Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Bakery goals-july.01.2015-bake-off and fireworks!!

Executive Chef
    except, of course, that some of the 1000 people who finished free goals were perfectly willing to spend money on other decor, and may not be so willing now that they're ruining a previously-fun game. like, say, me.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    except, of course, that some of the 1000 people who finished free goals were perfectly willing to spend money on other decor, and may not be so willing now that they're ruining a previously-fun game. like, say, me.
    Yep, I totally agree. That is why I said technically, if you look at it purely as free goals = zero money, gem goals = some money.
    If you look at it from the needy greedy mentality then to them I'm sure it makes sense, lol

Host(ess)
    I thought I was the only one turned off by the excessive amount of gems this goal cost because everyone in my neighbors list is still gifting parts for the ovens and requesting them. As soon as the display popped up for gems, I knew I was done. Just like the Bavarian ovens from a while back, there are some things I refuse to spend gems on. And I understand the concept of the company needing to make money, especially on a free game, but not at the cost of alienating the consumer.

But then again, perhaps I'm in the minority of players because I don't spend money on gems, rarely spend them on decorations, and don't re-decorate my bakery very often. I choose to spend my gems buying oven space, which I feel is already at a pretty steep price (49). I guess what I'm trying to say is that the game feels more fun, and I feel more inclined to play it, when how I spend my gems is left up to me and I don't feel like I'm being peer-pressured into spending them.

So for now, I'll just keep working on mastering recipes. The July goals just aren't for me.

Just want to put my two cents in. I don't like the idea of using gems for goals, but if you want this game and RS to stick around they have to make some money. The staff and internet servers etc. are not free. So some support from us is needed. I bought gems in both games for the sale price of $13.99. I use most of my gems for expansion but have used some on ovens in past two months. Been playing since Jan. I used to play a golf game on my desktop, great game, played it for almost two years. After time no one was buying extras so they closed and ended the game. So once in awhile you need to support Storm8 with even a little real $$$ or this game we love will be gone!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by StevesAllNightDiner View Post
    Just want to put my two cents in. I don't like the idea of using gems for goals, but if you want this game and RS to stick around they have to make some money. The staff and internet servers etc. are not free. So some support from us is needed. I bought gems in both games for the sale price of $13.99. I use most of my gems for expansion but have used some on ovens in past two months. Been playing since Jan. I used to play a golf game on my desktop, great game, played it for almost two years. After time no one was buying extras so they closed and ended the game. So once in awhile you need to support Storm8 with even a little real $$$ or this game we love will be gone!
    I, and most people on the forums, understand the need for the company to make money. But the company did make money--not from every player, sure, but there will ALWAYS be players that don't spend on games, for myriad reasons. I can see why S8 would want to get just a tiny bit of cash from a wider base of players, instead of depending on a narrow segment of players that spend bunches of money. But this attempt to broaden its consumer base impacts all players, even the ones who already were happily supporting the games with real-world dollars, in a very negative way.

I am fully in favor of the other recent experiment--combining gems and a shiny new piece of exclusive decor in a single purchase (except the part where not everyone got it, of course). It's a benefit to those who are willing to pay for gems, but doesn't impact the players who can't or won't purchase. More importantly, it's tempting players into buying, not forcing. I prefer carrots to sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    I am fully in favor of the other recent experiment--combining gems and a shiny new piece of exclusive decor in a single purchase (except the part where not everyone got it, of course). It's a benefit to those who are willing to pay for gems, but doesn't impact the players who can't or won't purchase. More importantly, it's tempting players into buying, not forcing. I prefer carrots to sticks.
    I am in favor of this too and would hope that S8 would do more of this than go for gem ovens or gem goals.

Executive Chef
    Well I really feel left out in the cold on this one, having not enough gems to proceed. Guess they have succeeded in turning off players like me who won't buy gems for goals. Glad that RS goals are not requiring gems, but even then BS has affected my enthusiasm for that game.

I was stupid enough to spend 8 gems on tables and now I need to spend 24 gems on two popcorn thing. No thank you unless you are giving us 50 gems for completing this goal. Totally unfair to require us to spend gems on goals.
    Island Name:-RainForest
    Level:-113
    Other games I play:-
    Bakery Story 2,Restaurant Story,Fashion Story and Bakery StoryDragon Story is my most fav. Right now working on diamond hybrids and any good dragon that came along.

Feel free to add me on any and all games

Quote Originally Posted by freesiawoods View Post
    Well I really feel left out in the cold on this one, having not enough gems to proceed. Guess they have succeeded in turning off players like me who won't buy gems for goals. Glad that RS goals are not requiring gems, but even then BS has affected my enthusiasm for that game.
    I totally agree. Such things put me off
    Island Name:-RainForest
    Level:-113
    Other games I play:-
    Bakery Story 2,Restaurant Story,Fashion Story and Bakery StoryDragon Story is my most fav. Right now working on diamond hybrids and any good dragon that came along.

Feel free to add me on any and all games

Rhino Keeper
    I have completed all my goals, but my final goal is not showing up and I've scrolled thru three times. I also closed down. Any suggestions? I agree, it is very cute.
    ⚔Humble and Proud Servant #4⃣1⃣ of Thuakie Sword Society{⚔}==========>