Thread: Dragon Scales

Dragon Scales

So, when I first got my dragon, all it ever seemed to drop was scales. 2 or 3 at a time. All of a sudden (now that I need them for Mythic essence), they have only dropped once in the last week. Is this a bug? At this rate it is literally going to take me a couple of months to get the necessary amount of dragon scales to make enough Mythic essence to upgrade my garden.

Somethings take time, this one is designed as a time sink...
    Good luck with the scales!

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Not a bug, sounds normal to me! keep persevering... They will drop.

Hmm... it is definitely a different drop rate now though. I got over 40 scales in about a month before I got the ability to make adamant, or before I started the Mythic essence quest line (got both around about the same time, so I am not sure) and was able to make 8 Mythic essence right away. I haven't had a dragon for all that long, and it never dropped anything but scales for weeks. I don't mean mostly scales, or rarely anything else. I mean it was ONLY scales. For weeks. Now it only very rarely gives me scales, right when I need them the most. It is really annoying.

Welcome to the "game knows what you need & makes that item rare now" world...lol. Claims have been made in the past that drop rates are not tinkered with but I still say it's coded in the goals to make what you need a rare item when it previously was a constant drop. Too many players experience this drop rate adjustment for it not to be true. It's a way to make you frustrated & gem the goal, thus having to spend real money for more of those gems for later.
    Persevere... You will get there eventually. Don't be manipulated
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Yeah. Now I just got a rat tail from my dragon. A rat tail.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 07-03-15 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Removed language

Executive Chef
    I need the manticorn whiskers more than the dragon scale because the essence needs 10 whiskers that is twice more than the dragon scales and I only have 1 dragon and 1 manticorn

Quote Originally Posted by ktorewqas View Post
    I need the manticorn whiskers more than the dragon scale because the essence needs 10 whiskers that is twice more than the dragon scales and I only have 1 dragon and 1 manticorn
    Yeah, I got lucky and got a second manticore. I thought it would be fine with 1 dragon, but suddenly my dragon will drop anything but scales. Feh. It is pretty obvious that drop rates change. It is probably scripted though. It happens at a certain point in the storyline.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by FinsFabulousFoods View Post
    Yeah, I got lucky and got a second manticore. I thought it would be fine with 1 dragon, but suddenly my dragon will drop anything but scales. Feh. It is pretty obvious that drop rates change. It is probably scripted though. It happens at a certain point in the storyline.
    I feel the same my dragon stopped to drop scales for a week, then my manticorn... so I am stuck forever at the essence, need 1 more to finish the maze which I waited for over a month now