Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778 LastLast

Thread: Bakery Update: July 1st 2015

I do hope our opinions are not only heard, but taken seriously. Actions speak lounder than words and this update speaks volumes. I am only hanging around to see if there will be another action that shows there is some interest in customer satisfaction.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by QTHoneywell View Post
    I do hope our opinions are not only heard, but taken seriously. Actions speak lounder than words and this update speaks volumes. I am only hanging around to see if there will be another action that shows there is some interest in customer satisfaction.
    I hope our opinions are heard and considered too, but unfortunately I don't think that will ever happen. There was a thread just like this when the released that oven for gems and clearly no lesson was learned because they just released another oven for gems in restaurant story. This wasn't the first goal requiring us to spend gems (although I believe it required the most gems of goals that have in the past) and it won't be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by kvoeller View Post
    I hope our opinions are heard and considered too, but unfortunately I don't think that will ever happen. There was a thread just like this when the released that oven for gems and clearly no lesson was learned because they just released another oven for gems in restaurant story. This wasn't the first goal requiring us to spend gems (although I believe it required the most gems of goals that have in the past) and it won't be the last.
    I know and probably waisting my breath, but just putting it out there. At first I was mad about this update (and the gem oven) and now it just saddens me.

I am about to master the second recipe on the first stove. Now I am faced with the delema of holding my nose and moving on or quitting a goal string and leaving content I REALLY WANTED locked. I resent being put in this position.
    I deeply believe that under no condition should a goal cost gems. That's pay to play. Bakery Story is a free game.
    That being said my bakery is all Americana and I had been hoping and asking for a really big red white and blue update.
    ugh! What do I do?!

Executive Chef
    it completely sucks, and personally i boyctted, but if you would have bought the tables and the pie table anyway, which it sounds like you would have, maybe it's okay for you. (i did end up skipping the pie table for 5 gems, since i'd get 4 of them back from mastering the 2 recipes that would get unlocked and i like pie.) i just hope you're doing it without purchasing gems! that's where it really matters to show S8 that this was not a good idea for their bottom line, and to force them to return to temptation instead of bullying. it's a personal choice, of course, but i hope a lot of players who did buy gems are at the very least seriously reconsidering that for the rest of the year.

so is the final prize, if it was a standalone piece of decor, something you'd pay 23-42 gems for, knowing it will take a while to earn them back?
    Last edited by twospoons; 07-14-15 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    it completely sucks, and personally i boyctted, but if you would have bought the tables and the pie table anyway, which it sounds like you would have, maybe it's okay for you. (i did end up skipping the pie table for 5 gems, since i'd get 4 of them back from mastering the 2 recipes that would get unlocked and i like pie.) i just hope you're doing it without purchasing gems! that's where it really matters to show S8 that this was not a good idea for their bottom line, and to force them to return to temptation instead of bullying. it's a personal choice, of course, but i hope a lot of players who did buy gems are at the very least seriously reconsidering that for the rest of the year.

so is the final prize, if it was a standalone piece of decor, something you'd pay 23-42 gems for, knowing it will take a while to earn them back?
    that is the thing that makes this so hard. I would pay 23-42 gems for the final prize. I would buy the tables for 2 gems each! I would buy the pie table for 10 gems! If this was an ordinary update I would purchase more gems to get those items. I have far less than 42 since I try to never have enough sitting there to be gem trapped.
    I am just sick about it all being a gem price tag and required for goals. It is so unethical to call yourself free and then charge game currency to play.
    Ugh. Thank you for the advice. I haven't sent my rocket ovens off to permanent storage yet, although I did master the peanut pie in my last serve.
    Last edited by myferngardens; 07-14-15 at 12:12 PM.

Executive Chef
    While I understand people are upset about needing to spend gems if they CHOOSE to do the goal, I'm failing to see the logic of refusing to spend gems on items you would have spent gems on ANYWAY had they not been part of a goal. What's the difference? You would have bought the item anyway - only this time, it forms as part of the goal. So why not just buy it, be done with it and move on? I understand if it's an item you don't actually want that you would just flat out refuse to buy it as part of the goal but if it's something you do want, then why not just buy it?

Farm Supplier
    I have followed a handfull of my neighbors and left the game. It isn't fun anymore. It's been good while it lasted....
    * Sorry Currently NOT accepting new neighbors, i have more than enough awesome neighbors. All Invites will be DECLINED. Ty

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by myferngardens View Post
    that is the thing that makes this so hard. I would pay 23-42 gems for the final prize. I would buy the tables for 2 gems each! I would buy the pie table for 10 gems! If this was an ordinary update I would purchase more gems to get those items. I have far less than 42 since I try to never have enough sitting there to be gem trapped.
    I am just sick about it all being a gem price tag and required for goals. It is so unethical to call yourself free and then charge game currency to play.
    Ugh. Thank you for the advice. I haven't sent my rocket ovens off to permanent storage yet, although I did master the peanut pie in my last serve.
    I understand your dilemma. But holding off on principle unfortunately won't make any difference to TL thinking, so if I were you I'd go ahead. Lots of my neighbours are doing the goal so TL is happy.

I am not American so I feel a bit odd having the stars and ******s all over my bakery, plus I only have 4gems now after buying deco I really wanted and also falling into another darned gem trap.

Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    While I understand people are upset about needing to spend gems if they CHOOSE to do the goal, I'm failing to see the logic of refusing to spend gems on items you would have spent gems on ANYWAY had they not been part of a goal. What's the difference? You would have bought the item anyway - only this time, it forms as part of the goal. So why not just buy it, be done with it and move on? I understand if it's an item you don't actually want that you would just flat out refuse to buy it as part of the goal but if it's something you do want, then why not just buy it?
    The difference is I feel mislead by s8. I feel like trust has been broken when they advertise a free game then charge money to play. Goals really are the game. Take them away and what is there left to play? By spending the gems on goals I feel like I am rewarding dishonesty and broken trust. I feel like I am saying that it is ok for goals to cost gems. I deeply believe it's not ok. I dont want to indicate in anyway that it is ok to charge money for goals. As for items I don't want, I don't want the popcorn boxes. It's so wrong for a free game to require currency for something I don't want or slightly less currency to skip buying it to move on with the free game. Ugh.
    Last edited by myferngardens; 07-14-15 at 09:57 PM.