Thread: Not getting notifications with Ren Faire version

Rhino Keeper

Not getting notifications with Ren Faire version

Since I updated to the Ren Faire version of RS, I completely STOPPED getting notifications from RS. On both devices I play with, I'm running Android 5.02. Got notifications fine before that, installed Ren Faire, stopped getting notifications. I've tried resetting the notification settings, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc., but nothing has worked. The notifications in the other games have been hinky lately, too - like getting notified of a dish getting done 20 minutes after I've been in that game and served the dish that was done when I was in there, or the notification saying a dish that was done previously is done, when instead, a different dish is done, or I've only gotten tips, a gift, or a message. But NO notifications is what I'm getting with RS - which makes keeping track of the 1 hour dishes for the monthly goal very difficult.

I now set alarms on my phone.

And I just posted this in a different thread...

Notifications do come, to my Android device at least, eventually. My theory is that the delay is intentional, so that players' ready-to-serve food will expire more often; this would lead to more players spending gems to recover the spoiled food. My thought process? It appears that the "new" S8 management team has decided to do ANYthing to get us to spend more gems, which translates to more real-world cash. Free games, it seems, are no longer free. :-(