Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Naming your animals

Fashion Designer

Red face Naming your animals

One of the things I wish about the game is that you could see animal names when you visit other users' lands. I love coming up with names for my animals, and I wish I could see what other members do. But then I wonder if I'm just neurotic & no one else bothers to name them.

Occasionally one comes along with a good name, but most are either too obvious, or I just don't like them.

Here are a few of mine that I really like.
    Hareon - Velvet
    Koala Kadabra - Houdini
    Frostfang - Zephyr
    Rainguin - Irwin (they're just so nerdy-looking - LOL)
    Lullabison - Brahms (well, okay, it's on-the-nose, but I couldn't help myself)
    Tubacan - Sousa (I mean c'mon, with all that brass...)
    Melodeer - Sondheim (my favorite Broadway composer)
    Lemercury - Spiff (as in Spaceman Spiff)
    Caturn - Aldrin
    Chocolate Rabbit - Cadbury

So, am I crazy?

Fashion Designer
    No, not crazy, just very creative :-)

I've always left the default name that they come with, and ironically because of this three of my four "ice cream" animals are called Herbert, lol. The only one I've named is my Hot Dog, who I've called Annie. I have a wiener dog and that's her name so it seemed apropos :-)

Fashion Designer
    I've kept the default names, except in the case of my Ancient Sloth. His default name was Satyr (I changed it to Ty). I didn't really think having the name of "a class of lustful, drunken woodland gods" (thanks Google) really fit him.

Might name my Hot Dog Frank. Not really feeling the default name of Nix.

I'm sure lots of players name their animals. I'm just a tad lazy (and perfectionist) lol

Executive Chef
    You can change the names of your animals?!? I didn't even know! How do you do it? I've wanted to change some of them all along.

Executive Chef
    I've never changes any of my animal names, my son gave my lightning leopard his name. I guess I just don't pay too much attention to the names. You have some great animal names sakrysta!

Fashion Designer
    You can do it from the feeding screen. You just need to click their name and a keyboard comes up.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerNightSky View Post
    You can do it from the feeding screen. You just need to click their name and a keyboard comes up.
    Thank you so much! Now I see there's also a pen symbol right beside the name. I don't know how I've never noticed it. Well, this became a lot more fun! Off to think about new names for my cuties...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandybellee View Post
    Thank you so much! Now I see there's also a pen symbol right beside the name. I don't know how I've never noticed it. Well, this became a lot more fun! Off to think about new names for my cuties...
    You're very welcome I have 2 Dewdrop, 2 Gaia, and 2 Magmus, I think I might need to differentiate those pairs.

Fashion Designer
    I've renamed quite a few.

The ones I can remember off hand are:

Treent - Groot
    Musical Trio - Trebble, Bass and Melody (Tubacan, Lullabison and Melodeer)
    Treasure Toucan - Gemwing
    Money Badger - Bling
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
    Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)

I love naming my animals, it adds a nice personal touch. Mine are mostly named after my favorite fictional characters from various shows and videogames.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast