Thread: Popularity & Broken Hearts behaving oddly with changing rooms

Host(ess)

Popularity & Broken Hearts behaving oddly with changing rooms

I have a Samsung Tab 3 (SM-T320) with Android 4.4.2. I have Fashion Story Young Love Version 1.5.6.7.

This evening, when I began playing the game, the began to behave oddly . The thought bubbles above the non-playable characters behave oddly. There are usually three images in these though bubbles: the pink heart, the purple broken heart, and the green mirror. The green mirror no longer appears in the NPC thought bubbles. NPCs will go into the changing rooms with no thought bubble and then exit the changing room with the purple broken heart thought bubble. The popularity meter in the upper left corner does not change, however. It has remained steady at 100. The NPCs do not get the purple broken heart at all until after they exit the changing room. I have 6 changing rooms and this behavior occurs in each changing room.

There is no indication that the game play is affected in any other way. Every other aspect of the game works as it has and as it should.

Host(ess)
    I just visited some of my neighbors. One of them had the weird happening, too, but only with mirrors. The NPCs would look at themselves in a mirror and then get a broken heart. Another neighbor had none of the weird happening; the NPCs had all four thought bubbles work like normal, the green mirror and changing room, the pink heart, and the purple broken heart.

Host(ess)
    The game is back to working like normal. The only change is that it popped up several out of sync with server notifications throughout the day, but I have no clue if that has anything to do with anything.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    The purple broken heart is an indicator that the visitors need more dressing rooms or have a blocked path. Try making sure the paths to the clothing and cashier are open. They need at least one square to walk around.

Host(ess)
    Thanks, Elsa.

The problem:
    1. Visitor would have no thought bubble.
    2. Visitor would walk into a dressing room.
    3. Dressing room curtain would shut.
    4. Visitor would emerge from the dressing room.
    5. Visitor would have a broken heart indicator.

If the problem was that I do not have enough dressing rooms, then the broken heart indicator in this case is a coding error. However, after watching the game for a while, I noted the behavior of visitors that emerged from dressing room with happy hearts and dressing rooms with broken hearts and figured out why visitors would use the dressing room, emerge from the dressing room, and then have a broken heart indicator. Very clever of the game designer.

I accidentally resolved the "problem" earlier, without knowing why, and when the "problem" began recurring, I figured out why and fixed it.