Thread: Is there any way to know which updates are going to end up being goal to download

Rhino Keeper

Is there any way to know which updates are going to end up being goal to download

Is there any way to tell which updates are going to have a goal later on to download for gems for Android users? I see neighbors asking for new parts, I have new parts to give, but no new appliance. So I come to the forums - it's been updated, and a new version, but, of course, we don't have a goal for the new version yet. This week I got prompted to download an update for Dragon Story that was released a month ago.

I know not all new versions are offered as gem giving goals. So is there any way to know which ones will be? Or how long should we wait before a new update comes out before figuring it's not going to be offered for gems, and download it anyway?

Executive Chef
    They pretty much all are, if you wait long enough. The only version I updated to without getting the goal first was bagel cafe, and that did eventually get released as a goal. I vaguely remember one version not getting a goal sometime in the distant past, but that one was probably like bagel and I just didn't wait long enough.

And no, there's no way to know when a download goal will be released.
    Last edited by twospoons; 08-23-15 at 11:52 AM.
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!

Executive Chef
    No, they are totally random. Sometimes when you think you'll get a certain one, it skips to another. So the previous one gets stuck in limboland until who knows when.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Fashion Designer
    As long as I can remember ALL of the versions have goals, sooner or later. Sometimes it takes only like a week or two and sometimes even 2months (like bagel version). What I always do is wait for the goal to arrive to get my 6 free gems, even if I have to wait 2months. In the meantime, I'm using an amazon version if I want an access to the stuff that are from those versions.

Rhino Keeper
    I know at a couple points in time - I can't remember if it was my previous account (my 2nd account) or my first account, in RS, I would occasionally get messages saying this version will no longer be supported as of x date, please download x - and it usually defaulted back to the "original" version, but I guess updated to include the new stuff from the intervening updates, I'm not sure. This was before I started looking at the forums and seeing what I was missing when new parts were received, or when neighbors asked for new parts, and I didn't have a new appliance available.

Executive Chef
    Yes, I too used to get that message along the lines of "this version is no longer supported..." but haven't since last year.

The entire disarray started when Teamlava updated to S8 for me, since February this year the editions were not in the play store days before needed as it used to be.
    This is my experience, I don't know about anyone else's.

I quite liked it that way but now it's a bit chaotic for some folks.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Executive Chef
    i flat out ignored the "no longer supported" messages. the couple times i got them, the goal to download the next version came a few days after they said they stopped supporting the earlier one, so i'm pretty sure they were just trying to get as many users to switch without having to give them gems as they could.

it would be nice if they had the android versions issued before the wednesday afternoon update, with maybe a little in-game pop-up that said "Look for RS: New Version in the Play Store for fun new content!" instead of making us figure it out ourselves, but i wouldn't want to lose the free gems.
    Last edited by twospoons; 08-24-15 at 11:36 AM.