Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Update: July 22nd 2015

Host(ess)
    In protest against having to pay gems for the ovens I'm not buying any of the new decor. If Team Lava continue to force us to pay gems for ovens and/or goals I will refuse to open any boxes and will not purchase any updates.
    Last edited by seachef2; 07-22-15 at 11:19 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    If you click on the "i" tab on the oven, it says that we can earn 12 gems from this oven. At least that's an improvement

If you only buy 1, you can actually earn 7 extra gems, but it would be a pain to master all the recipes

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by mimiamelia View Post
    If you click on the "i" tab on the oven, it says that we can earn 12 gems from this oven. At least that's an improvement

If you only buy 1, you can actually earn 7 extra gems, but it would be a pain to master all the recipes
    It says "earn up to 12 gems" what does that mean???? "Up to"....does that mean you may not get 12 gems???

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pipipooh1977 View Post
    It says "earn up to 12 gems" what does that mean???? "Up to"....does that mean you may not get 12 gems???
    I think it means you get 4 gems per recipe, so 1 gem per level

Host(ess)
    In protest against having to pay gems for the ovens I'm not buying any of the new decor. If Team Lava continue to force us to pay gems for ovens and / or goals I will refuse to open any boxes and will not purchase any update.

Rhino Keeper
    Ummm.... Storm8, this update is okay. I wish the Colonial Oven wasn't for gems, but I don't mind it that much. The recipes are not bad, but could be better (Favorite - Pound Cake & Least Favorite - Corn Muffins). I also wish this update represented summer because it doesn't & none of your updates lately scream summer to me & that is sort of a bummer! These updates should be fun, bright, & fresh! Step up to your A game, Storm8!

And, to top it all off, the Corn Muffins recipes looks almost exactly like the Oat Bran Muffins from the Yoga Stove & the only difference is the color (Oat Bran color - Orange hue/Corn color - Yellow hue)!

But, earning up to 12 gems for mastering recipes on this appliance is a HUGE and GREAT improvement, so technically you get a profit of 7 gems, which outweighs the cost of the appliance over time! Wonderful job, Storm8 (for this enhancement)! And, the decorations (displays) are available for coins and that is a + for me!

Overall Impression: B-
    Last edited by oo56; 07-22-15 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Added

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakerling View Post
    COLONIAL OVEN COST 5 Gems

Attachment 22036

RECIPES INSIDE THE COLONIAL OVEN

Attachment 22037

Happy Baking
    Thank You, very much, for posting the recipes on the Colonial Oven! Really helpful!

Host(ess)
    In protest against having to pay gems for the ovens I'm not buying any of the new decor. If Team Lava continue to force us to pay gems for ovens and / or goals I will refuse to open any boxes and will not purchase any update.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by mimiamelia View Post
    I think it means you get 4 gems per recipe, so 1 gem per level
    Your ahead 7 gems for 1 oven, if you buy 2 ovens then your ahead 2 gems but any more than 2 ovens then your losing gems and not gaining....not worth it. I'm not even buying 1 oven because I refuse to support such stupidity....

Pretty much what we expected. :-( Such a shame to expect to be disappointed.

I bought the colonial patriots items for coins, was planning to get them based on the teaser, glad they weren't for gems. Bought a couple of tables for gems, which I normally don't do but I like the looks. Stools were for coins, got a couple of those as well.

Floor tile surprised me... looks better than the teaser picture and is for coin. Didn't look at the wallpaper because my Americana section isn't against a wall.

Didn't buy the strange bread shack or the oven. Ovens should be available for everyone, no gems!

All in all, a lackluster offering by S8 this week. The update on Restaurant is far superior.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast