Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold producing dragons?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by blackeneddove

Once new players understand that two dragons in one habitat still equals 5 gold every 24 hrs, they will know it's not worth the money to buy all the gold producing dragons. As it is, with a max of 5 treasure terraces, I will only ever own 5 gold producing dragons. Totally unfair, as I would like to have them all one day, but not if I can only get 5 gold with 2 epic dragons in one habitat. That's ridiculous.
    Darn it
    Wish I'd read this earlier. Time to save up another 8 mil!!! Thanks so much for posting because nowhere is this info given by TL. This is ridiculous after spending $ on gold dragons.
    Oh how I love dragons <3
    ID: krystynam Neighbours welcome! I respond to requests several times daily
    Level 99 with 154/272 dragons (excluding multiples)
    Diamond, Quetzal, Infinity, Crusader, Dark Angel, Mercury and 1 (bought) Unicorn
    all diamonds are bred unless specified bought w gold.
    2/5 Prime Dragons -Loyal, Power

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by blackeneddove View Post
    After sending a PM, I was told by a moderator who looked into this for me when Rose Gold was released, that no matter what I did, I could only get 5 gold per day from these new habitats even if I put two dragons in there. Apparently, this is the way TL has the habitats now. Sorry to say, but there's no special way of collecting to get 5 gold from each dragon in a single habitat, I checked. So, I had to buy a second habitat for my second gold-producing dragon. Eight Million coins for each habitat!! Just to get 10 gold a day.
    It is true that the new treasure terraces only hold 5 gold/day. However, if you have two lvl10 gold dragons in one habitat, you get 5 gold/12 hours. At the 12-hour mark, your habitat with 2 dragons gets full, which means you could collect twice a day and still get 10 gold. The time of gold drops is this, basically:

1 dragon/habitat

1 gold every 4 hours 48 mins
    2 gold every 9 hours 36 mins
    3 gold every 14 hours 24 mins
    4 gold every 19 hours 12 mins
    5 gold every 24 hours

2 dragons/habitat

1 gold every 2 hours 24 mins
    2 gold every 4 hours 48 mins
    3 gold every 7 hours 12 mins
    4 gold every 9 hours 36 mins
    5 gold every 12 hours
    Last edited by PepperWoo; 08-08-15 at 11:14 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Yea, that's why with my 9 gold dragons, I have to collect gold twice a day to make sure they don't get max out and I don't miss out on gold
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Rhino Keeper
    Also another word of advice you will see gold bars on top of your gold producing habitat, when you gold producing dragon is able to collect 1 gold bar.

Make sure you dont collect it until you are ready to cuz it may look like the habitat is full but there's only 1 gold bars in there. The timer will restart again after you collect.

I collect mine every day at the same time to get 5 gold bars. If its not 24hrs exactly you will only get 4 gold bars.

I do not use them to battle cuz like Kennedward said if the dragon loses you have to wait until its healed. Also the timer will reset to when the dragon is back in the habitat. I just use to collect gold only.
    Last edited by kjbrogren; 08-09-15 at 07:55 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperWoo View Post
    It is true that the new treasure terraces only hold 5 gold/day. However, if you have two lvl10 gold dragons in one habitat, you get 5 gold/12 hours. At the 12-hour mark, your habitat with 2 dragons gets full, which means you could collect twice a day and still get 10 gold. The time of gold drops is this, basically:

1 dragon/habitat

1 gold every 4 hours 48 mins
    2 gold every 9 hours 36 mins
    3 gold every 14 hours 24 mins
    4 gold every 19 hours 12 mins
    5 gold every 24 hours

2 dragons/habitat

1 gold every 2 hours 24 mins
    2 gold every 4 hours 48 mins
    3 gold every 7 hours 12 mins
    4 gold every 9 hours 36 mins
    5 gold every 12 hours
    Hmm... I asked a moderator about this specifically before purchasing my second gold dragon (and second habitat) because I had read everywhere in the forums that this could be done. It was checked into for me and confirmed that the habitats can only produce 5 gold/day. What I was told was that I could not receive 10 gold/day because the habitat maxed out at 5 gold every 24 hrs even with 2 epic dragons, so I figured what I must have read about on the forums with players getting all their gold was with the old habitat.

Do you have a new habitat or an old one that you are able to do this with? If you actually can, maybe I shouldn't bring too much attention to this lol

I am going to try it! Maybe my question was misunderstood somehow. It will be sad to miss out on gold if it doesn't work, but I simply MUST know!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by krystynam View Post
    Darn it
    Wish I'd read this earlier. Time to save up another 8 mil!!! Thanks so much for posting because nowhere is this info given by TL. This is ridiculous after spending $ on gold dragons.
    I am going to do an experiment for you, krystynam! I'm going to put both my epic dragons into one habitat on Tuesday (after I have enough gold to buy this new habitat currently on sale) and by Wednesday we will know for sure if this works! ;-)

It could be that my question was somehow misunderstood. (not sure how, when I was very clear in saying I thought it was the dragon who produced the gold - level 1-3 being 1/gold, epic being 5/gold... and not that habitat that produced the gold)

Either way, it's time to find out! Hopefully it works and I don't miss out on 5 bars of gold. I will cry.
    **Full-time DS junkie since 2014, working to make her dragon dreams come true.**

Diamonds: Diamond, Infinity, Crusader, Gold, Quetzal & All Arctic Diamonds
    Champions: 13 total, 4 epic, 1 max level
    Player Level: 171
    *Newest bred dragons: Super (6.14.16) & Iris (6.11.16 - boosted)

Dragons are so fun!
    Dragons are so fun!
    Now it's time to hatch an egg
    and see what we have done...

Rhino Keeper
    I can tell for sure: I have 3 new habitats, 2 gold producing dragons in each. I collect 9 gold bars per habitat per day, 5 in the morning and 4 in the evening. If I could be bothered to calculate time exactly I might get 10 per day but I'm happy as I am. To tell the truth I love the dragons' look and I love the klonk of the gold bars as I collect. Very satisfied with the investment.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by blackeneddove View Post
    Hmm... I asked a moderator about this specifically before purchasing my second gold dragon (and second habitat) because I had read everywhere in the forums that this could be done. It was checked into for me and confirmed that the habitats can only produce 5 gold/day. What I was told was that I could not receive 10 gold/day because the habitat maxed out at 5 gold every 24 hrs even with 2 epic dragons, so I figured what I must have read about on the forums with players getting all their gold was with the old habitat.

Do you have a new habitat or an old one that you are able to do this with? If you actually can, maybe I shouldn't bring too much attention to this lol

I am going to try it! Maybe my question was misunderstood somehow. It will be sad to miss out on gold if it doesn't work, but I simply MUST know!
    I've only started buying treasure dragons from last year's Black Friday or Christmas Sale (can't remember exactly) so I can guarantee you that I have the new ones that only hold 5 gold/day and I still get 10 gold from each habitat daily by collecting every 12 hours (+1 minute, so I don't accidentally collect early and miss that 1 gold by mere seconds).

The treasure dragons are huge investments especially if bought at full price. Don't you think everyone would've lashed out on TL big time if they absolutely couldn't milk the most out of those dragons with the set limitations? Sure the new habitat means twice the work since you absolutely have to collect twice if you want 10 gold but it is certainly doable. I and many others can assure that. You could set up a 12-hour alarm to help you remember if you want, that's what I do.

Nightclub Owner
    I have a new strategy, collect whenever I see 2 gold, that way I don't miss out on 1 gold, since 4 of my gold habitats have 2 dragons in them, but the max only holds 5, which means the 6th gold could be lost
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperWoo View Post
    I've only started buying treasure dragons from last year's Black Friday or Christmas Sale (can't remember exactly) so I can guarantee you that I have the new ones that only hold 5 gold/day and I still get 10 gold from each habitat daily by collecting every 12 hours (+1 minute, so I don't accidentally collect early and miss that 1 gold by mere seconds).

The treasure dragons are huge investments especially if bought at full price. Don't you think everyone would've lashed out on TL big time if they absolutely couldn't milk the most out of those dragons with the set limitations? Sure the new habitat means twice the work since you absolutely have to collect twice if you want 10 gold but it is certainly doable. I and many others can assure that. You could set up a 12-hour alarm to help you remember if you want, that's what I do.
    I was thinking this very thing! That's why I thought it was weird that they told me that (and of course it made me angry to save up for a second habitat that I clearly don't need).

I also use alarms to help me remember when to collect gold (once per day) but I will definitely use it even more when I need to collect twice per day.

Thanks so much for the info! I will always believe my fellow players the most.

I guess the good news is whenever I do have enough gold for a third gold producing dragon, I already have a habitat!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast