Thread: Horses or sheep for fertilizer?

Rhino Keeper

Horses or sheep for fertilizer?

I'm slowly plugging away at crafting grooming mitts, and since I'm not really hurry to finish the goal, I didn't notice until the equestrian event that horses drop fertilizer. I'm wondering if anyone has noticed if the drop rate for fertilizer is higher for the gem horses. Or if anyone has noticed a difference in drop rate between black sheep and white sheep for fertilizer, either. Additional horses and sheep are on my list of things to buy when I expand a little more, but I might opt for a couple now if I would get fertilizer more quickly.

Thanks!

Nightclub Owner
    I don't own gems horses, but sheep are better sources of fertilizer as horses. I see no difference between my different sheep. Conservatories remain the best source by far.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Farm Supplier
    I agree with ShibuyaCloth, if you have space, buy comservatories. However if you buy some (coin-bought) horses for the event anyway and you collect from them a lot, you'll also automatically stock up somewhat on fertilizer (not the best return compared to invested energy, but if it's horseshoes you want and see the fertilizer as a bonus, it's quite nice). That's how it is for me at the moment.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks!

I did buy about 160 coin horses for the event and finished collecting horseshoes yesterday. I already used all of the fertilizer I collected from them, it was nice. I put most of them in storage, though, because the other animal drop rates seem higher (I did keep a few to continue to collect from since as far as I know it's not clear either way additional horseshoes would help the community).

I have 9 conservatories on my board right now and more in storage but I don't really want to put anything else away to place more of them since they take up space.

sheep are also a good source for me, but I don't really want to buy more - I have 8, but until this event I never needed more than 3 on my board. I'd rather buy an animal I don't already have

I haven't noticed a difference in drop rates between sheep since I started paying attention, but I still wonder about horses since the description says a higher chance of "more drops."