Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Value Packs? Your opinions

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by krystynam View Post
    Wow!! You've had much better luck than I with the boosted breeding, my gold has been wasted on commons, ugh.
    What was the pair you used?

Congrats on all your new dragons!!
    Thank you! Now I just have to farm a lot of food to feed all the hungry mouths. I used practically the only pair I had to have a decent chance at the Siamese (which seems to be super elusive!) - Night and Winter.

Nightclub Owner
    Smae here, tons of food needed lol
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Rhino Keeper
    I don't like a new dragon introduced as a Value Pack but it's good for other dragons (ones I or other players may have missed). For example past tournament dragons, Super Rares (especially 3-gem types) and for Diamond dragons.

They are also good for new players as Starter Packs.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by debhutchinson View Post
    I don't like a new dragon introduced as a Value Pack but it's good for other dragons (ones I or other players may have missed). For example past tournament dragons, Super Rares (especially 3-gem types) and for Diamond dragons.

They are also good for new players as Starter Packs.
    And if you have the money, most packs are around USD$16.99
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Rhino Keeper
    I've never bought a value pack but don't have a prob with the idea of it. Interestingly I have not had a single gold sale since about 6 months into my playing - and I joined in Feb 2013, so that's about 2 years without a gold sale!

Fashion Designer
    Lol when I started DS I bought 5 Pumpkin value packs ($0.99 or $1.99), mostly because of the food! I also bought the Angel pack recently. No regrets. I don't understand the disparity in gold sales though.

Fashion Designer
    United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru, Republic Dominican, Cuba, Carribbean,
    The fist pack I bought was $1.99, since then I haven't seen one for less than $14.99. Other players apparently can buy multiple ones at $0.99 and $1.99. Why is that?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandybellee View Post
    Thank you! Now I just have to farm a lot of food to feed all the hungry mouths. I used practically the only pair I had to have a decent chance at the Siamese (which seems to be super elusive!) - Night and Winter.
    Yeah, I'm working on food as well. It's frustrating eh? New dragons and to get them anywhere we need 10s of thousands, to b/millions. Ughhhh.
    I got 1 Siamese out of night x winter, but not from this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by koiju View Post
    I've never bought a value pack but don't have a prob with the idea of it. Interestingly I have not had a single gold sale since about 6 months into my playing - and I joined in Feb 2013, so that's about 2 years without a gold sale!
    I wonder if the gold sales are based on buying habit. I've bought gold, and since doing so my offers come at least once, mostly twice, per week. They seem to alternate with the value packs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythdefied View Post
    The fist pack I bought was $1.99, since then I haven't seen one for less than $14.99. Other players apparently can buy multiple ones at $0.99 and $1.99. Why is that?
    Wow! $1.99? I've never seen that low, the ones I see are all 12.99-16.99.
    That's ridiculous if others get them so much cheaper
    Oh how I love dragons <3
    ID: krystynam Neighbours welcome! I respond to requests several times daily
    Level 99 with 154/272 dragons (excluding multiples)
    Diamond, Quetzal, Infinity, Crusader, Dark Angel, Mercury and 1 (bought) Unicorn
    all diamonds are bred unless specified bought w gold.
    2/5 Prime Dragons -Loyal, Power

Nightclub Owner
    If all packs are 1.99 or 0.99, I'll surely recommend them to everyone, but so far the recent ones have been 16.99, so it's hard for me to recommend
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by krystynam View Post
    Yeah, I'm working on food as well. It's frustrating eh? New dragons and to get them anywhere we need 10s of thousands, to b/millions. Ughhhh.
    I got 1 Siamese out of night x winter, but not from this weekend.

I wonder if the gold sales are based on buying habit. I've bought gold, and since doing so my offers come at least once, mostly twice, per week. They seem to alternate with the value packs.

Wow! $1.99? I've never seen that low, the ones I see are all 12.99-16.99.
    That's ridiculous if others get them so much cheaper
    When you're a low level player, you get the $1.99 ones, then you get the $3.99/4.99 ones and finally at level 40 you get the expensive ones. I noticed the last transition happened at level 40 because at some point I was at 39, had some $4.99 offer and then suddenly I got to level 40, my screen refreshed and there was a different icon on the right.

I loved some of my $3.99 purchases. Cleopatra was one of these bundles and she's one of my best dragons.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast