my money on two welcome mats because you can't put them in front of your door. Or you can, but nobody will ever set foot in your restaurant. Disappointing.

Executive Chef
    central california where theres droughts and fires
    oh my goodness thanks for the headsup. i almost bought one
    I'm aishas boutique on fashion story, I'm also on bakery story and restaurant story.

Executive Chef
    What's to look into? When this item came out three years ago, I believe, we learned the hard way and it was established (and not changed) how the mat cannot be walked on. It's just decoration to put somewhere, like any other, in which you can't expect the bots to bypass it. Still cute though. However, I only had one or two and don't think I'll be getting more of them.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    What's to look into? When this item came out three years ago, I believe, we learned the hard way and it was established (and not changed) how the mat cannot be walked on. It's just decoration to put somewhere, like any other, in which you can't expect the bots to bypass it. Still cute though. However, I only had one or two and don't think I'll be getting more of them.
    I think it's a bit misleading to sell a floor decoration named a door mat, only to find out that bots can't walk on it. If I buy a potted plant, I don't have the expectation of bots being able to walk on it, because it's a plant (obvious). But the whole purpose of a door mat is to walk on it. And for many of us, this is our first go-around with this item. They could either add an info tip to the item to warn people that it cannot be walked on by bots, or they could fix the issue so that it can be walked on.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    The item has been removed from the market to resolve this going forward. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    The item has been removed from the market to resolve this going forward. We apologize for any inconvenience.
    I don't think this is fair to remove the item when they're other player's who,as myself,want the opportunity to buy it A warning that the item can't be used as a door mat decoration is much appreciative however,it should be up to the player if they still want to purchase that item or not! Please bring it back!!!!!
    Main acct ID: bundamuffin

Our voices,views and opinions do not matter here,only our wallets. Not accepting new nbrs in BS/RS....as of now,VERY limited play in these game's due to S8 removing content in older android Amazon version's.

Executive Chef
    Yeah I agree why remove it, please bring it back! I want some, darn it.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

I bought one went back to by another one and it's gone

Executive Chef
    central california where theres droughts and fires
    we want the mat i was just saying thanks for the heads up but itll be nice to go in front of counters or have it block the door!
    I'm aishas boutique on fashion story, I'm also on bakery story and restaurant story.