Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to keep my counters full?

Executive Chef
    Also start cooking a longer hour dish before you go to bed so it will be ready in the morning. I would cook the burritos before bed (they will be done in six bit you will still have up to twelve hours before they spoil)

I do cook Burritos for 6hrs and serve them after 1hr past cooking time
    So sometimes I 8hrs one
    Restaurant StoryTM , Bakery StoryTM and Pet Shop StoryTM
    Add me, ID= evanjan

Fashion Designer
    It is very difficult to keep counters full at lower levels. I cranked out shrimp kabobs, clam chowder and fish & chips long after I mastered them just to keep food out. I really didn't feel comfortable til I was in the 50s levelwise. BBQ chicken should unlock for you soon, and as DeeK said, it is a life saver even at a 16 hr cook time. Make sure you set out all your gifted food as well.

Like Twospoons said, limiting tables the bubbleheads can sit at works just as well if not better as closing the door. Having 1 availible table means u sell 1 serving per 30 seconds, 120 servings per hour, meaning u can cook anything u wish, high or low output and still have food on ur counters when the next dish is done cooking.

However I wouldnt cook to get 100k servings on 1 counter, as u spend coins everytime u cook, and the longer u take to sell it, the longer ur decoration/expanding coins r tied up in that food. Also with that many servings on a counter it will take ages before u can get it empty without loosing the food, and in that time u r stuck with that particular counter that might not go well with ur decor.

Executive Chef
    Yeah that is what I am doing right now because I want to use different counters.

Rhino Keeper
    This was a huge problem for me last year when I mastered all recipes. What I did was make my layout inefficient by moving the host table away from the door and creating a maze out of my counters. My star rating never goes down and I don't run out of food any more. I have 25 slots. I use around 10 for the new appliances then the rest are for roast chicken (for profit) and peking duck (for volume). I chose 2day recipes because I have limited play time.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by dll137 View Post
    Ok first off, the operative word in the above statement is 'MAY' - I have played for over a year, have closed my door(s) with not only the host table but random floor decorations too many numorous times to count and have only ever had the quick sale happen TWICE.
    Second off, my advice to proceed is to close your door with a random floor decoration, focus on making food for say a week, make sure to get a large yield recipe and a large profit recipe out before you reopen. Have only one counter per recipe. So every one has their own counter and none are ever duplicates, the more a recipe is spread around between a ton of counters the quicker it's going to disappear.
    Third and finally, as cute as they are don't worry about doing the monthly challenges until YOU feel your stash is at a good level and that you're making enough coin to not worry about over expenses - nothing worse then not having the coin to complete a monthly challenge and just being trapped both ways.. MOST IMPORTANTLY - HAVE FUN!

fearmongering? Seriously?

https://forum.storm8.com/showthread.p...=Blocking+door
    Originally Posted by DaojinWildfire
    The game will usually quick-sell all of your inventory if you block the door to your store. When you block the door, you may not see the customers coming in, but our system will still recognize them walking in and buying your items. When you open your door again, the consumption that took place while your door was blocked catches up, which is why it looks like you instantly lost all of your items.

If you want to avoid the quick-sell, don't block your door.
    That ^^ has been said so many times by TL mods. Why would you advise someone to do it when there is the chance that it might be counterproductive? It may work for you but might be a disaster for another player. There are so many ways of stocking food without blocking the doors.

To prevent any food from being consumed, allow your customers access to the host table but not to tables like this :

To slow sales allow the customers access to the host table and one or two tables like this

Some players (like twospoons) also just turn or remove their chairs so customers have access to no chairs or only a few. The important thing to avoid a quick sale is to make sure the customers have access to the host table.
    Last edited by bobbyrae; 06-23-15 at 04:36 AM.

By doing that, won't it be difficult to earn coins since the customers' satisfaction reduces?
    Restaurant StoryTM , Bakery StoryTM and Pet Shop StoryTM
    Add me, ID= evanjan

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by evanjan View Post
    By doing that, won't it be difficult to earn coins since the customers' satisfaction reduces?
    If you want to stockpile food then you have to slow sales. There is no way to have your cake and eat it too unfortunately. Once you stockpile a few hundred thousand servings on the counters then you can "open" up your restaurant or turn your chairs back to the tables and the "happy" rating will go back up very quickly. The downside to the happy rating returning to 100% is that more customers start coming in, which means more food gets consumed. So you have to keep cooking high yield food to keep that stockpile.

As neurotika said, making an inefficient layout using a maze to put tables and chairs far away from the host table and door will help to slow sales down without reducing your happy rating. But while it will allow you the opportunity to stockpile some food, it won't really allow you to stockpile a lot of food, especially if you have a smaller place.

Try out all the suggestions here and see which one works for you.

Rhino Keeper
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	restaurant_story-2015-06-23-09-02-43.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	21070
    to illustrate my inefficient layout, here it is.

bobbyrae is correct. it just works for big restos. i just wanted to slow down consumption because i'm too busy to be tapping away all day to keep counters stocked.

to sum it up, factors that affect your stock are:
    - distance between host table and chairs
    - number of chairs
    - number of counters
    - yield of recipes
    - number of appliances out

there is one unavoidable consequence to stock piling: lower profits.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast