Thread: Neighbours' Gold Gifts bug?

Executive Chef

Neighbours' Gold Gifts bug?

As I am excluded from the TL Bugs Forum link in the Sticky, I'm reporting it here.

I think there may be a problem with the Android gold gifting.

Here are the answers to Storm8's reporting questions:

1) Storm8 ID - DeeDe99
    2) Device type - Samsung Galaxy S 6 Android
    3) Device OS - Android 5.0.2
    4) What happens - When I first sign into Dragon Story at 5 pm my time (Australian Eastern Standard Time) which is clearly Storm8's "start of new day", the following happens:
    I am presented with the "Messages" dialogue, with a listing of neighbours who have gifted gold, with a "Gift Back" button and a "Use" button, but the "Use" button is always inactive.

I press "Gift Back" and only sometimes will it actually appear to send, but in any case I never get any Gold and I thought I was supposed to be able to receive.

I can not initiate sending any gold to anyone - only when they first became a neighbour. The "Gift" button on the neighbour list is always inactive.

5) Sorry, no screenshots at this time. Will try to get tomorrow.

PS - Unrelated but noticed another thread - I don't mind "Stormie" as a neighbour - seems quiet an unassuming and the islands are pretty to look at.

Executive Chef
    Interestingly, when I logged in a second time, I got the same gift message (different neighbour than the earlier messages), but the buttons were Decline and Accept, both active, and when I accepted the increase in gold did happen.

Is this a "clash" between iOS and Android player versions?

Executive Chef
    August 31 17:08 hours Australian Eastern Standard Time I captured these screen shots of exactly what is happening.

Attachment 23337

This is the message I first receive - when I click "Gift Back", I am taken to a list of all my Neighbours, where I can check boxes beside their names to send them Gold (as it seems I'm not allowed to use it!). I am sory, I missed taking a shot of that screen.

When I check the third tick box, I get this message:

Attachment 23338

When I click "Continue", I am presented with this:

Attachment 23339

and then I am back to the original messages screen with new names, but notice the time the messages were sent - I think they are accumulating because I can't seem to action them.

Attachment 23340

Executive Chef
    And the plot thickens - having logged out after capturing the above screen shots, when I logged back in, I was presented with the following screen which worked.

Note the User ID of the person sending the gift is the same as the previous error.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-08-31-17-55-19_resized.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	23341

I accepted and my gold count increased.

I cannot initiate sending gold though

Executive Chef
    I'm starting to think this may have more to do with time differences than Android/iOS versions.

The reason I am starting to think this is because the World Event arrived late on my device and now so has the Value Pack - well actually, it still hasn't arrived at all. Not that I want it particularly, but I am interested in the possible programming issues.

Executive Chef
    Strangely, this issue briefly disappeared when I switched to iOS, however it is still spasmodic.

Of course, from an IT perspective, anything spasmodic is hard to replicate, therefore root cause analysis well nigh impossible.

I've figured out a sort of work around, so can usually send gold, but would love to help solve it if it ever becomes a more widespread issue.