Thread: What do you consider to be BASIC parts?

Rhino Keeper

What do you consider to be BASIC parts?

Just wondering what everyone considers to be basic parts (like when someone says they prefer basic parts as gifts) and about how many do you keep on hand once you have purchased every appliance available with the exception of future goal appliances and appliances not yet released?

Farm Supplier
    Fuse/gear/knob/metal sheet/motor/nozzle/paint/screw/spring/wiring

Rhino Keeper
    I think "basic parts" have become a shifting target. While I tend to agree with ebenezer's list, the past few months have given us goal appliances which required parts from previous goal appliances in addition to a combination of new special parts and what we typically consider basic parts. (I imagine these decisions were greeted by players with equals amounts of, "Thank goodness, I can use all those spare XXXXs now!" and "Oh, crud, why did I decline all those XXXXs?!?") With the introduction of the masala stove, which quite unbelievably needed a July knob, the notion of "basic parts" pretty much flew out the window for me.
    Last edited by lynniefish; 07-28-15 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Oh, just because.

Rhino Keeper
    About how many "basic parts" do you keep on-hand? I usually keep around 30, and then replace as I use them. I MIGHT have spare specialty parts, but not always.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by spydre1 View Post
    About how many "basic parts" do you keep on-hand? I usually keep around 30, and then replace as I use them. I MIGHT have spare specialty parts, but not always.
    I have roughly 200 of each of the basic parts listed by ebenezermac but as lynniefish said the idea of needing to stockpile only basic parts has been shifting. I accept pretty much everything and am trying to have at least 150 of each spare part.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks, everyone. That makes things easier.

Rhino Keeper
    I agree with all those above. Basic parts have pretty much no meaning now. ebenezermac's list represents 'prior' basic parts. However S8 seems to have thrown out the rules and now anything goes. The only food I accept is Stew, and everything else is parts. On old parts I have somewhere between 150-200 of each. I am slowly building up the newer parts. When an appliance requires 5-8 of something, and I build 6-8 of the appliance, the parts disappear pretty fast. Most of my neighbors are now sending new parts instead of the old basics also.

Rhino Keeper
    I think basic parts are anything from fuse to wiring on the gift list. But in my two oldest restaurants & bakeries, I've got to where I'll accept anything BUT basic parts. (I have over 300 of each) The only appliances I have to build are either new or goal ones. I'm still building with my newer two IDs so I accept all parts no matter what they are.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by myndisue View Post
    I think basic parts are anything from fuse to wiring on the gift list. But in my two oldest restaurants & bakeries, I've got to where I'll accept anything BUT basic parts. (I have over 300 of each) The only appliances I have to build are either new or goal ones. I'm still building with my newer two IDs so I accept all parts no matter what they are.
    That's the situation I'm in, as far as only having to build new or goal appliances - which was why I asked the question. Once I get to a certain point - possibly high as 100, possibly before then - I'll stop accepting parts again, or stop accepting the basic parts that are already that high, and only accept food and the parts I still "need" to get to that point. My last account, before I stopped accepting parts, had HUGE amounts of parts, and it was ridiculous - and telling neighbors not to send me parts only was partially effective, as so many of them mass gift shortly after reset, and they generally sent out parts (I still don't get why people keep sending out goal parts well past when the goals would be achieved, or even after the goal ends - if the goal has already ended, it's likely a person already has at least one of the appliances - at least until the most recent batch of goals using old goal parts, you never used them again).

As far as all parts, I've got the page with appliances and the parts needed for them bookmarked - if I already have all the appliances that use, say, the purple knobs, or something like that, I won't accept it anymore.
    Last edited by spydre1; 08-04-15 at 06:50 AM.