Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Level 15 Dragons, Mining, and More!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    I understand where you're coming from and might tend to agree with you, but for one problem: I found that in the flash tournament we just had, my level 10 dragons were almost useless. So they've kind of forced our hand to upgrade our dragons to level 15 if we want to complete tournaments/battles. Had they left our odds the same or only slightly less, it might not make it such a priority to level up to 15, but now we have to in order to have any hope of being successful in battles.
    Agreed, going LV15 is really the only way to even out the chances to win a little, although I've read that some players lost with it
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Rhino Keeper
    IMO, I have to disagree. The feeding costs are simply TOO much. If they had made the dragons hard to get to level 15, that would be fine and a worthy goal. However TL made the dragons neigh impossible to feed that high, let alone have a number of level 15 dragons WHILE still trying to make every other mass produced dragon epic level (in order to enjoy their final forms). Having goals to strive for is fine- but creating such impossible standards simply tells me that they regard their players as walking money bags. Wanting to make money on their game is fine, but IMO there just needs to be some sort of balance.
    Android Player - The Vale of Arryn
    10 Pure Diamonds, 2 Quetzels, 1 Helios, 1 Mercury, 1 Unicorn, 1 Gold, 1 Infinity, 1 Crusader, 1 Prime Eternal
    Accepting all neighbors

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by redstar177 View Post
    IMO, I have to disagree. The feeding costs are simply TOO much. If they had made the dragons hard to get to level 15, that would be fine and a worthy goal. However TL made the dragons neigh impossible to feed that high, let alone have a number of level 15 dragons WHILE still trying to make every other mass produced dragon epic level (in order to enjoy their final forms). Having goals to strive for is fine- but creating such impossible standards simply tells me that they regard their players as walking money bags. Wanting to make money on their game is fine, but IMO there just needs to be some sort of balance.
    I quite agree, I'm nearly L150 and I have the noble crystal, only bought it as the price may go up , but for now I'm not taking any above L10 , I have a lot of useful dragons I struggle to get to L10 due to food needs , what this "upgrade" has done has made me much more careful about spending gold in a tournament to finish it because of the almost impossible odds of winning, guess I'm choosing to play the game differently because of the lack of "balance" and equal fairness as you mention..... It alters how I feel about the game which is a shame
    Pern magic L200 dragons623+
    Champs, Valiant L15 Rainbow Sentinel L 15, Guilded knight, Spirit Warrior, Highlander L15, Inquisitor, Sharman, Guardian Angel L12 , Warrior King ,Warrior princess, Chariot, warrior Prince + others
    Diamond hybrids, Diamond, Valiant, Angel, Crusader, Helios , Quentzal , Gold, astromancer, Mercury , Infinity, Unicorn ,Prism, Dark Angel, Black diamond and others
    Gold producing 10 L10

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by redstar177 View Post
    Agreed
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Fashion Designer
    Meanwhile, in Androidland, we just dream of the day we get to evolve a dragon past level 10...

Nightclub Owner
    lol, save up some food in the meantime, you'll need a lot of it
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

They can make level 15s incredibly hard to get, it's not a huge deal to me, but what I don't want is to have to stop leveling and evolving my other dragons at the same time. The rate at which dragons are released is high enough as it is. It's almost impossible to produce enough food to feed one new-release to level 10 before yet another new-release takes its place--especially considering all the tournaments, spin-to-wins, world events, and dragon tales that keep restocking the "To Feed" list. (Sorry to Android guys who don't get some of that stuff )

Now, given the entire paragraph above, consider that leveling a dragon from level 10 to 11 costs over half as much as it does to level a dragon from 1 to 10. (160k Lv 1 --> Lv 10, 84k Lv 10 --> Lv 11) And that's just from 10 to 11! In order to raise a dragon from level 10 to 15 would mean completely dropping the progress on leveling all other dragons... which, up until this point, has been the ultimate goal for dragon trainers. It was satisfying then and it's still going to be satisfying now, so even while I'm going to try for a couple level 15s it still feels like a slap in the face.

So then @YeahBabyBabylonia, yeah, they should be hard to get, but I don't want to sacrifice the gameplay of raising my other dragons to epic forms. Using my system you could make it take some ludicrous number of Primal Fragments to level epic form dragons so that it remains a very difficult late game goal.

Dangling exciting rewards for raising high level dragons like better odds in the battle arena and super rare Prime Dragons is all well and good, but if you're going to give us some exciting new goals, don't force a decision like that. Either way we go, we still end up ignoring half of the fun of raising dragons, be them low levels or high. This seems counter intuitive for a product meant to maximize the enjoyment and satisfaction of the consumer. You want people (both new and veterans) to stay interested, right? Of course you do, that's how you make money in this biz. But releasing new gameplay elements that require sacrificing old gameplay elements is not the way to do that. Rather than giving us more to do, this update has simply spread us thinner; rather than satisfying, it feels sort of overwhelming.

PS: I read at least a few replies that simply stated their distress at the high food costs, and to those people honestly all I can say is... read the post. And this comment.
    Last edited by SacredSloth; 08-11-15 at 11:56 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Actually I don't really mind LV15 having a high food level, I already thought it would be the case.

My problem is still, as I've said, the lack of food options that would drag out the time required to go LV15.

So far, I only gotten around 10 dragons to LV15, but to get all of my Diamonds to LV15, I'm assuming it'll take a year or more.

That's my problem.
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Rhino Keeper
    Along with all of the other IOS only special features, this one is another bothersome one to Android. Ever since this feature came out, my arena battles have all been against high level dragons and I cannot beat them with anything. I've never had this many issues. Has there ever been an explanation as to why there are such differences between IOS and Android? I can't seem to get my question to stay up on the boards for too long for some reason....

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by kimandamelia View Post
    Along with all of the other IOS only special features, this one is another bothersome one to Android. Ever since this feature came out, my arena battles have all been against high level dragons and I cannot beat them with anything. I've never had this many issues. Has there ever been an explanation as to why there are such differences between IOS and Android? I can't seem to get my question to stay up on the boards for too long for some reason....
    You should ask TL that
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast