Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28687475767778

Thread: Bakery Update: July 1st 2015

Executive Chef
    ^^ Goals are PART of the game. They are not THE GAME. You can play the game without ever having to do a single goal. Some people only like to decorate. Some people only like to make lots of coins. Some people only like to set up table farms and collect tips. Some people only like to gamble on boxes. Some people only like to master recipes. Do you see where I'm going with this?

I hate to break it to you, but the few protesters here that are refusing to use gems for goals out of principle alone (even if they actually want the gem items separately) will not make one iota of a difference to S8's bottom line.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    ^^ Goals are PART of the game. They are not THE GAME. You can play the game without ever having to do a single goal. Some people only like to decorate. Some people only like to make lots of coins. Some people only like to set up table farms and collect tips. Some people only like to gamble on boxes. Some people only like to master recipes. Do you see where I'm going with this?

I hate to break it to you, but the few protesters here that are refusing to use gems for goals out of principle alone (even if they actually want the gem items separately) will not make one iota of a difference to S8's bottom line.
    I haven't baked anything in two weeks because what is the point in baking stuff to get coins that I then have nothing to spend them on?

I thought that was part of the purpose of goals, something to spend all the coins on.

The last update was gem heavy, the week before that was gem goals the week before that was a box and now another box update this week.

Now it's a game that is becoming a gem only game if you want any new content. Then baking really becomes irrelevant if I can only use gems to get new items and do goals. If the only time I need to bake is if I pay real money to do goals then what is the point of baking any other time?

Whatever,my money and I are taking a break from this game because now it is no longer fun. It may not make a difference to s8' s bottom line but it does to mine and I feel better not being one of the people feeding their greed, even if I am in the minority.
    Last edited by deekathleen; 07-15-15 at 04:46 AM.

Executive Chef
    They haven't mislead anyone. The game IS free to play. You can play the game without ever spending a cent on gems. There are players that get by just by earning free gems alone and haven't given S8 a cent of actual money. If you want premium content, then you pay for that with gems. That's only fair. Now what's classed as "premium" content is at S8's discretion, which is also fair as it's their game. It's no different to any other service you get for free. I don't see what the issue is. A sense of entitlement will not get you anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by myferngardens View Post
    The difference is I feel mislead by s8. I feel like trust has been broken when they advertise a free game then charge money to play. Goals really are the game. Take them away and what is there left to play? By spending the gems on goals I feel like I am rewarding dishonesty and broken trust. I feel like I am saying that it is ok for goals to cost gems. I deeply believe it's not ok. I dont want to indicate in anyway that it is ok to charge money for goals. As for items I don't want, I don't want the popcorn boxes. It's so wrong for a free game to require currency for something I don't want or slightly less currency to skip buying it to move on with the free game. Ugh.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by myferngardens View Post
    The difference is I feel mislead by s8. I feel like trust has been broken when they advertise a free game then charge money to play. Goals really are the game. Take them away and what is there left to play? By spending the gems on goals I feel like I am rewarding dishonesty and broken trust. I feel like I am saying that it is ok for goals to cost gems. I deeply believe it's not ok. I dont want to indicate in anyway that it is ok to charge money for goals. As for items I don't want, I don't want the popcorn boxes. It's so wrong for a free game to require currency for something I don't want or slightly less currency to skip buying it to move on with the free game. Ugh.
    I get what you are saying and agree 1000 percent!!!!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    They haven't mislead anyone. The game IS free to play. You can play the game without ever spending a cent on gems. There are players that get by just by earning free gems alone and haven't given S8 a cent of actual money. If you want premium content, then you pay for that with gems. That's only fair. Now what's classed as "premium" content is at S8's discretion, which is also fair as it's their game. It's no different to any other service you get for free. I don't see what the issue is. A sense of entitlement will not get you anywhere.
    again, your logic is spot on. but why this insistence that other players react logically to this development? just because i understand that S8 owns the game and can determine which things it wants to charge gems for, doesn't mean i'm not allowed to be frustrated, disheartened and annoyed by their choices.

although i still think charging gems for one of the features i believe keep many of the players invested in the game is a bad decision, logically.

Executive Chef
    I'm not insisting on anything. Simply pointing out facts. I'm a pragmatic person. Anyone reading that post about charging money to play the game is actually misleading new players into thinking that's true, when in actual fact it's NOT true. You can definitely play the game for free. You can feel upset or disappointed about getting charged for certain things within the game etc etc but don't let your emotions get the better of you when it comes to the facts, and start making up rubbish that's just not true to suit your feelings about the matter. The fact is, the game is free to play and the premium content costs real money. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    again, your logic is spot on. but why this insistence that other players react logically to this development? just because i understand that S8 owns the game and can determine which things it wants to charge gems for, doesn't mean i'm not allowed to be frustrated, disheartened and annoyed by their choices.

although i still think charging gems for one of the features i believe keep many of the players invested in the game is a bad decision, logically.

Totally agree Storm 8's greed is going to loose many players! I will NOT spend my gems on things I don't want! Wise up Storm 8!

Good to know I wasn't the only one disappointed by needing to spend an excessive amount of gems to complete the recent goals. I've been playing the game for a few years and I don't ever remember being required to spend that many gems just to get a new oven with boring recipes... in fact, I don't ever recall spending that any gems on one goal PERIOD. The one time there was a goal I couldn't collect all the items for because of gems was the jazz goal a couple years ago, but I believe the max payment was only ten gems all together for the little sax player, or maybe it was the bassist? I don't recall which one - doesn't matter really. Basically, if this is the direction team lava wants to go, the game is going to die off faster than pet story has.If you're going to make players complete goals to get new stuff, and they are already spending their valuable time to play each level of the goal, don't penalize them further - unless of course the end goal is to crash the game.

Executive Chef
    I still think that is the end goal. I think everything they have done this month is a wild cash grab before they adandon rs and bs.

How can we get more gems faster on an android for BS? I know ios have videos to get gems, what about us with androids

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28687475767778