Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Value Packs? Your opinions

Rhino Keeper

Value Packs? Your opinions

Hi!

I'm just wondering how many ppl purchase them? I've boughten a few myself. I'm debating on the current pack...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	22304

Are you tempted?
    Oh how I love dragons <3
    ID: krystynam Neighbours welcome! I respond to requests several times daily
    Level 99 with 154/272 dragons (excluding multiples)
    Diamond, Quetzal, Infinity, Crusader, Dark Angel, Mercury and 1 (bought) Unicorn
    all diamonds are bred unless specified bought w gold.
    2/5 Prime Dragons -Loyal, Power

No I don't buy the Value Packs. Too expensive for my blood. Lol! Maybe I would be tempted more if I knew I could display all my dragons and not have space issue like other gamers who have been playing for more than 1 year.

If they were $0.99 then i'd probably be more tempted. Lol!
    Level 107 in DS! 206 Dragons!
    My storm ID is diner2u feel free to add me!
    5 Diamond Dragons: Diamond 15, Quetzal, Crusader 10, Mercury & Infinity
    5 Champions: Warrior Princess 10, Warrior Prince, Gilded Knight 10, Rose Knight & Chariot + 2 in storage: Skeletal Knight & Dueler
    2 Gold Dragons: White Gold & Stainglass

Fashion Designer
    United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru, Republic Dominican, Cuba, Carribbean,
    I used d to buy nearly all of them because I want all the dragons, but finances don't allow that anymore. I haven't bought any in a couple months.

Executive Chef
    Nova is white and blue, I already have tons of white and blue so I'm passing. I haven't bought a value pack in a while.

Nightclub Owner
    I don't buy, but if you have the money and really like the dragon, then by all means buy it
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Rhino Keeper
    I played for two years without spending any money. After the upgrade for Android adding battle arena, I did by two or three for the champion dragons. But Storm8/Team Lava has shown they don't care about players and are only in it for the money (not the money is a bad thing, but it should not be an end all/be all). So now I am back to not spending a dime on this or any other Storm8 game. In fact I uninstalled a bunch of games and am down to only 2 games. I am probably going to drop Restaurant Story soon as well.
    Level 200
    717Unique Dragons
    Accepting Neighbors, send invite to Jmthrive

Rhino Keeper
    With this one, the extras are pretty useless, as you're getting coins and maps (the former are easy to earn and the latter to get from neighbors), so practically you're paying for the dragon alone.

This said, I will be buying it because I love love love the look of the Nova. I first saw it on Pern Magic's isle and I remember asking her what dragon it was and feeling disappointed that it wasn't available. I learned two things from that: 1. That I liked this particular dragon and 2. That I liked white dragons in general I must say that if a dragon offered in a value pack is white, I usually can't resist it (White Magic and White Witch, I'm looking at you).

I have a rule to limit myself to one cash purchase a week in this game. I don't smoke, don't buy video games and now that I'm sick and can't drink alcohol I hardly go to clubs, so this is my entertainment money. I usually wait till Friday to see what the value pack is and then I either buy that or wait for a gold sale and buy gold (to use for running the second breeding den or buy extra spins on a wheel). In other words, no extra spins this week, I'll be getting my Nova instead.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by BiteMe111 View Post
    With this one, the extras are pretty useless, as you're getting coins and maps (the former are easy to earn and the latter to get from neighbors), so practically you're paying for the dragon alone.

This said, I will be buying it because I love love love the look of the Nova. I first saw it on Pern Magic's isle and I remember asking her what dragon it was and feeling disappointed that it wasn't available. I learned two things from that: 1. That I liked this particular dragon and 2. That I liked white dragons in general I must say that if a dragon offered in a value pack is white, I usually can't resist it (White Magic and White Witch, I'm looking at you).

I have a rule to limit myself to one cash purchase a week in this game. I don't smoke, don't buy video games and now that I'm sick and can't drink alcohol I hardly go to clubs, so this is my entertainment money. I usually wait till Friday to see what the value pack is and then I either buy that or wait for a gold sale and buy gold (to use for running the second breeding den or buy extra spins on a wheel). In other words, no extra spins this week, I'll be getting my Nova instead.
    Thanks for posting!!

Nice! Your way is a great way of treating yourself! I'm in a similar position, quit smoking in 2009, don't drink due to the RC meds I'm on, don't have a social life lol, etc. I pretty much only spend on nessecities, housing/bills for my kids and I, I grocery shop very cheaply, same for clothing. Spending some money on here is a lil something for me, a treat if u will.

Only thing - I'm too impulsive. I don't always think out the sensibility of my purchase (ex spending x gold on wheel spins to get a dragon that could be purchased for less gold in the market. Dohhhhh.) so I think I will go with your way, once a week sounds like a good plan.
    Oh how I love dragons <3
    ID: krystynam Neighbours welcome! I respond to requests several times daily
    Level 99 with 154/272 dragons (excluding multiples)
    Diamond, Quetzal, Infinity, Crusader, Dark Angel, Mercury and 1 (bought) Unicorn
    all diamonds are bred unless specified bought w gold.
    2/5 Prime Dragons -Loyal, Power

I have purchased many value packs in the last 2-3 years (on IOS and on Android) but NOW, I have absolutely NO need for the coins OR the Mystic Maps! I have totally expanded on land & air and I have so much money I have almost totally expanded the Artic Isles just to have something to do. I have not expanded the last block in space because until the last expansion I couldn't even use my dynamite so with this expansion I didn't do the last one so that I can still get and use the dynamite and sometimes it gives me some food which I am DESPERATE for! I bought the Nova pack wwaaayyyy back and it is very nice but honestly, I have never used it.

Nightclub Owner
    I don't usually buy DS value packs, but if they ever offer a Diamond hybrid that I don't have, I don't think I would be capable to resist. I got very fortunate to breed an Astromancer about a week before they were selling one. I do buy value packs in other games sometimes, especially if it's $4.99 and they're offering something very appealing to me. It's really up to you if you want it and can afford it
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast