Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Change in Breeding Rules or Bug 2? (Black Hybrids)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    I received some information:

Zodiac's colors were corrected last year to be Yellow/Black, which is the intended color split for Zodiac type. They have not made any additional changes to Zodiac's breeding rules since that update.

Word from Design team is that the current results are intended.
    So it's intended for them to breed it without getting night, actually not a bad choice, at least you won't deal with 23 hours fail time, and night is pretty much a primary color dragon
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    So it's intended for them to breed it without getting night, actually not a bad choice, at least you won't deal with 23 hours fail time, and night is pretty much a primary color dragon
    I disagree, actually. I would much rather if black were still a possibility. As it currently is, we can no longer get NightElf, BAt, Emberglow, Dark Angel, or Black Diamond as fails. It feels wrong that Black is no longer a possibility in the pool, considering that the contributing types to Zodiac are Black and Yellow.
    Android Player - The Vale of Arryn
    10 Pure Diamonds, 2 Quetzels, 1 Helios, 1 Mercury, 1 Unicorn, 1 Gold, 1 Infinity, 1 Crusader, 1 Prime Eternal
    Accepting all neighbors

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by redstar177 View Post
    I disagree, actually. I would much rather if black were still a possibility. As it currently is, we can no longer get NightElf, BAt, Emberglow, Dark Angel, or Black Diamond as fails. It feels wrong that Black is no longer a possibility in the pool, considering that the contributing types to Zodiac are Black and Yellow.
    Kooky just said no Night is intended, but not about the others, so I wonder if those you named are still possible.
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Rhino Keeper
    Kooky just said no Night is intended, but not about the others, so I wonder if those you named are still possible.
    I think the new breeding rule excludes all black dragons. Basically, they're saying that although Zodiac is composed of black/yellow, when you breed with it, Black will always break down into blue/purple. Which effectively means that you can only get Zodiac, Blue, Purple, and Yellow hybrids if you breed a Zodiac + Diamond.

Kooky, can you clarify that we are intrepreting this change in the breeding rule correctly? No black dragons (hybrids or pure) can result from Zodiac + Diamond?
    Last edited by redstar177; 06-17-15 at 07:22 AM.
    Android Player - The Vale of Arryn
    10 Pure Diamonds, 2 Quetzels, 1 Helios, 1 Mercury, 1 Unicorn, 1 Gold, 1 Infinity, 1 Crusader, 1 Prime Eternal
    Accepting all neighbors

Nightclub Owner
    I think the new breeding rule excludes all black dragons. Basically, they're saying that although Zodiac is composed of black/yellow, when you breed with it, Black will always break down into blue/purple. Which effectively means that you can only get Zodiac, Blue, Purple, and Yellow hybrids if you breed a Zodiac + Diamond.

Kooky, can you clarify that we are intrepreting this change in the breeding rule correctly? No black dragons (hybrids or pure) can result from Zodiac + Diamond?
    Kooky said that "Word from Design team is that the current results are intended."

And since other players saying they cannot get Night, that's why I think that's what Kooky meant, but I think we all need him to be a little more specific
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

The Honorable Panda

I will try and get more specific info!
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    redstar177 is correct on how this type works now. This excludes all Black types from the breeding pool when breeding Zodiac/Diamond.

Thanks for getting an answer on this from TL staff Kooky. I'm not happy about the change but I am glad to know it's intended.... although I wish I had not spent months testing this just to figure it out (communication with players has never been a strong point for TL though). >_< lol

Nightclub Owner
    So this means the only Diamond hybrids that can result from breeding Zodiac and Diamond are Gold and Astromancer, to get Dark Angel or Black Diamond you'll need to breed Diamond and Night
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Executive Chef
    So this means the only Diamond hybrids that can result from breeding Zodiac and Diamond are Gold and Astromancer, to get Dark Angel or Black Diamond you'll need to breed Diamond and Night
    Due to this change you can only get Gold, Mercury, Anubis and Astromancer from Diamond/Zodiac. So, yes to get Dark Angel or Black Diamond you must breed Diamond/Black.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by knj00 View Post
    Due to this change you can only get Gold, Mercury, Anubis and Astromancer from Diamond/Zodiac. So, yes to get Dark Angel or Black Diamond you must breed Diamond/Black.
    Oh yeah, forgot about those, but I was more emphasizing the Black diamond hybrids
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast