Page 44 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Update: July 1st 2015

Executive Chef
    Yeah not buying that pie table for gems nor proceeding with the goal. It's not like I'm getting free gems anyway. And I'm never buying gems on s8 games again.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pieandcream View Post
    good to know!
    i have been complaining about their shoddy management for months now >.> now we know the source of all this evil!
    this whole cr.ap started this year imo, when were they appointed?
    unrelated to zygna but i used to play playfish games. after it was sold to EA, all playfish games got retired slowly. nothing good ever come out of a sale for players..

well I'm not going spend gems on this goal too... all the better, save my time too

Rhino Keeper
    Count me amongst the hordes of players fleeing these wretched goals. I've been playing 4 bs & 4 rs for years, this the first goal I've abandoned.
    So i stopped cooking, blocked off doors, only checking in periodically to take care of my nbrs. The last vestige of fun in these games has been swallowed by short-sighted greed & indifference. So sad. I might buy some small july 4 decos & store them until i can stand to look at them without wanting to vomit.

i would like to see a protest movement by all of us that started goals then quit them. I stored all but one strip of the fireworks wallpaper, placed the one at a corner wall edge.This is my announcement to the world that I'm not going to be suckered and NEVER will pay gems for goals. So if that caught on, you'd see in other eateries that this person took a stance. Not that gamemaker gives a hoot, but I'd feel better!!

Fashion Designer
    well.....is there a site we can use as forum?
    this one wont do. when kooky comes back most likely all posts that have anything to do with 'starting a movement' or 'mentioning individuals names' will be deleted and people who wrote it maybe banned. this forum is only for use of S8 really. we won't get anything out of it here. we will need to move somewhere.

Rhino Keeper
    Count me amongst the hordes of players fleeing these wretched goals. I've been playing 4 bs & 4 rs for years, this the first goal I've abandoned.
    So i stopped cooking, blocked off doors, only checking in periodically to take care of my nbrs. The last vestige of fun in these games has been swallowed by short-sighted greed & indifference. So sad. I might buy some small july 4 decos & store them until i can stand to look at them without wanting to vomit.

i would like to see a protest movement by all of us that started goals then quit them. I stored all but one strip of the fireworks wallpaper, placed the one at a corner wall edge.This is my announcement to the world that I'm not going to be suckered and NEVER will pay gems for goals. So if that caught on, you'd see in other eateries that this person took a stance. Not that gamemaker gives a hoot, but I'd feel better!!

Haha kooky have a lot of work when she\he's back! We need a revolution! ;D i stopped the goals also.I told my neighbors about the gems and almost everyone else stopped doing the goals!

I am seriously thinking of quitting bs, it's a long time since I started being disappointed by their policy, now they force us to spend gems for the goal. This is exactly the right way to **** the game. Sooo disappointed!

Rhino Keeper
    I'm happy with the wallpaper but it's stored for the winter celebrations, and the floor tiles make an attractive carpet. I will not complete the goals just finish the two recipes and then sell the ovens.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PennyLane1900 View Post
    Haha kooky have a lot of work when she\he's back! We need a revolution! ;D i stopped the goals also.I told my neighbors about the gems and almost everyone else stopped doing the goals!
    yeah, i informed a few players i knew dont check the forum regularly too. then posted it on my wall.....but trying to keep up with all the messages coming from piss. ed off players voicing their anger with the gem goals has proven to be rather tricky. cant keep the "goals cost 42 gems in total, beware" at the top of the wall XD

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ksbmommy View Post
    So it takes 23 gems to complete the goals we know of so far (I'll most likely skip rather than purchase the decor). Then I'll earn 12 back for mastering the new recipes (2 ovens, 3 recipes each). So I'll be in the hole for 9 gems by doing this goal. How I look at it then is do I like the final goal prize to spend 9 gems on it? If it's what we think it is, I would have most likely of purchased it outright for 25-35 gems. So, for me, I'm one of the ones who will continue to do the goals because I'm willing to pay 9 gems for the final item. Others may not, but we all have to decide what is for us.

TL is a for profit business and I don't have a major objection with this after doing the math on it. I get way more upset at the gem traps and mystery box pop ups - those I never seem to have a choice no matter how careful I am. At least with the goals and being able to calculate my costs up front I can make the choice that's best for me.

So I received an offer today to download a new game for gems. I have received 12 gems already and will give the game to my son and let him get me to level 7 for 3 more in the car. TL gives us the opportunity to earn free gems all the time. They can take that away and just give coins for level 2 and 4 mastery and truly make you buy all gems. But instead they give us multiple chances to get them free. I know I'm in the minority here but I am looking at it from the pure mathematical standpoint. What had me paying 9 out of pocket, I now am 3 in the positive by downloading a game which I'll delete after I get my gems from it.

There is a ton of free/coin stuff in this game - you can't expect to play and get it all for free (this is a for profit company). Sometimes goals cost gems (we've seem it in the past), sometimes coins. Sometimes we get cool decor for gems, sometimes for coins. You can go as far as you want for free, they haven't changed that. Just because we've gotten used to all ovens and goals costing coins for so long doesn't mean TL can't mix it up now and then. Some people have stuff I can't get because I took a long break in the game, some people want stuff I have but they weren't around back then. It's just how it works.

If TL would just stop with the mystery box pop-ups and gem traps then I'd have no complaints at all on how they run their business/game.

I know I'm in the minority here..............